Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What kind of car would you get?

Topic closed. 425 replies. Last post 4 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 24 of 29
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Once we start getting nicer weather.  Sun Smiley

Ok, your right. Better stick with climate controlled on these cold winter days.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

A cry baby should drive THIS, and quit crying about gas.

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Ok, your right. Better stick with climate controlled on these cold winter days.

Smart move Ronnie! That should do the trick quite nicely. Looks like it would make a great lawn mower as well.  Thumbs Up

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2012, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Absolute brilliance in design features. Notice the passenger cabin has the ability to move side to side for getting close to those trees and shrubs.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2012, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Its more like 400 some odd thousand in my state after taxes..So after paying offf the mortgage, I'd buy an 2013 nissan altima and a ford F-150 platinum

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2012, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Its more like 400 some odd thousand in my state after taxes..So after paying offf the mortgage, I'd buy an 2013 nissan altima and a ford F-150 platinum

Excellent choice billionaire2bee, Nissan is one of the finest automobiles on the planet.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2012, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Only next to one of the most understated cars in the universe.

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2012, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

That car is a beautiful and timeless piece of Americana. Please post it often as a reminder of what we are all missing out on till we hit the lottery and get one of our own.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2012, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

That car is a beautiful and timeless piece of Americana. Please post it often as a reminder of what we are all missing out on till we hit the lottery and get one of our own.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11982 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2012, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Excellent choice billionaire2bee, Nissan is one of the finest automobiles on the planet.

Can you explain why Nissan vehicles are some of the finest automobiles on the planet?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11982 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Only next to one of the most understated cars in the universe.

Ugliest car I have ever seen on the planet.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2012, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Ugliest car I have ever seen on the planet.

Many have that initial reaction THRIFTY.  However the classic Ford Pinto will never take your criticism personally.

This boldly understated vehicle was far ahead of it's time, broke all molds, and gave all of it's rivals a serious run for their money.

Only when you've have had the opportunity to personally test drive this magnificent specimen of a true American made legend, can you truly

appreciate its flawless performance, the silkiness of the effortless gear shifting, and the commanding presence of it's awe inspiring power plant.

On behalf of the Pinto and myself, I would like to sincerely thank you for the "Ugliest car I have ever seen on the planet" comment.

This only goes to prove, that you are just at the earliest stage of appreciation. And much like a fine wine, you will soon be singing praises of it's rich

velvety nuances, and superb responses to your highly refined tastes.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Many have that initial reaction THRIFTY.  However the classic Ford Pinto will never take your criticism personally.

This boldly understated vehicle was far ahead of it's time, broke all molds, and gave all of it's rivals a serious run for their money.

Only when you've have had the opportunity to personally test drive this magnificent specimen of a true American made legend, can you truly

appreciate its flawless performance, the silkiness of the effortless gear shifting, and the commanding presence of it's awe inspiring power plant.

On behalf of the Pinto and myself, I would like to sincerely thank you for the "Ugliest car I have ever seen on the planet" comment.

This only goes to prove, that you are just at the earliest stage of appreciation. And much like a fine wine, you will soon be singing praises of it's rich

velvety nuances, and superb responses to your highly refined tastes.

MC56,

I was in auto sales back in the 70s,

chevrolet, cadillac, pontiac,

w/chevy they had the vega, the pinto's competition,

after the word got out that the 140 c.u. engine was a POS,

we were instructed to tell ppl. the new 2.3 litre engine was much better.

The thing is 2.3 litres = 140 c.u.

you're still talking like a salesman.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2012, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

MC56,

I was in auto sales back in the 70s,

chevrolet, cadillac, pontiac,

w/chevy they had the vega, the pinto's competition,

after the word got out that the 140 c.u. engine was a POS,

we were instructed to tell ppl. the new 2.3 litre engine was much better.

The thing is 2.3 litres = 140 c.u.

you're still talking like a salesman.

So you actually bore witness to the legendary evolution of one of the finest automobiles ever made. I truly envy you haymaker!

The engine size, the bad mouthing of competitors, rival envy........ all just meaningless details now.

It's hard to not speak fondly of such a class act haymaker. Once you've truly fell in love with one of Detroit's best kept secrets, that's it.

Your hooked for life. And that superb orange color scheme, just seals the deal!

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2012, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

So you actually bore witness to the legendary evolution of one of the finest automobiles ever made. I truly envy you haymaker!

The engine size, the bad mouthing of competitors, rival envy........ all just meaningless details now.

It's hard to not speak fondly of such a class act haymaker. Once you've truly fell in love with one of Detroit's best kept secrets, that's it.

Your hooked for life. And that superb orange color scheme, just seals the deal!

All of America is behind you on THIS one. In fact THIS could be the catalyst that propels us all into a new state of PRIDE and enthusiasm for our country that the Pinto made great.

OH, and thanks for the rapid fire posting. I felt it was endless cream dream seeing them flicker past as I scrolled down the page........ What a treat, Thanks again.

Page 24 of 29