Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

An almost 8 million lottery winner

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130656
July 21, 2012
14 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2012, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I made one of the most stupid mistakes that I cannot get over.  I wanted to share my story with other lottery players.

I had just lost my job in April.  I always  remember reading in the news how some lottery winners may have just lost their job, about to be evicted or in really dire straights.  I kept this mind.  I said to my self that would be wonderful if that happened to me.  So I started playing different lottery games, scratch offs, etc.  And they day I decided not to play my ship came in.  On May 2, 2012 I went in the store to buy a lotto ticket.  Because I did not have my regular playing card I asked for a $2 quick quick.  I put the ticket in my envelop with the rest of my tickets.  Lo and behold because I chose not go home and get my regular playing card, the numbers I always play came out.  The numbers were 2 6 26 41 47 55.  All I can do is talk about what I would do with my winnings.  I look at this way:  out of all the lottery players in New York, I had all the correct numbers.   Hey, it could happen again.  But I don't think so

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19716 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2012, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I made one of the most stupid mistakes that I cannot get over.  I wanted to share my story with other lottery players.

I had just lost my job in April.  I always  remember reading in the news how some lottery winners may have just lost their job, about to be evicted or in really dire straights.  I kept this mind.  I said to my self that would be wonderful if that happened to me.  So I started playing different lottery games, scratch offs, etc.  And they day I decided not to play my ship came in.  On May 2, 2012 I went in the store to buy a lotto ticket.  Because I did not have my regular playing card I asked for a $2 quick quick.  I put the ticket in my envelop with the rest of my tickets.  Lo and behold because I chose not go home and get my regular playing card, the numbers I always play came out.  The numbers were 2 6 26 41 47 55.  All I can do is talk about what I would do with my winnings.  I look at this way:  out of all the lottery players in New York, I had all the correct numbers.   Hey, it could happen again.  But I don't think so

hello gamaea,   See Ya! 

No No don't be so hard on yourself Think positive you will get them next time.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/236944

Let it Snow Snowman

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

This happens more often than you think. The thing is, if you did drive home to get your playslip and played those numbers, you probably wouldn't have won. It's part of the butterfly effect within chaos theory. I know it's hard to imagine, but had you played those numbers, you wouldn't have won $8M.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Bran77's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
        808/253
        United States
        Member #129752
        June 27, 2012
        2515 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2012, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! with helpmewin,

The thing with the lotto is that you can NEVER know when your numbers may fall. Yes it is very fustraiting when you see that you would've won the Jackpot etc etc but with positive thinking it may happen again!! Karma works in mysterious ways some times. I've done that twice while playing Mega but never the Jackpot. Keep your head up Gamaea you never know you just might be the next POWERBALL winner!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

wow thats a tough one, its a night marei try and avoid. i do it by not looking atgame results i  didnt get to buy a ticket in , hard i know but ifeel your pain

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
            Member #130656
            July 21, 2012
            14 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2012, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

hello gamaea,   See Ya! 

No No don't be so hard on yourself Think positive you will get them next time.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/236944

Thanks.

I now play the winning lotto numbers that I didn't win in Power ball, Sweet million, mega, Pick10

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
              Columbus, Ohio
              United States
              Member #128906
              June 5, 2012
              591 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2012, 12:43 am - IP Logged

that's one of my fears since I started playing... tough break man

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19813 Posts
                Posted: July 22, 2012, 12:45 am - IP Logged

If you have a regular set of numbers that you always play then you should know them as well as you know your social security number just in case, but don't feel bad it's happened before.

If you search the LP archives you'll find several similar stories.  It's not all bad, since combinations seldom repeat you can be fairly sure it will never happen again if you keep those numbers as your regular numbers.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #130656
                  July 21, 2012
                  14 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2012, 1:55 am - IP Logged

If you have a regular set of numbers that you always play then you should know them as well as you know your social security number just in case, but don't feel bad it's happened before.

If you search the LP archives you'll find several similar stories.  It's not all bad, since combinations seldom repeat you can be fairly sure it will never happen again if you keep those numbers as your regular numbers.  Good luck.

I am so glad I decided to post what happened to me.   Although it would have changed my life.    Nqw I play those same set of numbers in Power ball, mega, sweet million and pick 10. Maybe lightening will strike again in one of those games. I hope I win before my gambling money runs out.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                    Lavender Rocket

United States
                    Member #124616
                    March 16, 2012
                    2642 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2012, 2:19 am - IP Logged

ouch.  wow.  You have a great attitude.  Hang in there and welcome to LotteryPost!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2012, 8:00 am - IP Logged

I got on the forum today seeing the results for the last two draws gave me 2+0 on both draws with my multi-draw ticket, missing any kind of payout by just one digit each time, then I saw this. Sorry to hear.

And two things, as someone said, and easy to say in hindsight, you should make sure you have your numbers memorized. I haven't played the regulars I used to have in some time but I can spit them out without thinking. The other thing, good to have a positive outlook and not beating yourself up. In this world where strange things can happen, I'd like to think in some weird way had you not played the tickets the numbers would have been different (again, as someone else said).

Since I stopped playing my numbers (I know simply do QP multidraws, usually buying for the week on Sunday) I've dreaded looking at results and seeing my numbers. So far I haven't lost any money by switching to QPs... though I also haven't gained any.

United States
                        Member #130656
                        July 21, 2012
                        14 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2012, 8:26 am - IP Logged

To everyone that offered their support --  I really appreciate it.  I should have posted earlier.  anyway thanks for the good wishes and welcome.  I Hyperthink I will hare more on this topic regularly.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                          Columbus, Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #128906
                          June 5, 2012
                          591 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2012, 10:05 am - IP Logged

What game were you playing?

United States
                            Member #130656
                            July 21, 2012
                            14 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2012, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

What game were you playing?

Hi,

I was playing Lotto.  But now I play those same numbers for Powerball, Pick 10  and Mega.  To me, they have a nice syntax --- so I hope they will repeat in those games.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19813 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2012, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

I am so glad I decided to post what happened to me.   Although it would have changed my life.    Nqw I play those same set of numbers in Power ball, mega, sweet million and pick 10. Maybe lightening will strike again in one of those games. I hope I win before my gambling money runs out.

A UK member who posts in the lottery system forum was trying to prove lighting strikes more than once by combining all the major lottery results into one data file to see if any combination had ever come up more than once.  I occasionally look over there to see if has posted any follow ups but so far he hasn't.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking