Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What kind of car would you get?

Topic closed. 425 replies. Last post 4 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 8 of 29
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2012, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the insightful negotiating statagys mc,

In light of shipping cost for the "gem" to cross pond, I googed "cheapest car in the US"

1. Nissan Versa 1.6 S: $11,750 (including destination charge)

You might be surprised to learn that the lowest-priced new car in America is not some ancient, long-ago-paid-for design, but rather an all-new-for-2012 model. Meet the Nissan Versa, which offers as much interior space as a mid-size sedan plus Nissan's legendary reliability and longevity, all for half the price of a base-model Toyota Camry. Cheap as it is, the Versa is far from stripped-down -- it comes with air conditioning and a CD stereo as standard equipment. There is a bit of a catch: An automatic transmission will cost you $1,770, about twice the going rate. But even so equipped, you can't beat the Versa for affordable, reliable family transportation. A fitting car to take the #1 spot on this list.

Seems like a great deal. I would just keep the stick, screw the A/T for $1770!!! I would  "reinvest" that $1770 into getting QP's for Pick 4, MM,

PB, MegaMillions+, Hot Lotto, Mass Cash, Megabucks Doubler and Lucky For Life.   Naughty

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4784 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2012, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Let's say you win 1million, which is prob 600k after taxes... What kind of car would you get?  I'd either get a 2-4yr old Porsche 911 cabrio or a 370Z Roadster.  Gonna pick up my tickets later today for tomorrow and Wed's drawing=)

I would buy a tiny smart car (I have seen a rose colored one around here) and hire clowns and see how many of them could fit into it and still drive it. Then, I would have them go up and down Pennsylvania Avenue and then pull up to various bus stops.The first person that joined their ride, would get $1000 from mel

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2012, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I would buy a tiny smart car (I have seen a rose colored one around here) and hire clowns and see how many of them could fit into it and still drive it. Then, I would have them go up and down Pennsylvania Avenue and then pull up to various bus stops.The first person that joined their ride, would get $1000 from mel

Do you mean like THIS one??

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4784 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2012, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

OMG  Where did you find that??? That is the one I pictured.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2012, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

OMG  Where did you find that??? That is the one I pictured.

Rolly 1 LOL. I couldn't resist and googed "smart car full of clowns" amazing right?

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4784 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2012, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Rolly 1 LOL. I couldn't resist and googed "smart car full of clowns" amazing right?

And I thought I made that up...so much for my being original....better keep my day job...lol

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

And I thought I made that up...so much for my being original....better keep my day job...lol

lol. Ya, me too. No limit to the amount of info here. I have sat here and completed NY times crossword puzzles that are totally impossible to do. lol. lol.

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

lol. Ya, me too. No limit to the amount of info here. I have sat here and completed NY times crossword puzzles that are totally impossible to do. lol. lol.

I googled "All The Information In The World", and the results would contain several thousand "petabytes" of information.

1 petabyte is approx. the equivalent of 20 million, four drawer filing cabinets of information. That would be enough to fill all 102 floors of the Empire

State building with wall to wall filing cabinets.   Type

It is estimated that there is currently not enough storage space, of all existing storage media, to contain all  past and present information on all

subjects of human history, events, books, languages, and technical data.  Eek

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4784 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2012, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I googled "All The Information In The World", and the results would contain several thousand "petabytes" of information.

1 petabyte is approx. the equivalent of 20 million, four drawer filing cabinets of information. That would be enough to fill all 102 floors of the Empire

State building with wall to wall filing cabinets.   Type

It is estimated that there is currently not enough storage space, of all existing storage media, to contain all  past and present information on all

subjects of human history, events, books, languages, and technical data.  Eek

I remember when I bought my first home pc in 1996 (I even kept the ad from Best Buy). It had 24 MB of memory! I deal with single photos that are that large now.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2012, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I remember when I bought my first home pc in 1996 (I even kept the ad from Best Buy). It had 24 MB of memory! I deal with single photos that are that large now.

Just imagine in another 20 years how much that will grow. A storage device the size of a postage stamp, may be able to hold all records of

the Library of Congress. The very earliest IBM computers had storage mediums that occupied an entire office floor. Your 1996 computer probably

exceeded that capacity and then some!

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2012, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Just imagine in another 20 years how much that will grow. A storage device the size of a postage stamp, may be able to hold all records of

the Library of Congress. The very earliest IBM computers had storage mediums that occupied an entire office floor. Your 1996 computer probably

exceeded that capacity and then some!

I recently bought a 3TB external hard drive for photos and they used 3/100th's of the space on the new drive. 

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2012, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I was just out to a house that had a 35' Chevy pick-up sitting in the driveway. It was backed in and had a brown bear head mounted in the drivers seat looking out with a very unhappy look on his face. Next time I'm in the area I will get a photo. 

South Dakota
                          United States
                          Member #24149
                          October 19, 2005
                          23 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2012, 3:58 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't mind having a Creepo van for the hell of it just to get a rise out of people and to have fun.

an old windowless van where the side door moves slowly or whatever. You dont see old creepo vans like that anymore lol

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2012, 5:50 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't mind having a Creepo van for the hell of it just to get a rise out of people and to have fun.

an old windowless van where the side door moves slowly or whatever. You dont see old creepo vans like that anymore lol

Creepy dude, real Creepy.   Bat

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                              Member #52345
                              May 21, 2007
                              2657 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2012, 7:10 am - IP Logged

Roll Eyes the other wannabe pedo-bear

Page 8 of 29