Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much would you spend? [POLL]

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

If you won $29,925,000 from tonight's Powerball, what is the most you would spend on a mansion?

I wouldn't buy a new house [ 9 ]  [13.85%]
$100k-$500k [ 17 ]  [26.15%]
$501k-$1m [ 15 ]  [23.08%]
$1.1m-$3m [ 9 ]  [13.85%]
$3.1m-5m [ 6 ]  [9.23%]
More than $5m but less than $10m [ 4 ]  [6.15%]
Multiple houses under $1m-$2m [ 5 ]  [7.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 65 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2012, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Oh OK, so you show us a list of homes all under $20 mill?

The boat in our slip cost more than that.

What a bunch of cheap losers.

California?

Green laugh

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2012, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

ok... win tonight... after all tax burden and legal fees... im figurin' more like 24M$... but what do I know. 

Dream home.  well family would require our current 'family home' to be carefully redone 'and up-to-dated' (central a/c is what my dh keeps yelling from his 'man cave').  fortunately we have indoor plumbing, but updating it would be lovely (we live in a historic home... so there are plenty of 'rules and regs').

that alone - the historic society ok'd updating - done right would cost around 300k$.  then there will be the winter place in Hawaii (yeah before everyone yells at me, I know its not the hippest place - but I love it there).  and that winter place will probably set us back 1.6M$.

that should do it.... so within 2 heartbeats I have spent the better part of 10% of my net winnings.  not very frugal of me hmm?

Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2012, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

wow and reading ronnies normal posts... i am a cheap loser with my plans.  ok... coming from him?  i take that as a compliment. 

and lottonick? I just couldn't do Florida.  We went down there a couple years back and I just cannot cotton to the idea of having insects the size of my cat... FREAKED me out to see some of y'all's creepy-crawlers! my friends all laughed at me... i declined returning... but i have them up here to "casa de rhode island" each year instead (and they all love my cooking so it works nicely)

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
        Tampa, FL
        United States
        Member #121764
        January 16, 2012
        188 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

ok... win tonight... after all tax burden and legal fees... im figurin' more like 24M$... but what do I know. 

Dream home.  well family would require our current 'family home' to be carefully redone 'and up-to-dated' (central a/c is what my dh keeps yelling from his 'man cave').  fortunately we have indoor plumbing, but updating it would be lovely (we live in a historic home... so there are plenty of 'rules and regs').

that alone - the historic society ok'd updating - done right would cost around 300k$.  then there will be the winter place in Hawaii (yeah before everyone yells at me, I know its not the hippest place - but I love it there).  and that winter place will probably set us back 1.6M$.

that should do it.... so within 2 heartbeats I have spent the better part of 10% of my net winnings.  not very frugal of me hmm?

sure it is!  It's real estate...even if you had to sell it, you'll get most of it back anyway...or who knows, maybe the market recovers and you profit.

Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2012, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

sure it is!  It's real estate...even if you had to sell it, you'll get most of it back anyway...or who knows, maybe the market recovers and you profit.

sell?  profit?  nah... INHERIT... what I have my kids and g'kids will inherit.  but first I have to die... and since I have been assured that only the good die... I will live forever... at least long enough to humiliate ALL my g'kids at their high school sports events (I cheer REALLY loud just to 'please them')

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2012, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

sell?  profit?  nah... INHERIT... what I have my kids and g'kids will inherit.  but first I have to die... and since I have been assured that only the good die... I will live forever... at least long enough to humiliate ALL my g'kids at their high school sports events (I cheer REALLY loud just to 'please them')

May you live long and prosper Max!

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I have been.  I live in Tampa for most of the year.  I have been to Jupiter before, it's gorgeous...I fully understand. If I am ever so fortunate to win, I would be looking for a home in that area as well...or perhaps a little further south toward Pompano Beach/ Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Im only hooked on that area because of family there. Love boating our way into the inter coastal.

If I need to go cheaper, it will be near MJs house.

http://www.jeffrealty.com/blog/2010/11/exclusive-look-at-michael-jordans-new-jupiter-home/

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2012, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Im only hooked on that area because of family there. Love boating our way into the inter coastal.

If I need to go cheaper, it will be near MJs house.

http://www.jeffrealty.com/blog/2010/11/exclusive-look-at-michael-jordans-new-jupiter-home/

Didn't Burt Reynolds have a mansion out that way?   Cool     Think he went bankrupt and had to liquidate.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2012, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Didn't Burt Reynolds have a mansion out that way?   Cool     Think he went bankrupt and had to liquidate.

Yeah, the price was down to $5 mill back in Jan. Not sure what happened.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/burt-reynolds-drops-price-for-hobe-sound-valhalla-/nL3ZY/

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3850 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2012, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Picked would'nt buy a house,

but there are some things this house needs, its 8 years old,

hardwood floors, new carpet, new countertops.

all things that are going to be done anyway, but now could be done right away.

thought about a man cave but we are only using half the house as it is.

Even so I would buy some investment property.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Mcminnville, Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #3013
                      December 13, 2003
                      3046 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2012, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Well I want a new car with my winnings. Preferrably a Cadillac.  I have always wanted a Cadillac since I was young I like those cars.-weshar75

Lavender Rocket

United States
                        Member #124616
                        March 16, 2012
                        2642 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2012, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Well I want a new car with my winnings. Preferrably a Cadillac.  I have always wanted a Cadillac since I was young I like those cars.-weshar75

weshar - which caddie would you choose?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          Mcminnville, Oregon
                          United States
                          Member #3013
                          December 13, 2003
                          3046 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

weshar - which caddie would you choose?

My mother likes the crossover Cadillac in red.  I don't know what it is called but it is nice.-weshar75

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

What are those abandoned Air Force missle silos up in the Dakotas going for?

Anyone know if there's any left?

That or always thought it would be neat to live in a lighthouse.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: June 24, 2012, 2:19 am - IP Logged

id prob lease, if someone comes on my land and gets injured , they will sue me,. bertter leave those troubles to the LANDLORD,  and i may get bored and want to move and dont see having money tied to a place i dont live  in as a good use.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297