Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 330 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

54 numbers weren't drawn and Ronnie used 1/3 of them. Why not examine the reason why none of them hit and use it to eliminate 18 numbers in future drawings?

I agree.  The key to winning combinations is not in the numbers themselves, but in their geometric dynamics.  Because after all when on number (ball)  bounces against another number ( ball)  the science is 99.9%  physics and geometry.  And the stats is the picture of that chaotic dynamic.  And the ruler of the patterns is the sun and the big G.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2013, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

He probably won't bother to explain that to anyone since he might consider such an advantage as proprietary.

They said they were averaging a two number match in 1/3 of the drawings and probably about the same as any group of 28 numbers. And then they went on to say IF they could match four numbers in 1/3 of the drawings, they will eventually win the jackpot. It's about the same as saying IF a group of 28 numbers could average a five number match once in 7 drawings, they could show a small profit by playing a 4800 combo 4if4 wheel and should win a jackpot once in about 350 drawings.

I decided to quit replying to our skeptics because they refuse to acknowledge any bet is won by the conditions being met and when there are odds against those conditions being met, the winner beat those odds. By playing $20 a drawing, the odds of you having a five number match on Classic Lotto is once in every 17.37 years. This game is only six years old so I'm pretty sure you beat the odds!

If I ever win a MM or PB jackpot, I won't care what the odds against me winning a second jackpot are.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2013, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

They said they were averaging a two number match in 1/3 of the drawings and probably about the same as any group of 28 numbers. And then they went on to say IF they could match four numbers in 1/3 of the drawings, they will eventually win the jackpot. It's about the same as saying IF a group of 28 numbers could average a five number match once in 7 drawings, they could show a small profit by playing a 4800 combo 4if4 wheel and should win a jackpot once in about 350 drawings.

I decided to quit replying to our skeptics because they refuse to acknowledge any bet is won by the conditions being met and when there are odds against those conditions being met, the winner beat those odds. By playing $20 a drawing, the odds of you having a five number match on Classic Lotto is once in every 17.37 years. This game is only six years old so I'm pretty sure you beat the odds!

If I ever win a MM or PB jackpot, I won't care what the odds against me winning a second jackpot are.

I decided to quit replying to our skeptics because they refuse to acknowledge any bet is won by the conditions being met and when there are odds against those conditions being met, the winner beat those odds.

Banana

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2013, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Those kinds of stats aren't hard to clarify, I have similar stats for Pick6 game on the prediction board.

Pick 6

Statistic  Current Month  Last Month  Current Year  Last Year  Lifetime 
        Picks10801405903,527
        Hits0141672
            Hit Ratio0.00%1.25%2.86%2.71%2.04%
        Winnings$0$5,000$5,015$270$5,735
            Prize Ratio0.00%6250.00%3582.14%45.76%162.60%

Check them for yourself.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with similar stats.

This looks really great RJ.  I had a decent month last month and this is only going to motivate me.

I am coming after you.  Enjoy your time at the top of the list, because I am about to surpass you. ( Give or take a month)

I love the way Jimmy talks like he knows when his lifetime prize ratio belongs in a land fill.

The proof is in the statistics.  Good work RJ!  You must be using that pirated A+ GH program to its full advantage!Jester Laugh

BTW, GH is having a 30th anniversary sweepstakes giveaway!  So any interested parties can check out smart luck dot com!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

This looks really great RJ.  I had a decent month last month and this is only going to motivate me.

I am coming after you.  Enjoy your time at the top of the list, because I am about to surpass you. ( Give or take a month)

I love the way Jimmy talks like he knows when his lifetime prize ratio belongs in a land fill.

The proof is in the statistics.  Good work RJ!  You must be using that pirated A+ GH program to its full advantage!Jester Laugh

BTW, GH is having a 30th anniversary sweepstakes giveaway!  So any interested parties can check out smart luck dot com!

The only GH program I ever had was on a 5½ floppy in the early nineties.  It was written in GWBasic and saved using the protect feature.  When I removed the protect feature and saw its only feature was the RND function built in to the language, I knew I could write something better with my limited skills.  I wouldn't waste my time with any of GH stuff even if it was free.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2013, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

The only GH program I ever had was on a 5½ floppy in the early nineties.  It was written in GWBasic and saved using the protect feature.  When I removed the protect feature and saw its only feature was the RND function built in to the language, I knew I could write something better with my limited skills.  I wouldn't waste my time with any of GH stuff even if it was free.

BS

GH does her best.  At least she offes a vocabulary to describe patterns.  Something that has not been provided by some other sites.

Anyway, RJ, not everybody is as smart as you.  Some people often need a little help or push to get them in the right direction.

My Excel chart are different and better in many ways.  But some people need to crawl before they can walk.  Yes I bet you can run circles aroud Gails program.  Many people cannot.  She offers a ray of hope in a landscape desperation.

GuitarBanana DanceSun Smiley TypeSun SmileyDanceBananaGuitar

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

Do you really believe I don't understand the meaning of the word --IF-- ?  Your posts are rife with the word, and it really is getting boring.  Sometimes you do get creative, though, and allude to it without actually using it.  Here's an example from above...

"I decided to quit replying to our skeptics because they refuse to acknowledge any bet is won by the conditions being met and when there are odds against thoseconditions being met, the winner beat those odds."

When are you going to tell us that --IF-- you are sure of the 5 white balls in the next Powerball drawing, you will only need to buy 35 tickets to take home the Jackpot?

--Jimmy4164

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2013, 12:06 am - IP Logged

LottoBoner,

I'm sorry you feel so desperate.  When you say, "She [Gail Howard] offers a ray of hope in a landscape desperation," it's hard not to ask if you've ever consulted with someone who could give you some insight into what underlies your inordinate need to believe you can engineer an advantage over the majority of us who accept the posted odds.

--Jimmy4164

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3962 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2013, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Ronnie316

For MM regardless of which 18 numbers you select there are 501,942 sets that won't have any of the 18 numbers

so the odds could be expressed as 1 in 7.61.  3,819,816/501,942=7.61

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

China
                    Member #139811
                    March 4, 2013
                    1 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2013, 3:18 am - IP Logged

All combinations have the same odds. The balls don't know they're numbered.

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:47 am - IP Logged

• You have chosen to hide this message posted by jimmy4164.

Sad Wavey

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Yes they do!  MadJester Laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2013, 9:02 am - IP Logged

BS

GH does her best.  At least she offes a vocabulary to describe patterns.  Something that has not been provided by some other sites.

Anyway, RJ, not everybody is as smart as you.  Some people often need a little help or push to get them in the right direction.

My Excel chart are different and better in many ways.  But some people need to crawl before they can walk.  Yes I bet you can run circles aroud Gails program.  Many people cannot.  She offers a ray of hope in a landscape desperation.

GuitarBanana DanceSun Smiley TypeSun SmileyDanceBananaGuitar

Sounds like you take it personal when players aren't a fan of GH or understand any of her terms and definitions.  I thought enough of Lotto Pro to buy it and think it's a great program but I no longer use it because I  prefer using my own programs.   Lots of lottery players have never read or used any of her stuff, what's BS about that?

As for being smart, nothing I've done is beyond the capability of the average lottery player who's willing to spend the time it takes to do it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3962 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2013, 10:14 am - IP Logged

If you are going to play the lottery then forget the odds.  Those players who live by the odds also loose

by the odds.

There is only one reason to calculate the odds for the lottery or any game of chance and it's the gaming

industry that banks on them. They design the games so that there will be many more losers than winners.

The upside is that the player has a chance of winning big with very little investment and the odds don't really

matter, we buy a chance or chances not the winning numbers.

System players make their own rules and play accordingly win or loose, even if a system produces far better

than QP's over time, chance can still account for the success evan if a system were to produce two or more JP

wins in a year. 

Chance can cover just about anything and in games of chance you can't shed the possibility that a win was just a

product of chance.

These arguments go nowhere and are fruitless because no one can determined if it was chance or skill or a bit

of both, the latter is more my way of thinking.  Parts of the drawing are easy to predict while others are not. 

I use my skills as best I can and leave the rest to chance.  How about we move on and leave the odds to the

game makers. 

RL

BoxingBashChairGuitarGroup Hug

Thinking of...

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                              Member #93947
                              July 10, 2010
                              2180 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2013, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Shenita574,

Simple truths such as yours are not accepted by the most vocal posters here.  The recent evasive and convoluted comment on your post above is a typical example of the kind of thinking you will find here. 

--Jimmy4164

Page 330 of 353