Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What kind of car would you get?

Topic closed. 425 replies. Last post 4 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 7 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
891 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2012, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

I am not sure what brand of car that I would buy.. I currently have a pontiac sunfire and definitely want another vehicle..

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2012, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the StarStarStarStarStar's Ronnie!!!

grwurston's avatar - 144
      Let's Go Rangers!!!
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      5108 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Ok, gr. NOW, Im thinking that I have to have one of these. And its all your fault. lol. lol. You are correct in that it only takes $1500 here, and $2000 there until it adds up.

Finance anything less than $20k and payments are around $300. per month.

A person could quit smoking, and get a new Mustang. Huh? 2

Really?Light Bulb

I quit smoking 26 years ago and I don't have one.  No Nod   If I quit the Pick3 I could get one.  No Nod

If I had kept my winnings the last few years...  Yes Nod   Now if I keep playing the Pick 3... Party

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Inland Empire
        United States
        Member #118116
        October 22, 2011
        322 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2012, 12:43 am - IP Logged

It was the "Hmph" that made me certain.

Uh, no. I'd need $600 millions to ride THAT Sienna. I meant the SUV, not the VD carrier. ;D

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2012, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the StarStarStarStarStar's Ronnie!!!

Glad to assist mc. All your threads are awesome audaciousness.   

You Are The ManYou Are The ManYou Are The ManYou Are The ManYou Are The Man

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2012, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Uh, no. I'd need $600 millions to ride THAT Sienna. I meant the SUV, not the VD carrier. ;D

Shy Whistler OOPS, well I like the SUV too.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2012, 4:27 am - IP Logged

Glad to assist mc. All your threads are awesome audaciousness.   

You Are The ManYou Are The ManYou Are The ManYou Are The ManYou Are The Man

Your too kind.   Cheers

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2012, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Your too kind.   Cheers

Show us your ride mc. Surley your not "waiting on the Lottery" to get some wheels?

Antique 1

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2012, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Show us your ride mc. Surley your not "waiting on the Lottery" to get some wheels?

Antique 1

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2012, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Antique 1

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Very nice mc, functional yet elegant.

Your neighborhood reminds me of growing up in Ohio.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2012, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Very nice mc, functional yet elegant.

Your neighborhood reminds me of growing up in Ohio.

Thanks Ronnie. In the end, it gets you from point  A to point  B. My previous Mercedes was much larger (GL 550), downsized to save fuel and

lease payments. This littler guy is the ML350, still great performance, luxury and utility, just at a much nicer payment.  Yes Nod

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2012, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Ronnie. In the end, it gets you from point  A to point  B. My previous Mercedes was much larger (GL 550), downsized to save fuel and

lease payments. This littler guy is the ML350, still great performance, luxury and utility, just at a much nicer payment.  Yes Nod

Awsesomedillyfantasmic, I just googed "cheapest car on earth" and there were 10 but the coveted prize goes to this GEM as preferred mode of transportation in India.

This car is well thought out, and lots of patents have resulted from the creation process -- from the Nano's powertrain to the assembly process itself. Will this car ruin the world? Some voices say that more cars on the roads imply more pollution, which is hard to argue against.Tata Nano: 4-door hatchback. India. $2,497.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2012, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Awsesomedillyfantasmic, I just googed "cheapest car on earth" and there were 10 but the coveted prize goes to this GEM as preferred mode of transportation in India.

This car is well thought out, and lots of patents have resulted from the creation process -- from the Nano's powertrain to the assembly process itself. Will this car ruin the world? Some voices say that more cars on the roads imply more pollution, which is hard to argue against.Tata Nano: 4-door hatchback. India. $2,497.

Wow! I would seriously consider getting of of these, as a backup for my longer commutes and errands. $2,497 hmmm.....as a former car salesman,

could probably negotiate that down another $200-300.  Although at that rock bottom price, I'm sure there is very little margin for discounts.

Let's also throw in some free extended maintenance and oil changes, no money out of pocket, and free fuel for the first month.  Smash

Now we have a deal!, let's do the paper work and get this thing delivered and out the door today!  Banana

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2012, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Wow! I would seriously consider getting of of these, as a backup for my longer commutes and errands. $2,497 hmmm.....as a former car salesman,

could probably negotiate that down another $200-300.  Although at that rock bottom price, I'm sure there is very little margin for discounts.

Let's also throw in some free extended maintenance and oil changes, no money out of pocket, and free fuel for the first month.  Smash

Now we have a deal!, let's do the paper work and get this thing delivered and out the door today!  Banana

Thanks for the insightful negotiating statagys mc,

In light of shipping cost for the "gem" to cross pond, I googed "cheapest car in the US"

1. Nissan Versa 1.6 S: $11,750 (including destination charge)

You might be surprised to learn that the lowest-priced new car in America is not some ancient, long-ago-paid-for design, but rather an all-new-for-2012 model. Meet the Nissan Versa, which offers as much interior space as a mid-size sedan plus Nissan's legendary reliability and longevity, all for half the price of a base-model Toyota Camry. Cheap as it is, the Versa is far from stripped-down -- it comes with air conditioning and a CD stereo as standard equipment. There is a bit of a catch: An automatic transmission will cost you $1,770, about twice the going rate. But even so equipped, you can't beat the Versa for affordable, reliable family transportation. A fitting car to take the #1 spot on this list.

Page 7 of 29