Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 19 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2012, 10:58 am - IP Logged

There is a much easier way..........

Walk into the Lottery office with $98,280. cash and 28 numbers. (plus a bonus ball)

If a person can walk into a strip club with $100k and get "service" I'm sure the Lottery office would be happy to do the same. And imagine the look on their face when I tell them I will be back twice a week till I win the JP.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2012, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Walk into the Lottery office with $98,280. cash and 28 numbers. (plus a bonus ball)

If a person can walk into a strip club with $100k and get "service" I'm sure the Lottery office would be happy to do the same. And imagine the look on their face when I tell them I will be back twice a week till I win the JP.

Maybe that's possible, I should call my lottery office to propose that scenario, to see if that's even doable?

And unless you are carefully double checking each and every ticket on your own for accuracy, what if a couple of the played numbers are

transposed incorrectly by the lottery staff?

You just might score a 5+0 first bat out, but if the number was recorded as 2-10-13-29-46  MB-33, and the number you actually wanted

to play was 2-10-13-29-33  MM-46,  and the winning 5+0 was 2-10-13-29-33, what is your recourse? Don't think you can sue the lottery.

Not trying to bust your pair Ronnie, just playing Devil's Advocate.  Red Devil    LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19813 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2012, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

If that was possible then the couple that traveled to Massachusetts to play their game rundowns wouldn't have had to take over a couple of store terminals to buy $300K of quick picks.  The state ended the game because the general public thought allowing players with $300K to stand at a terminal for two days buying  lottery tickets made it too easy for them to win.

Imagine a state like Ohio (my state) with a 6/49 game who's jackpots has reached $50M/$25M cash in the past allowing anyone with $14M to buy a full 6/49 wheel directly from the main office, it would be almost like exchanging $25M for $14M.  How long do you think players/losers would continue contributing to the jackpots.

No way any lottery that plans to be around for a while would ever consider such an idea.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2012, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

A full wheel of 28 numbers has 98280 lines so every three games you need to win $294,840 just to break even money wise not to mention the time spent filling out play slips and standing in lines to play them.

I was thinking about something more realistic like filling out 50 playslips using 250 combos. But with no guarantee of matching all five numbers on the same line when the 28 number group matched all 5 numbers once out of every three drawings, I would have to rely on winnings from matching 3 or 4 numbers to show a profit. And comparing the smaller prize payoffs, playing a Pick-5 game like Rolling Cash 5 would probably be a better option.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2012, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

If that was possible then the couple that traveled to Massachusetts to play their game rundowns wouldn't have had to take over a couple of store terminals to buy $300K of quick picks.  The state ended the game because the general public thought allowing players with $300K to stand at a terminal for two days buying  lottery tickets made it too easy for them to win.

Imagine a state like Ohio (my state) with a 6/49 game who's jackpots has reached $50M/$25M cash in the past allowing anyone with $14M to buy a full 6/49 wheel directly from the main office, it would be almost like exchanging $25M for $14M.  How long do you think players/losers would continue contributing to the jackpots.

No way any lottery that plans to be around for a while would ever consider such an idea.

Well first RJ, I'm talking about $98,280. NOT $300k. Big difference right there.

Those people went to the Liquor store instead of the Lottery office is because they were trying to exploit a flaw in the system, which is not at all what I'm talking about doing.

Thirdly, if a Tote system at the track can wheel or box all possible numbers, I'm sure the lottery can also, even if they need to update their system to accomidate new demands.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: June 24, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Maybe that's possible, I should call my lottery office to propose that scenario, to see if that's even doable?

And unless you are carefully double checking each and every ticket on your own for accuracy, what if a couple of the played numbers are

transposed incorrectly by the lottery staff?

You just might score a 5+0 first bat out, but if the number was recorded as 2-10-13-29-46  MB-33, and the number you actually wanted

to play was 2-10-13-29-33  MM-46,  and the winning 5+0 was 2-10-13-29-33, what is your recourse? Don't think you can sue the lottery.

Not trying to bust your pair Ronnie, just playing Devil's Advocate.  Red Devil    LOL

Not as hard as you might think mc,

With a Tote system like the track uses they can put all 28 numbers on one ticket.

ChaChing ChaChing, that will be $98,280. dollars please.......    Scared

And if course always "check all tickets before leaving the window"

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Not as hard as you might think mc,

With a Tote system like the track uses they can put all 28 numbers on one ticket.

ChaChing ChaChing, that will be $98,280. dollars please.......    Scared

And if course always "check all tickets before leaving the window"

Very good then. You seem to have all the angles covered. Please let us know when you receive your first 5+0 check!   Banana

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2012, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a plan if only someone could come up a list that works.

Ahhhh....the $64,000 question. Who might that "someone" be.  What?

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Very good then. You seem to have all the angles covered. Please let us know when you receive your first 5+0 check!   Banana

Not so fast mc,

Im waiting for you to follow through on"I should call my lottery office to propose that scenario, to see if that's even doable?"

After that Im planning on hitting 5 of 5 a few times right here before I start dropping $100k on each drawing. Besides Im think it will take about 5 years to hit a JP and @ $100k per drawing I am talking about a $51 million proposition.

But what did the Lottery think was going to start happening once they created $640 million dollar Jackpots that are up for grabs?

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

btw, $51 mill is less than the price of a new Gulfstream G650 business plane and there are 200 people fighting over who is going to get one first when they come off the line.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jet_setter_dogfight_for_wings_dY44RQtBAuBKBUDqy4VyJJ

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Not so fast mc,

Im waiting for you to follow through on"I should call my lottery office to propose that scenario, to see if that's even doable?"

After that Im planning on hitting 5 of 5 a few times right here before I start dropping $100k on each drawing. Besides Im think it will take about 5 years to hit a JP and @ $100k per drawing I am talking about a $51 million proposition.

But what did the Lottery think was going to start happening once they created $640 million dollar Jackpots that are up for grabs?

I will call the lotto office tomorrow morning and let you know their answer.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I will call the lotto office tomorrow morning and let you know their answer.

Ok, thanks mc. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19813 Posts
                          Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Well first RJ, I'm talking about $98,280. NOT $300k. Big difference right there.

Those people went to the Liquor store instead of the Lottery office is because they were trying to exploit a flaw in the system, which is not at all what I'm talking about doing.

Thirdly, if a Tote system at the track can wheel or box all possible numbers, I'm sure the lottery can also, even if they need to update their system to accomidate new demands.

According to the couple, it wasn't a flaw but a well advertised scheme to encourage big spenders to buy more tickets which they did.

Besides,they had gone to the lottery office several times before to collect their winnings and was congratulated by lottery officials who knew how they were winning.

Remember, they weren't the first big spenders to win a lottery jackpot. Back in the eighties a foreign investment group won the Virgina lottery by buying all the possible combinations and afterwards most states put in rules to prevent that from ever happening again.

If there is a way for big spenders to guarantee themselves winning the jackpots then states don't want to appear to be helping them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Ok, thanks mc. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Don't mention it, the least I can do for an up and coming millionaire.   Big Grin

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

According to the couple, it wasn't a flaw but a well advertised scheme to encourage big spenders to buy more tickets which they did.

Besides,they had gone to the lottery office several times before to collect their winnings and was congratulated by lottery officials who knew how they were winning.

Remember, they weren't the first big spenders to win a lottery jackpot. Back in the eighties a foreign investment group won the Virgina lottery by buying all the possible combinations and afterwards most states put in rules to prevent that from ever happening again.

If there is a way for big spenders to guarantee themselves winning the jackpots then states don't want to appear to be helping them.

Well that sounds like good news for me.

Somehow I don't think using "Thriftys power of positive energy flow system" will ever be misconstrued as guaranteeing myself a win.

Page 19 of 353