Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 21 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7344 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2012, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I know, isn't it amazing? It seems like the most goofy people you will ever meet in your whole life are right here on LP trying to come up with ways to win an unwinnable jackpot.

Take my idea of pretending to play 100k lines per draw and thinking I will "win" a jackpot in 5 years time when simple math tells me that 175,000,000 divided by 100k is 1750 and 1750 draws divided by 104 draws per year is 16.826923 years before I can statistically expect to "win" a jackpot on paper which is not going to mean anything to anyone at all. 

I mean, you have to ask yourself: "what are people thinking when they do such things"?

That's why I said you need a group of 28 numbers that consistently matches 5 numbers. Because of the amount you're hypothetically playing that's one out of every three drawings. You could expect to get one jackpot for every 75 five number hits.

"I mean, you have to ask yourself: "what are people thinking when they do such things"?"

They are ignoring the fact that matching all five numbers the magical "once out of every three drawings" using 28 numbers exceeds the probability of 2.5% by 13.2 times.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2012, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

That's why I said you need a group of 28 numbers that consistently matches 5 numbers. Because of the amount you're hypothetically playing that's one out of every three drawings. You could expect to get one jackpot for every 75 five number hits.

"I mean, you have to ask yourself: "what are people thinking when they do such things"?"

They are ignoring the fact that matching all five numbers the magical "once out of every three drawings" using 28 numbers exceeds the probability of 2.5% by 13.2 times.

Stack, you are the ONLY person here who has ever suggested hitting 5 of 5 once every three draws, in your post you are quoting yourself.... "once out of every three drawings"

The object here is to PREDICT winning numbers and do BETTER than the probably odds.

Once I hit 5 of 5, I moved on to a NEW PREDICTION, otherwise I would be back to "probable" odds of 1 in 38 drawings if I play the same "group of 28 numbers"

As RJ said, no group of 28 numbers that will consistently do better than probable odds.

It up to YOU to consistently "BETTER" your odds, not the numbers.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2012, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Ok mc,

I went down and spoke to Susan who is the office manager at my local Lottery office. She was absolutely delighted to put 2 people on the job of running my near 20,000 play slips though their 2 terminals if I would only produce them. (and the cash of course)

She said they get requests for a few 1000 QP at a time but never more. They could start right away if only I would settle for QP's, but otherwise I would need the play slips.

I spoke to her about wheeling and boxing numbers which she had never heard of, but did think it was a great idea and that I should hope that they offer such a thing in the future. 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5143 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2012, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Ok mc,

I went down and spoke to Susan who is the office manager at my local Lottery office. She was absolutely delighted to put 2 people on the job of running my near 20,000 play slips though their 2 terminals if I would only produce them. (and the cash of course)

She said they get requests for a few 1000 QP at a time but never more. They could start right away if only I would settle for QP's, but otherwise I would need the play slips.

I spoke to her about wheeling and boxing numbers which she had never heard of, but did think it was a great idea and that I should hope that they offer such a thing in the future. 

congrat'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

U have a>>>>>>>>>>GREAT>CASE>4D>SUPREME "COURT">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hang in DARE!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>WILL>>>>SET "U" FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2012, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Ok mc,

Good luck with that. Obviously AZ is a more customer friendly state to do business in.  Cheers

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2012, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

congrat'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

U have a>>>>>>>>>>GREAT>CASE>4D>SUPREME "COURT">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hang in DARE!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>WILL>>>>SET "U" FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

IIIIII....................AM...................THE.......

CHAMPION...................OF.THEW.ORLD...................

DrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrum

NNNNNNNOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

OOOOONE.CAN.DENY.MY.LOTTERY.GREATNESS..................

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Ok mc,

She was absolutely delighted to put 2 people on the job of running my near 20,000 play slips though their 2 terminals if I would only produce them. (and the cash of course)

That was nice of her to offer but probably any retailer would be happy to assign a clerk or two to print them for you since he would be getting 5% of sales($4900+) for his troubles.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

She was absolutely delighted to put 2 people on the job of running my near 20,000 play slips though their 2 terminals if I would only produce them. (and the cash of course)

That was nice of her to offer but probably any retailer would be happy to assign a clerk or two to print them for you since he would be getting 5% of sales($4900+) for his troubles.

dID YOU HAVE A POINT rj?

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Very good point RJ, hadn't considered that angle. Plus on top of that, if Ronnie actually hits the jackpot, that retailer would get another piece of action.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Very good point RJ, hadn't considered that angle. Plus on top of that, if Ronnie actually hits the jackpot, that retailer would get another piece of action.

Perhaps your Lottery office thought you were a crackpot mc?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5143 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

IIIIII....................AM...................THE.......

CHAMPION...................OF.THEW.ORLD...................

DrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrumDrum

NNNNNNNOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

OOOOONE.CAN.DENY.MY.LOTTERY.GREATNESS..................

PSYKO ''respects'' this ARTIST!!!!!!!DrumDrum

sorry (rn) U need 2 stay outta D "RING"

with......... CHAMPION$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

PSYKO ''respects'' this ARTIST!!!!!!!DrumDrum

sorry (rn) U need 2 stay outta D "RING"

with......... CHAMPION$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

LurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurkingLurking

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps your Lottery office thought you were a crackpot mc?

Perhaps. Although they were quite cordial and professional in handling my inquiry. For them to consult with the lottery director leads me to

believe they were taking me seriously. Dealing with any "state" run government agency is always opening a can of worms anyways.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps. Although they were quite cordial and professional in handling my inquiry. For them to consult with the lottery director leads me to

believe they were taking me seriously. Dealing with any "state" run government agency is always opening a can of worms anyways.

True, and showing up in front of the cameras is a bit different that calling on the phone with a "hypothetical" question.........

I can imagine the scrutiny I would go through in the event that I somehow WON a JP under the circumstances of buying 98,280 tickets at the state office..... lol. lol. lol.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: June 25, 2012, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I mean, lets face it. Pastor med. and his "crack" team of Lottery investigators are probably on their way to Phoenix right now to look at the camera footage and do face recognition analysis to try and figure out who I REALLY am and what kind of a TROLL I REALLY am.

lol.

lol.

lol.

Sad Wavey

Page 21 of 353