Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did I possibly got scammed by storeclerk?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23275 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2012, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

PA rules state that amounts of $600 or more in pay out, the original ticket must be scanned , paperwork filed and the ORIGINAL CLAIMED Ticket must remain with the Authorized Lottery retailer for mailing in. So no, tickets must be authenticated, and therefore are not kept by the claimant. Imagine keeping your jackpot powerball ticket after claiming it! It just doesnt work that way...It must be turned over for authenticating. 

to the OP, curious why you are speculating oneway or the other, the reality is...its unknown and will stay that way. Keep your eyes moving forward , good fortune will catch up with you :)

I want to also respond to your Powerball comment.

I think you are 100% backwards on this, and I'm finding it hard to believe nobody else has mentioned this.  I can't imagine anyone leaving their jackpot-winning ticket with the lottery agent, with the hope that they will mail it in.  If you truly believe this is the right approach, I think you need to know that it is absolutely the WRONG approach!!

Any time a ticket is scanned as a big winner, do not put your trust in a lottery retailer, send it in yourself, or else take the ticket in person to lottery HQ (or a regional claim center).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2012, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

I want to also respond to your Powerball comment.

I think you are 100% backwards on this, and I'm finding it hard to believe nobody else has mentioned this.  I can't imagine anyone leaving their jackpot-winning ticket with the lottery agent, with the hope that they will mail it in.  If you truly believe this is the right approach, I think you need to know that it is absolutely the WRONG approach!!

Any time a ticket is scanned as a big winner, do not put your trust in a lottery retailer, send it in yourself, or else take the ticket in person to lottery HQ (or a regional claim center).

Personally I would never mail a ticket. While I can't remember ever having a letter lost in the mail, would I want to take that chance with a really big winner? I would just make the 3 hour drive to Austin and not have to sweat whether the ticket made it or not.

And I would never under any circumstances leave a winning ticket with a retailer to "mail" for me. Todd, I read that too, and I just shook my head and said "ok, whatever". LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2012, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Personally I would never mail a ticket. While I can't remember ever having a letter lost in the mail, would I want to take that chance with a really big winner? I would just make the 3 hour drive to Austin and not have to sweat whether the ticket made it or not.

And I would never under any circumstances leave a winning ticket with a retailer to "mail" for me. Todd, I read that too, and I just shook my head and said "ok, whatever". LOL.

I Agree!  You'd have to be a very trusting dufus to mail anything of that importance.   Jester

Half these mail carriers are crooked,   Evil Looking   the other half are ticking time bombs, waiting to blow away their co-workers with AK-47's.  Let It All Out

United States
        Member #112507
        June 21, 2011
        10 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2012, 9:54 am - IP Logged

The clerk was pretty non-chalant and he was like you won$10 with a pretty straight face.

do you remember the date? you can check when it was set and check the possible winner

Albuquerque
          United States
          Member #128941
          June 5, 2012
          19 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2012, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the barcode was printed badly and the message was cannot process see clerk.

Artemis's avatar - Alice
            New England
            United States
            Member #100508
            November 13, 2010
            96 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2012, 1:41 am - IP Logged

I often have the scanner read "SEE CLERK" when I scan my keno tickets, while my MM and PB scan perfectly fine.

Maybe it was just the game, or a bad barcode, etc. 

The point is, there is nothing you can do about it now, so instead of worrying, put your energy toward winning big in the future!  :)

Good luck!

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2012, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I often have the scanner read "SEE CLERK" when I scan my keno tickets, while my MM and PB scan perfectly fine.

Maybe it was just the game, or a bad barcode, etc. 

The point is, there is nothing you can do about it now, so instead of worrying, put your energy toward winning big in the future!  :)

Good luck!

Good advice Artemis! The past is the past, water under the bridge. The best wins lay ahead of us, not behind.  Yes Nod

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2012, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I feel pretty <snip>ty right now!! <snip>!!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

That's "<snippy>" not "<snip>ty"! Type

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11983 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2012, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

For some reason this is killing me. Several years back I just started to play super lotto and I scanned my ticket on a lotto scanner and it said congratulations see clerk. I don't recall checking the ticket numbers and gave it to the clerk and he scanned it and said I won $10 or $11 dollars I don't remember exactly. Just wondering if he possibly ripped me off, like i might have gotten more money and he just decided to swap the ticket. Don't know why but i Keep thinking about it. For some reason I keep thinking I won several thousand or even a jackpot.-Jeff in SF

It seems like you got ripped off.You should move forward and learn from your mistake. How about playing the lottery for 20 years and not winning a second prize or the jackpot. That could be you in 20 years from today. Good luck.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!