Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto (6/49) at $16.6M/$8.3M cash

Topic closed. 219 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19826 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2012, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Ditto! Wink

It's a week later and the jackpot is now $19.4M/$9.7M.  Ohio is advertising OCL as having the best odds for winning a big jackpot.  I haven't checked the other jackpots around the country so I'm taking their words for it and playing again tonight.

RJOhOhioClassic Lotto4 of 612-14-18-24-33-4004-12-14-20-33-40$100

Didn't win the jackpot but things are looking better.  The above is from the prediction result page.  Actually Ohio only pays $70 for a 4of6.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
    Athens
    Greece
    Member #133234
    September 24, 2012
    188 Posts
    Posted: October 14, 2012, 9:34 am - IP Logged

If you would like to backtest a system of 24 nrs with only 18-24 tickets let me know which numbers you'd like to wheel. I'll copy & paste the results here.

6/49 dis(assembly)

United States
      Member #115803
      August 28, 2011
      127 Posts
      Posted: October 14, 2012, 10:01 am - IP Logged

I play at least one line every drawing on Classic Lotto.  (Have to be in to win, right?)

However, I like the Rolling Cash 5 better.  At least it pays out more when you only match a few numbers.  I hit for $10 at least once a week.  Not a lot of money, but at least it's something to keep playing on.

Last year, when the Classic Lotto jackpot was really high, I played it regularly & didn't get very far.  Won $70 twice, and a handful of $2 prizes.

Tonight's Rolling Cash 5 jackpot is $330,000, so I'm definitely getting tickets for that.  Already have my Classic Lotto ticket for tomorrow.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: October 14, 2012, 10:40 am - IP Logged

If you would like to backtest a system of 24 nrs with only 18-24 tickets let me know which numbers you'd like to wheel. I'll copy & paste the results here.

What?  Thanks for the offer but I don't understand how wheeling numbers would backtest a system.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2012, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I play at least one line every drawing on Classic Lotto.  (Have to be in to win, right?)

However, I like the Rolling Cash 5 better.  At least it pays out more when you only match a few numbers.  I hit for $10 at least once a week.  Not a lot of money, but at least it's something to keep playing on.

Last year, when the Classic Lotto jackpot was really high, I played it regularly & didn't get very far.  Won $70 twice, and a handful of $2 prizes.

Tonight's Rolling Cash 5 jackpot is $330,000, so I'm definitely getting tickets for that.  Already have my Classic Lotto ticket for tomorrow.

I plan on playing 10 lines of RC5 too tonight, didn't get around to playing it the last time it was over $300K

Evil Looking       

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
            Athens
            Greece
            Member #133234
            September 24, 2012
            188 Posts
            Posted: October 14, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

03 - 05 - 07 - 08 - 11 -12 - 14 - 16 - 17 - 20 - 21 - 23 -25 - 26 - 29 - 30 - 32 -34 - 35 - 38 - 39 - 41 - 43 - 48

24 random numbers, for example.

Wheeling the above 24 numbers - and considering the first number which is "3" as our key number - we have 3 rows of 12 numbers which are...

01=03,07,11,14,17,21,25,29,32,35,39,43

02=03,05,11,12,17,20,25,26,32,34,39,41

03=03,07,08,14,16,21,23,29,30,35,38,43,48

If the 6 winning numbers are within our 24 numbers and the first number is "3" = 100% success for 4/6. Each row of 12 numbers can be also wheeled but you get the idea.

Perhaps earlier I didn't expressed myself correctly.

Just an example; not a suggestion of which numbers to play or anything else.

All The Best.

6/49 dis(assembly)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: October 14, 2012, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I understand wheeling, I've even got a copy of CoverMaster.  I just can't see how wheeling some numbers would back test a system.

I never cared for wheeling because for more than 15 number it's over kill to match 2 or 3 numbers which usually pays nothing and for less than 15 you just make up a few combinations using them you'll likely have everything covered.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: October 14, 2012, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I learned something tonight I didn't know.  When I went to post my RC5 predictions on the prediction board at 6:00 pm, it was close because those drawing happens at 7:00 which I thought happened at 6:30 pm.   Sure enough I checked the Ohio website and it said the same thing.  Since they show the results at the same time as Pick3/4/5 , I thought the drawings were at the same time too.

Live and learn.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19826 Posts
                  Posted: October 14, 2012, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Nobody won RC5 tonight so it's $383K tomorrow.  I'll be giving OCL another try since I only won $1 for 20 lines on RC5 tonight.

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #115803
                    August 28, 2011
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: October 15, 2012, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Yeah, they changed the RC5 drawing time when the Pick 5 was added.  Now the live nightly televised drawings are the Pick 3/4/5, with the RC5 and OCL earlier.

I had to get used to that, because I was used to being able to run out at the last minute if I wanted another RC5 ticket.

$383K tonight...that would be a nice chunk of change, even after taxes.

I'll play both games tonight, but probably more RC5.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: October 17, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Now that MegaMillions jackpot is $12.0M/$9.0M and Classic Lotto is $19.7/$9.9M, OCL should give MM some serious competition for the next couple of drawings especially with 12x better odds of winning an equal size jackpot.  Good luck if you're playing.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19826 Posts
                        Posted: October 19, 2012, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

My 4of6 win last Saturday was in spite of my system.  I think I discovered a flaw which I corrected so I'm expecting equal or better results for this Saturday drawing.  Good luck if you're playing too.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: October 21, 2012, 10:06 am - IP Logged

My 4of6 win last Saturday was in spite of my system.  I think I discovered a flaw which I corrected so I'm expecting equal or better results for this Saturday drawing.  Good luck if you're playing too.

As witnessed on the prediction board, my system failed.  I only had one of the winning numbers in 10 lines which included 28 numbers.  The jackpot grew to $20M/$10M cash so I'm in again this Monday.  Good luck if you're playing.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19826 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2012, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

As witnessed on the prediction board, my system failed.  I only had one of the winning numbers in 10 lines which included 28 numbers.  The jackpot grew to $20M/$10M cash so I'm in again this Monday.  Good luck if you're playing.

I played last Monday and didn't do any better.  Played PB the rest of the week and got a 3+0 Saturday.  Getting an itch to try OCL again.  Monday seems to becoming my day to play OCL.  Good luck to anyone else who's doing the same.

Evil Looking       

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                              Monte Carlo
                              France
                              Member #55589
                              October 9, 2007
                              1181 Posts
                              Posted: November 1, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I played last Monday and didn't do any better.  Played PB the rest of the week and got a 3+0 Saturday.  Getting an itch to try OCL again.  Monday seems to becoming my day to play OCL.  Good luck to anyone else who's doing the same.

Why not secoure 17 Numbers that got all 6 winning numbers first than a large pool pf 28 numbers?If you wish only 10 lines results a surprising resut.

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

Page 2 of 15