Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

An almost 8 million lottery winner

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
Columbus, Ohio
United States
Member #128906
June 5, 2012
591 Posts
Posted: July 22, 2012, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I was playing Lotto.  But now I play those same numbers for Powerball, Pick 10  and Mega.  To me, they have a nice syntax --- so I hope they will repeat in those games.

Nice, I never played classic... my Mom does but not consistent.  I really wish you the best

United States
    Member #130656
    July 21, 2012
    14 Posts
    Posted: July 22, 2012, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

that's one of my fears since I started playing... tough break man

The lesson I learned is to stay consistent and listen to the inner you.  Listen to your instincts and stay consistent.  Prior to May 2, I was getting all kinds of good omens to play the lottery.  I followed them but the one I didn't follow was not to deviate from my playing style which was to play the same card until   .........

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: July 22, 2012, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Check multi-draw or get a subscription so you don't miss out again.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2012, 2:47 am - IP Logged

a game here is a 7/45 draw or 1in 45 mill odds .  the game just went off at $12M and reset to start of $2M  last week . this week its $5M and im having a  hard time briging myself to buy a ticket just yet. n after your story, what will i feel worse over losing $1 ,or missing out on $5M?

im off to store today and buying the $1.20 ticket

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
          Member #111714
          May 31, 2011
          104 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2012, 4:54 am - IP Logged

A UK member who posts in the lottery system forum was trying to prove lighting strikes more than once by combining all the major lottery results into one data file to see if any combination had ever come up more than once.  I occasionally look over there to see if has posted any follow ups but so far he hasn't.

Read story number 6 on this link http://www.oddee.com/item_95629.aspx

That one woman wins the lottery twice with the same number from a dream.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2012, 8:39 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP gamaea; stay positive & keep the faith your time will comeThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
              Member #130656
              July 21, 2012
              14 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2012, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I don't think I will play the same numbers.  I think I read somewhere that it could 1,556 years for a set of numbers to come out.  The odds are not great.  I am debating whether to pick a new set a numbers and play until....... or play a different numbers for every drawing.

United States
                Member #130656
                July 21, 2012
                14 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2012, 8:59 am - IP Logged

In fact I read that story and all the others too.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2012, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I don't think I will play the same numbers.  I think I read somewhere that it could 1,556 years for a set of numbers to come out.  The odds are not great.  I am debating whether to pick a new set a numbers and play until....... or play a different numbers for every drawing.

Although if you were patient, and continued playing your same numbers for 1,556 years (for 2 plays/week x 52 weeks x 1,556 years = $161,824),

and you were to win $8 million this time around, you'd still be ahead by $7,838,136.  Wink

That is provided both you and the game are still around in 1,556 years.   Roll Eyes   Just keep taking your vitamins and watch your diet, you should be fine!

dannyboyhouston's avatar - lottery scratch_off_light_shirt-p235645499971128473gyb4_400.jpg
                    houston texas
                    United States
                    Member #130267
                    July 10, 2012
                    6300 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2012, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I to have been in that situation. Knowing a number is coming up, but being hesitant to play it. But like the individual said about the butterfly effect, is true also. When I know a specific number should come up, and when it does, it is always one number off. Go figure. My sugestion is, play your numbers multiple draws. This will cover you if you forget your slips.

Happy playing.

Danny.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2012, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Although if you were patient, and continued playing your same numbers for 1,556 years (for 2 plays/week x 52 weeks x 1,556 years = $161,824),

and you were to win $8 million this time around, you'd still be ahead by $7,838,136.  Wink

That is provided both you and the game are still around in 1,556 years.   Roll Eyes   Just keep taking your vitamins and watch your diet, you should be fine!

Good point mc but even his math is bad as a repeat can be expected in more like 30,000 years from now. Also he mentioned that he is playing PB so the cost will be double and his cost will be around $1,200,000. after 30,000 years of playing 2 lines.

Perhaps we need a new law that prohibits people without a job from playing the lottery?

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2012, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I to have been in that situation. Knowing a number is coming up, but being hesitant to play it. But like the individual said about the butterfly effect, is true also. When I know a specific number should come up, and when it does, it is always one number off. Go figure. My sugestion is, play your numbers multiple draws. This will cover you if you forget your slips.

Happy playing.

Danny.

Good point dan, I awlays play muliple draws

Its never a good idea to check unplayed slips to see if you are a loser.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2012, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Good point mc but even his math is bad as a repeat can be expected in more like 30,000 years from now. Also he mentioned that he is playing PB so the cost will be double and his cost will be around $1,200,000. after 30,000 years of playing 2 lines.

Perhaps we need a new law that prohibits people without a job from playing the lottery?

My ignorance, wasn't paying attention, assumed this was a "state" game. That being said however, how is it that he almost won just $8 million. What?

With the newly revamped PB, with a starting jackpot of $40 million, I'm not understanding the math here?  Roll Eyes

Anyhow let me re-calculate the cost factor then for 30,000 years. Two lines a week x 52 weeks x 30,000 years = $12,480,000. This would not be a

profitable scenario if he were to win only $8 million, however if this really was was PB he was referring to, then it would be because of the minimum

$40 million jackpot.

Yeah we do need a mandatory law that prohibits people playing without a job, the law should be referred to as "Common Sense".   LOL

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Santa Ana
                            United States
                            Member #71159
                            February 20, 2009
                            651 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2012, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I made one of the most stupid mistakes that I cannot get over.  I wanted to share my story with other lottery players.

I had just lost my job in April.  I always  remember reading in the news how some lottery winners may have just lost their job, about to be evicted or in really dire straights.  I kept this mind.  I said to my self that would be wonderful if that happened to me.  So I started playing different lottery games, scratch offs, etc.  And they day I decided not to play my ship came in.  On May 2, 2012 I went in the store to buy a lotto ticket.  Because I did not have my regular playing card I asked for a $2 quick quick.  I put the ticket in my envelop with the rest of my tickets.  Lo and behold because I chose not go home and get my regular playing card, the numbers I always play came out.  The numbers were 2 6 26 41 47 55.  All I can do is talk about what I would do with my winnings.  I look at this way:  out of all the lottery players in New York, I had all the correct numbers.   Hey, it could happen again.  But I don't think so

I am so sorry to hear that you missed playing your chosen numbers that dayUnhappy. This is lottery karma at its worst and only if you had bought $1.00 QP and $1.00 on the numbers you normally play, your life would have changed in an instant.  That is why I always, always play my chosen numbers no matter what!!  However, it could happen again with another set of numbers so don't give up--GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ON PLAYING AND BELIEVING IN THE LOTTERY DREAM!!Wink

One who loses today, wins big tomorrow!!Dance

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2012, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I am so sorry to hear that you missed playing your chosen numbers that dayUnhappy. This is lottery karma at its worst and only if you had bought $1.00 QP and $1.00 on the numbers you normally play, your life would have changed in an instant.  That is why I always, always play my chosen numbers no matter what!!  However, it could happen again with another set of numbers so don't give up--GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ON PLAYING AND BELIEVING IN THE LOTTERY DREAM!!Wink

One who loses today, wins big tomorrow!!Dance

I am so sorry to hear that you missed playing your chosen numbers that dayUnhappy.

His story is sad but it's his own darn fault. 

The players I fell sorry for are the ones that made it to the terminals, played their numbers, paid their money and missed winning the jackpot by one number.  That happened to me back in 2002 with Ohio's Super Lotto Plus and I ended up paying taxes on $1500 instead of collecting a $11M jackpot and feeling I had my chance and blew it.   The same thing is happening to hundreds of other players every year.

Feel sorry for those PB players who paid $2 for a PB ticket and miss winning the jackpot by one number when they match 5+0 and end up just getting $1M instead of a life changing jackpotDisapprove.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking