Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 332 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2013, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

This looks really great RJ.  I had a decent month last month and this is only going to motivate me.

I am coming after you.  Enjoy your time at the top of the list, because I am about to surpass you. ( Give or take a month)

I love the way Jimmy talks like he knows when his lifetime prize ratio belongs in a land fill.

The proof is in the statistics.  Good work RJ!  You must be using that pirated A+ GH program to its full advantage!Jester Laugh

BTW, GH is having a 30th anniversary sweepstakes giveaway!  So any interested parties can check out smart luck dot com!

LottoBoner,

Yeah, RJOh sure knows when to "Take the money and run."  It's amazing the boost your stats get when you have a $5000 hit in one month with an $80 outlay.  Now, if RJOh is smart, he'll stop posting for the rest of the year.  That way, his 2013 stats will offset his 2012 results, which are right in line with what most people experience.

https://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=1158&r=3

As for landfills, which one are you in?  If we happen to be in the same one, how will I know who you are?  Smile

https://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=126458&r=1

If you read my posts, you'll find that I don't make any claims regarding my Prediction board results.  They tell their own story...

https://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=95850

--Jimmy4164

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7308 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Fri. Mar. 1, 2013.

01 02 05 06 08 09 10 11 12 15 19 20 22 26 27 30 32 35 38 39 40 41 42 44 46 50 55 56

bonus ball 08

When we were discussing how a 4800 combo 4if4 of 28 number wheel would need to match all five numbers once out of every 7 drawings to show a small profit, I never thought about the Megaplier option. Because that prize is $1 million, an average of one hit out of 14 drawings or about 3 out of 39 should show a profit too.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

When we were discussing how a 4800 combo 4if4 of 28 number wheel would need to match all five numbers once out of every 7 drawings to show a small profit, I never thought about the Megaplier option. Because that prize is $1 million, an average of one hit out of 14 drawings or about 3 out of 39 should show a profit too.

RJOh showed a chart that had stats for hitting 5 of 5 using recently drawn numbers. I remember that 35 numbers were hitting about 10% of the time with "skips" in the list where 20 or so draws would go by without a hit. If timing was good if seems 28 of the past 35 could be played toward the end of a 20 draw "skip"

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Have a good night everyone. Sleep

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2013, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

LottoBoner,

Yeah, RJOh sure knows when to "Take the money and run."  It's amazing the boost your stats get when you have a $5000 hit in one month with an $80 outlay.  Now, if RJOh is smart, he'll stop posting for the rest of the year.  That way, his 2013 stats will offset his 2012 results, which are right in line with what most people experience.

https://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=1158&r=3

As for landfills, which one are you in?  If we happen to be in the same one, how will I know who you are?  Smile

https://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=126458&r=1

If you read my posts, you'll find that I don't make any claims regarding my Prediction board results.  They tell their own story...

https://www.lotterypost.com/predictions-statistics.asp?i=95850

--Jimmy4164

Yeah,  RJOh sure knows when to "Take the money and run."  It's amazing the boost your stats get when you have a $5000 hit in one month with an $80 outlay.  Now, if RJOh is smart, he'll stop posting for the rest of the year.

To be rated on the prediction board you has to posted predictions in the previous six months.  Some have accused me of only posting 10 lines per game to rig the results and now you try to say there's something shady about matching 5of6 in 8 drawings playing only 10 lines.

My only reason for posting those results were to show you that winning back 25% of the money spent on a pick6 game isn't unusual.  The ratings on the prediction board are calculated automatically and can't be rigged by smart playing.

I've been posting predictions ever since the board was created and been in the top twenty most of that time and I have no plans to stop.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2013, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah,  RJOh sure knows when to "Take the money and run."  It's amazing the boost your stats get when you have a $5000 hit in one month with an $80 outlay.  Now, if RJOh is smart, he'll stop posting for the rest of the year.

To be rated on the prediction board you has to posted predictions in the previous six months.  Some have accused me of only posting 10 lines per game to rig the results and now you try to say there's something shady about matching 5of6 in 8 drawings playing only 10 lines.

My only reason for posting those results were to show you that winning back 25% of the money spent on a pick6 game isn't unusual.  The ratings on the prediction board are calculated automatically and can't be rigged by smart playing.

I've been posting predictions ever since the board was created and been in the top twenty most of that time and I have no plans to stop.

RJOh,

If you reread my post carefully, I think you will see that you were not accused of rigging anything.  I know how the stats are compiled at LP.  I said, "if RJOh is smart," somewhat playfully hinting that if you stopped posting now, your high prize ratio would hold for the rest of the year.  It's an easy way that some people use to document support for their arguments that "skill" can help you win.  If you spend some time looking at the stats of people who post their maximum allotment over at least 3 months, you will see that the most common Prize Ratio is in the vicinity of 48-52%.  Scores above 100% can usually be traced to a few (often only 1) lucky plays, like your $5000 hit in a Pick-6.  You'll have to admit, you don't post a lot of picks, not nearly enough to support any claims for a "long term" edge.  You do better than average.

During the year that I followed and compiled the results of MadDog's Powerball Challenge, one notable person scored a big hit early on, and then never posted again.  Their Prize Ratio for that year [in the Challenge] looks great.  Their PR on the LP boards last year with around $500K Picks, was 35%.  They haven't predicted this year.  You can assess this behaviour however you wish.

By the way,  Do you consider yourself wealthy?

--Jimmy4164

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:10 am - IP Logged

That money's gone fo ever

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:15 am - IP Logged

^^^^ it seems some number combinations have better oods

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:38 am - IP Logged

^^^^ it seems some number combinations have better oods

Which ones, the winning numbers listed for 03/07/2013, which haven't been drawn yet?

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Which ones, the winning numbers listed for 03/07/2013, which haven't been drawn yet?

yessir! get your tickets and claim that prize

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2013, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Wow.  Let me tell you something about  these results that seem VERY strange.

1) Five numbers repeating after only 103 drawings?  Has this ever happend before? STRANGE

2) Often people will replay a number after it is drawn.  Especially in three numbers so if 190 is drawn midday, people will replay it for evening.

In this case NOBODY repeated the numbers.  STRANGE

3) Is this game a RNG?  If its real balls than definately STRANGE!!!

4) This must be a typo.  That would explain it.   Or Something is very fishy here!!!!!!!

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                        NYC
                        United States
                        Member #117984
                        October 19, 2011
                        1843 Posts
                        Posted: March 5, 2013, 1:29 am - IP Logged

To the OP, this thread is cool. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. Hiding Behind Computer

In School, math and probabilities were the subjects I hated most, lol. My favorite subject was lunch. Jester

So yeah, short story short... I asked Wikipedia and got this:

Big Grin

*leaves room quietly before tomatoes start getting thrown*

Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: March 5, 2013, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Wow.  Let me tell you something about  these results that seem VERY strange.

1) Five numbers repeating after only 103 drawings?  Has this ever happend before? STRANGE

2) Often people will replay a number after it is drawn.  Especially in three numbers so if 190 is drawn midday, people will replay it for evening.

In this case NOBODY repeated the numbers.  STRANGE

3) Is this game a RNG?  If its real balls than definately STRANGE!!!

4) This must be a typo.  That would explain it.   Or Something is very fishy here!!!!!!!

The drawing for 03/07/2013 has not happened. If you go get your ticket then you will have the winning ticket on that day

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: March 5, 2013, 8:52 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

If you reread my post carefully, I think you will see that you were not accused of rigging anything.  I know how the stats are compiled at LP.  I said, "if RJOh is smart," somewhat playfully hinting that if you stopped posting now, your high prize ratio would hold for the rest of the year.  It's an easy way that some people use to document support for their arguments that "skill" can help you win.  If you spend some time looking at the stats of people who post their maximum allotment over at least 3 months, you will see that the most common Prize Ratio is in the vicinity of 48-52%.  Scores above 100% can usually be traced to a few (often only 1) lucky plays, like your $5000 hit in a Pick-6.  You'll have to admit, you don't post a lot of picks, not nearly enough to support any claims for a "long term" edge.  You do better than average.

During the year that I followed and compiled the results of MadDog's Powerball Challenge, one notable person scored a big hit early on, and then never posted again.  Their Prize Ratio for that year [in the Challenge] looks great.  Their PR on the LP boards last year with around $500K Picks, was 35%.  They haven't predicted this year.  You can assess this behaviour however you wish.

--Jimmy4164

--Jimmy4164

You've stopped talking lottery and started getting nosey now, what's up with that? 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                              New Hampshire
                              United States
                              Member #136492
                              December 12, 2012
                              322 Posts
                              Posted: March 5, 2013, 9:13 am - IP Logged

I've always suspected you guys had an unfair competitive advantage in the L4L game! Talk about your big state bias LOL.

Page 332 of 353