Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A trick to remain anonymous?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7341 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2012, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I'M not sure why a bank would reject the offer unless it was illegal or not cost effective. Banks are in the business to invest money to make money. If a bank could invest lets say $50 million on a $100 million dollar ticket, they would make $50 million over 26 years (not including taxes) from the ticket. But I'M not sure if it would be cost effective for a bank to do this, a bank may be able to make more than $50 million on  $50 million over 26 years

Of course I would expect to receive all the money up front and pay taxes on it, and lawyers would certainly be involved.  I would dread being publicly identified as the winner because I have scores of friends and family that would hound me for financial assistance, and I would end up losing many if them as friends if I did not financially assist them all equally

Of course I would have no problem helping the ones that needed it to some degree, but you can't do that without alienating all the rest at the same time.

And if a trust is possible that is also an option, but i thought I read a trust is not allowed in some states. I live in Illinois and I do not know the laws on this. Another reason why I considered selling the ticket is because I may be able to get larger one lump sum from an investor than I would from the state

"If a bank could invest lets say $50 million on a $100 million dollar ticket, they would make $50 million over 26 years (not including taxes) from the ticket."

The banks and investors buying annuities only pay a small percentage of the actual value if "you need cash now" and after state and Federal taxes, a cash value jackpot of $75 million is only worth about $43 million. Even if it is legal, I doubt would get more than $20 million.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2012, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

STEP 1: Win

ahh... i KNEW i kept forgetting something...

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2012, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

"I just don't want everyone to know it."

The real trick is remaining anonymous after getting the money. Do you really believe your family and friends won't notice you quit your job, bought several new vehicles, a new house with brand new furnishings, and the obvious change in lifestyle?

"If there is a leagal way to do this in illinois I would love to know it"

Nobody will buy the ticket before actually checking the value and I wouldn't hand it unsigned to anybody. Some players hand their unsigned tickets to store clerks and are told the tickets are worthless or only won a couple of bucks. You can't remain anonymous by signing the back of the ticket and anyone can sign their name to an unsigned ticket and cash it. It's not the same as a check with "pay to the order of".

If you find a way to cash the ticket anonymously, let me know because I can't even a anonymus email account without getting lots of spam.

I would want to remain anonymous.   I wouldn't be purchasing a new house.. there is nothing wrong with the one I have.  I wouldn't be buying new cars..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        4062 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2012, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Stack

Take a trip to a large city in your state, take up an appartment and get a unlisted phone, mail box, utilities

etc....  Then use that address and information when making the claim.  Depencing where you live and the

state laws you may not have to do a interview with the press or jusr have a lawyer do it for you.  Chances

are in a large enough city there are several people in the area that have the same name and anyone in your

true location will most likely think that it was someone with the same name that won.  You can maintain your

current living address and live as you normally do at home.   If no picture is published who will be the wiser.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2012, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Another "trick" might be to give your dog a full human name and SS#. With a little practice, you should be able to train him (or her Hippy), to

sign the annuity or one time checks with the paw. This should be a preferably younger dog or pup, to guarantee the continued acceptance of the

annuity checks. (20-25 years).

The public appearance should be a snap, just throw on a little makeup, shave the face, and tell the officials he came down with laryngitis.

Why pay the banks some exorbitant fees?    Thumbs Down   Dogs truly are mans best friend, and anonymous ally.

Bahamas
            Member #114685
            August 5, 2011
            422 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Another "trick" might be to give your dog a full human name and SS#. With a little practice, you should be able to train him (or her Hippy), to

sign the annuity or one time checks with the paw. This should be a preferably younger dog or pup, to guarantee the continued acceptance of the

annuity checks. (20-25 years).

The public appearance should be a snap, just throw on a little makeup, shave the face, and tell the officials he came down with laryngitis.

Why pay the banks some exorbitant fees?    Thumbs Down   Dogs truly are mans best friend, and anonymous ally.

My dog has been in the witness protection program so he can handle a name change.

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

My dog has been in the witness protection program so he can handle a name change.

Changes are easy for dogs, we can learn much from them. I say get rid of all the politicians, and replace them with our loyal Pit Bulls.  Smash

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7341 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I would want to remain anonymous.   I wouldn't be purchasing a new house.. there is nothing wrong with the one I have.  I wouldn't be buying new cars..

I see no reason to even buy a ticket that could be worth millions of dollars if you're not planning on spending, investing, or doing something with the money. My favorite winner's line is "I love my job and I'll keep on working" because any of us that works know there are lots of days when we are ill or just don't feel like going to work, but we know we must. That would all change with a multi-million bank account.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I see no reason to even buy a ticket that could be worth millions of dollars if you're not planning on spending, investing, or doing something with the money. My favorite winner's line is "I love my job and I'll keep on working" because any of us that works know there are lots of days when we are ill or just don't feel like going to work, but we know we must. That would all change with a multi-million bank account.

Green laughSure, and might as well keep the same pair of shoes, sheets, and tooth-brush for another 20 years. Waste not, want not.  No Pity!

United States
                    Member #128373
                    May 22, 2012
                    201 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Keeping full anonymity would be something I'd explore if I hit it big.  But changing my number and moving would at least keep the pests away.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7341 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Stack

Take a trip to a large city in your state, take up an appartment and get a unlisted phone, mail box, utilities

etc....  Then use that address and information when making the claim.  Depencing where you live and the

state laws you may not have to do a interview with the press or jusr have a lawyer do it for you.  Chances

are in a large enough city there are several people in the area that have the same name and anyone in your

true location will most likely think that it was someone with the same name that won.  You can maintain your

current living address and live as you normally do at home.   If no picture is published who will be the wiser.

RL

RL, that's one of the best ideas I've read on how to claim anonymously without all the legal and sometimes illegal mumbo jumbo we read. Even if your name isn't common somebody will tell you they read where someone with your name won the lottery and probably say "too bad it wasn't you".

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

#1 reason for playing

being able to quit my job.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4945 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I thought about wearing some crazy costume if I win but if the costume is too crazy, news sources will pick up on it and then draw too much focus to the win. But I like the burka idea.

United States
                            Member #128372
                            May 22, 2012
                            8 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2012, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

"The real trick is remaining anonymous after getting the money. Do you really believe your family and friends won't notice you quit your job, bought several new vehicles, a new house with brand new furnishings, and the obvious change in lifestyle?"

I have altready thought about that, I would claim to be investing in the stock market and realestate and claim to be getting really good at it Wink

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3857 Posts
                              Posted: May 23, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

"The real trick is remaining anonymous after getting the money. Do you really believe your family and friends won't notice you quit your job, bought several new vehicles, a new house with brand new furnishings, and the obvious change in lifestyle?"

I have altready thought about that, I would claim to be investing in the stock market and realestate and claim to be getting really good at it Wink

well ok, but what will you do if they ask you to help them get good at it ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.