Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

100 Most Stupid things Ever Said Or Done By A Lottery Clerk!!

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2012, 11:50 am - IP Logged

We all have our stories of how clerks have insulted us, made snide remarks, treated us with disrespect, ripped us off, etc, etc.........

What are some of your favorite stories or incidents of how you were treated?

On the flip side, maybe some of you have some warm, fuzzy stories of compassion, about how nicely you were treated?

Please don't hold back, the clerks didn't.    Cussing Face    Jester Laugh

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2012, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Clerk says: "Am I part of the pool now??"

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2012, 11:57 am - IP Logged

I once had a clerk ask me If I really expected to win anything.

I thought carefully to myself for a few moments, than looked him straight in the eyes and said....oh I'm sorry, I thought i was buying postage stamps.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2012, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Bought two scratch-offs and two powerball tickets..paid with my debit card and started to leave when I looked down at my reciept I saw that he only charged e for the powerball tickets. LOL the manager is a friend of mine and I just pointed out the mistake and paid for the tickets..Later my friend the manager told me I saved that kids job, because that was his 3rd biggest screw-up in two days...I replied I didnt do it for him I did it cause it was really the right thing to do..I mean I had already planned to buy the tickets so it wasnt like I lost any money...btw I lost on the scratch-offs anyways LOL

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2012, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Bought two scratch-offs and two powerball tickets..paid with my debit card and started to leave when I looked down at my reciept I saw that he only charged e for the powerball tickets. LOL the manager is a friend of mine and I just pointed out the mistake and paid for the tickets..Later my friend the manager told me I saved that kids job, because that was his 3rd biggest screw-up in two days...I replied I didnt do it for him I did it cause it was really the right thing to do..I mean I had already planned to buy the tickets so it wasnt like I lost any money...btw I lost on the scratch-offs anyways LOL

Nice story b2b!

Sounds like that new kid owes you a big one. May lots of good karma come back to you for your honesty.   Blue Angel

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
            North Carolina
            United States
            Member #59855
            March 29, 2008
            31549 Posts
            Posted: August 29, 2012, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I had a clerk tell me after I had stood in line like everybody else that she couldn't wait on me since I'm buying pick 3 lottery tickets as she had a long line & I thought well what am I, not a customer?

Needless to say I was so mad after I finally got waited on (after she & another clerk got the line down some) that I called the headquarters & e-mailed them when I got home & told them I thought that was very rude to keep me waiting longer just because I was buying lottery tickets as I had already waited for my turn.

Later on the manager of the store called me and apologized and said it wouldn't ever happen again & it hasn't.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2012, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I had a clerk tell me after I had stood in line like everybody else that she couldn't wait on me since I'm buying pick 3 lottery tickets as she had a long line & I thought well what am I, not a customer?

Needless to say I was so mad after I finally got waited on (after she & another clerk got the line down some) that I called the headquarters & e-mailed them when I got home & told them I thought that was very rude to keep me waiting longer just because I was buying lottery tickets as I had already waited for my turn.

Later on the manager of the store called me and apologized and said it wouldn't ever happen again & it hasn't.

Justice prevails!  Smash

Very wise of you to complain Vergie, else they would not have been aware of this rude and unfair behavior.

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I cashed in a $500 pick three ticket at a store that was new to me.

She very quickly plopped a pile of twenty dollar bills in front of me, and proceeded to wait on the next customer.

I grew suspicious that they were never counted back to me, like the banks or other retailers do.

Before she had  a chance to wait on the next person, I motioned her to come over to please count the twenty's back to me.

She grudgingly agreed. When finished counting there was only $420. I was very upset, and never returned to that store again.    Mad

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  British Columbia
                  Canada
                  Member #116101
                  September 4, 2011
                  4033 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2012, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Clerk says " how much do I get If you win ? "

Thinking of...

Hit With Stick    Boxing   Chair

"You have to be in it to win it!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

WTG on getting the MGR. attn.

myself I likley would have left and never returned.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Thinking of...

Isn't it customary to tip the clerk 15%   What?

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                        Pittsburg, Ks
                        United States
                        Member #3382
                        January 17, 2004
                        80951 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Thinking of...

The clerks at the store I go to haven't said anything like the above quote. They ask politely, "What can I do for you? I tell the ones that ask that question, "Make my numbers win." They did on the 4th of August won $80 with the double 404.

God Bless America

US Flag

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

The clerks at the store I go to haven't said anything like the above quote. They ask politely, "What can I do for you? I tell the ones that ask that question, "Make my numbers win." They did on the 4th of August won $80 with the double 404.

I'll have to remember that one Wheeler. Congrat's on the $80!   Party

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #92330
                            June 5, 2010
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I cashed in a $500 pick three ticket at a store that was new to me.

She very quickly plopped a pile of twenty dollar bills in front of me, and proceeded to wait on the next customer.

I grew suspicious that they were never counted back to me, like the banks or other retailers do.

Before she had  a chance to wait on the next person, I motioned her to come over to please count the twenty's back to me.

She grudgingly agreed. When finished counting there was only $420. I was very upset, and never returned to that store again.    Mad

The places I go won't usually pay out anything over $20. If I bring in a $40 scratcher winner I usually end up buying $20 worth of lotto in order to get paid. I make sure it's something I want, usually it's $10 for my 10 MM draws and then $10 worth of scratchers. I don't win $20+ often,  nor do I play scratchers often, so this isn't an issue but once every few months.

I really don't have problems with clerks saying anything or acting differently. I go to a Mobil gas station and it's usually a male manager in his late 30s and is the nicest clerk I've ever had. His attitude makes me not want to go anywhere else. When I do though it's the other end of the spectrum in terms of attitude. It's a corner market and the owner (I presume, it's a late 20's Indian guy every single time) has the same look every time he sees me and I just get a negative vibe. I still go there though because he never says anything, it's on my way to most places and also because that may just be his personality.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                              Winning makes me smile.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4878 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2012, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I buy most of my tickets at the corner 7-11 which is family owned and operated. There are plenty of times I will walk in just

before the cutoff time and they will run my play slips through the machine even if there are other customers there. And I have

never had any trouble cashing winners. Just tonight, I went to pay for my tickets when I realized I left my wallet at home.  It

was not a problem going home to get it and coming back.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.