Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pick 3 reduction using mathematical methods and the scientific calculator

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 4 years ago by lakerben.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

You are not the only one. I haven't seen any useful code in here that was working, beside of two VBA codes and one was mine.

Most of you have a mouth full of nothing. I haven't seen any of your work! Good English isn't enough!

slotsarefun's avatar - appleboy
    Cleveland Ohio
    United States
    Member #52505
    May 28, 2007
    330 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2012, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Humble is as humble does. Those of you who bring positive keep on pushing! those of you who bring negativity, good-bye. Not sure if that is good english but oh well.Bash

United States
      Member #89146
      March 31, 2010
      635 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2012, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

thank you slots

well said

like i always said we are all here to help each other

im not in competition with anyone here

we all put are heads together and try to beat this or at least profit alot

we all try our best here

this is a great site with brilliant people

i feel priviliged to be on here

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
        Vancouver BC
        Canada
        Member #96078
        August 22, 2010
        110 Posts
        Posted: July 26, 2012, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

And AquariusLottery, I'm asking your permission to code based on the method's you prescribed.  I have or will make some modifications to your methodology as I deem necessary, but since it is your system (as first described) I'd prefer your okay to share it with others.  Please let me know if you have any problems with that.

Hi AlgorithGuru,

Feel free to code according to the principles I described, or modify at will. Once I published them on LP forum or blog these ideas are free for anybody to utilise for their benefit. Good luck.

On the other side, consider seriously incorporating doubles in your system. Because of the begger payouts they are a must. My Kansas simulation would probably loose money if I were playing only for singles.

Aquarius

AlgorithmGuru's avatar - avatar
          Pittsburgh, PA
          United States
          Member #130598
          July 20, 2012
          37 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2012, 3:22 am - IP Logged

And AquariusLottery, I'm asking your permission to code based on the method's you prescribed.  I have or will make some modifications to your methodology as I deem necessary, but since it is your system (as first described) I'd prefer your okay to share it with others.  Please let me know if you have any problems with that.

Hi AlgorithGuru,

Feel free to code according to the principles I described, or modify at will. Once I published them on LP forum or blog these ideas are free for anybody to utilise for their benefit. Good luck.

On the other side, consider seriously incorporating doubles in your system. Because of the begger payouts they are a must. My Kansas simulation would probably loose money if I were playing only for singles.

Aquarius

Thanks for the go ahead, I do have to admit though there was a slight mix up of user names.  I'm terrible sometimes about seeing who wrote what and I when I put your name into that first response I actually meant to address that question to LKMike as I was referring to what he described as the first post under this topic.  As much of a geek as I am when it comes to computers, I actually don't join to many forums as they can be time consuming and I'd rather be coding, doing homework, or trying to get a date ;).  The downside of that is I'm not very good at traversing them.  Sorry about the incorrect interjection of your name.  I might have looked at some of your stuff A.L.  but I'll have to look again to see if any of it is useful for what I'm working on now.  I agree by the way, if I post code or any methodology ideas on here, then its because I'm willing to share them and let anyone use them however they see fit, as long as they don't hold me accountable for losing (or winning for that matter lol).

Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2012, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

What if I prove that your elimination is wrong?

United Kingdom
              Member #70630
              February 7, 2009
              734 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2012, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Humble is as humble does. Those of you who bring positive keep on pushing! those of you who bring negativity, good-bye. Not sure if that is good english but oh well.Bash

Yeah I am British, speak english and I understood, I hope someone does say good by as well, or post some thing interesting, rather than be a critic, and pest.

Regards,

billybouy...

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "

Pittsburgh, PA
                United States
                Member #130598
                July 20, 2012
                37 Posts
                Posted: August 15, 2012, 5:11 am - IP Logged

So I've essentially finished programming this project.  All the functions work, user interface is complete and all functionality is good.  All I'm adding now are the help page of the program and a few personal touches.  Next all I need to figure out is how to get it to the people that want it.  :)  I back tested it a little bit and seems to be a reliable system although doubles and triples coming up is not figured in and the elimination using the current functions doesn't remove a lot of values.  I'd say on average about 20 to 30.  The program can take inputs of any 3 digit value though not just singles.  It can also do multiple values back to back (not simulatneously - but the result is the same).  I'll work up the program information so it can be usable if there are any questions.  Anyone interested I suppose let me know and I'll figure out a way to get it out there.  I've seen some people use a "dropbox" style web site that offers space to put files to be distributed.  I'll look into those.  Just let me know if its a worthwhile venture.   Best of luck to everyone.  If anyone is interested in the code for the algorithms let me know, I'll be happy to post the source code of the module I built (using VB2010 Express).  Note: the module only, not the entire source code.  :)  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.  I've spent a good 30 or 40 hours programming this though.  Hope someone can enjoy it.  :)

Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2012, 10:42 am - IP Logged

So I've essentially finished programming this project.  All the functions work, user interface is complete and all functionality is good.  All I'm adding now are the help page of the program and a few personal touches.  Next all I need to figure out is how to get it to the people that want it.  :)  I back tested it a little bit and seems to be a reliable system although doubles and triples coming up is not figured in and the elimination using the current functions doesn't remove a lot of values.  I'd say on average about 20 to 30.  The program can take inputs of any 3 digit value though not just singles.  It can also do multiple values back to back (not simulatneously - but the result is the same).  I'll work up the program information so it can be usable if there are any questions.  Anyone interested I suppose let me know and I'll figure out a way to get it out there.  I've seen some people use a "dropbox" style web site that offers space to put files to be distributed.  I'll look into those.  Just let me know if its a worthwhile venture.   Best of luck to everyone.  If anyone is interested in the code for the algorithms let me know, I'll be happy to post the source code of the module I built (using VB2010 Express).  Note: the module only, not the entire source code.  :)  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.  I've spent a good 30 or 40 hours programming this though.  Hope someone can enjoy it.  :)

Good luck with your program! I hope that you use it yourself to play the lottery.

Pittsburgh, PA
                    United States
                    Member #130598
                    July 20, 2012
                    37 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

The program is finished.  I'm trying to find a way to release it now.  I'll let everyone know when the program is available and how to obtain it.  Thanx.  Good luck to all.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #66575
                      October 30, 2008
                      3549 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2012, 2:33 am - IP Logged

The program is finished.  I'm trying to find a way to release it now.  I'll let everyone know when the program is available and how to obtain it.  Thanx.  Good luck to all.

AlgorithmGuru asked that I post this stand alone program for use with method discussed in this thread.

He will be able to address any questions regarding using it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8NeGRdJIep1YXJVbDRFd1BlM2s

CG

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                        New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11116 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2012, 11:16 am - IP Logged

AlgorithmGuru asked that I post this stand alone program for use with method discussed in this thread.

He will be able to address any questions regarding using it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8NeGRdJIep1YXJVbDRFd1BlM2s

CG

Thanks to both of you.  However, I just tried the download and it says it doesn't exsist.

Thumbs Up

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #66575
                          October 30, 2008
                          3549 Posts
                          Posted: August 20, 2012, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks to both of you.  However, I just tried the download and it says it doesn't exsist.

Thumbs Up

Laker

Try ths one , I think I left part of the link off on previous post

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8NeGRdJIep1YXJVbDRFd1BlM2s/edit?pli=1

Pittsburgh, PA
                            United States
                            Member #130598
                            July 20, 2012
                            37 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2012, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

The last one is the correct address.  Thank you so much CarliG!  To everyone:  I coded it using VisualBasic 2010 express edition.  I only tested it on windows 7.  If you're running an older version of windows (say XP or vista) it should still work, but may not.  If you do decide to download it please read the help section FIRST (the big button at the bottom of the program).  The reason being I put a few disclaimers in there.  Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page.  The program is not designed to interfere with your computer in any way or alter/add/modify/delete any files or operation of your computer.  With all executables from an "unknown" source you should always run virus scan although I promise there is no malicious code in the program I built.  But doing "due diligence" with executable files should be the norm and not the exception.  If anyone experiences any bugs, problems or functionality/computational issues please let me know ASAP.  Let me know what you did to create the problem and what operating system you are using.  That way I can try and fix any problems.  Best of luck to everyone!  And let me know what you think of the program in general.  Special thanx to LKMIKE for allowing me to use his system in the code.  Anyone curious about how the system works should talk to him.  I'm just a coder :)  Problems with the code or functionality I'll be happy to answer.  It's a pretty straight forward program.  Have fun!  Cheers.

If it's not consistent, it's irrelevant :)

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                              New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #86099
                              January 29, 2010
                              11116 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2012, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

The last one is the correct address.  Thank you so much CarliG!  To everyone:  I coded it using VisualBasic 2010 express edition.  I only tested it on windows 7.  If you're running an older version of windows (say XP or vista) it should still work, but may not.  If you do decide to download it please read the help section FIRST (the big button at the bottom of the program).  The reason being I put a few disclaimers in there.  Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page.  The program is not designed to interfere with your computer in any way or alter/add/modify/delete any files or operation of your computer.  With all executables from an "unknown" source you should always run virus scan although I promise there is no malicious code in the program I built.  But doing "due diligence" with executable files should be the norm and not the exception.  If anyone experiences any bugs, problems or functionality/computational issues please let me know ASAP.  Let me know what you did to create the problem and what operating system you are using.  That way I can try and fix any problems.  Best of luck to everyone!  And let me know what you think of the program in general.  Special thanx to LKMIKE for allowing me to use his system in the code.  Anyone curious about how the system works should talk to him.  I'm just a coder :)  Problems with the code or functionality I'll be happy to answer.  It's a pretty straight forward program.  Have fun!  Cheers.

Thanks again to Carlig and Algorithmguru.

Neat program.  I run xp and I had to download netframework4 which was no big deal. I really like the math selections.  I've been using a lot of these on my different look thread.  Nice.  I have to try the feature with the entering of two draws back to back.  Keep up with the good work.

US Flag

How about them cowboys!

US Flag