Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto (6/49) at $16.6M/$8.3M cash

Topic closed. 219 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 13 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Both have 30 payouts but PB's amount is based on the price of an annunity that will payout the jackpot amount over 29 years while Ohio just has a rule that the cash value of its jackpot is half, period.

Ohio probably prefer its jackpot winners take the cash 'cause it takes more than half the jackpot amount to fund an annuity that would pay out that amount in 30 years.

If I ever win I might fool them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

For tonight's drawing Ohio Classic Lotto(6/49) jackpot is at $50.6M/$25.3M cash and the Rolling Cash5(5/39) is at $509K so I don't know which one to play.  Maybe I'll just play them both, it's not often that RC5 goes over a half million dollars.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I didn't come up my picks for tonight drawing in time to post them on the prediction board so if I win the jackpot tonight, I'll have mixed feelings because it won't effect my prediction board average.

Evil Looking       

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
        Happyland
        United States
        Member #146344
        September 1, 2013
        1129 Posts
        Posted: November 9, 2013, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I think it's the same as other lotteries where the annuity is funded based on cash amount. And since payments 2-30 are equal and not graduated, they can invest at a constant rate. $25.55 million invested at 3.333...% for 30 years gives the full $51.1 million.

I would play both. Wish I lived closer to Ohio, I would be all over those games Big Smile

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19830 Posts
          Posted: November 10, 2013, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I think it's the same as other lotteries where the annuity is funded based on cash amount. And since payments 2-30 are equal and not graduated, they can invest at a constant rate. $25.55 million invested at 3.333...% for 30 years gives the full $51.1 million.

I would play both. Wish I lived closer to Ohio, I would be all over those games Big Smile

True, but since the winner taking the annuity gets ~1.7M anually the whole $25.5M isn't invested for the whole thirty years.

Ohio is not the only state with a jackpot that size with those kinds of odds, there's probably a state within driving distance of you with something similar.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Ohio's Classic Lotto jackpot continues to roll and now it's $53.3M/$23.6M cash. 

I was sure it would have been won by now by an increased assult of local players but the payout sizes suggest it has a fixed market of interested players.  I guess it will depend on one of them getting lucky rather than an increased number of players for it to be won.

Evil Looking       

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
              East of Columbus, OH
              United States
              Member #120843
              December 28, 2011
              451 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2013, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Ohio's Classic Lotto jackpot continues to roll and now it's $53.3M/$23.6M cash. 

I was sure it would have been won by now by an increased assult of local players but the payout sizes suggest it has a fixed market of interested players.  I guess it will depend on one of them getting lucky rather than an increased number of players for it to be won.

Yea, last time it got near this large, the JP went up in larger increments.  I'm hoping for an extra special Christmas present this year!

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2013, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Yea, last time it got near this large, the JP went up in larger increments.  I'm hoping for an extra special Christmas present this year!

I don't look for the jackpot to get larger any faster than it's doing now.  Probably everyone who would be interested in playing at any amount is already buying tickets.  I'm feeling lucky so I might buy a couple of extra tickets tonight even though in the past feeling lucky just made me lose more.

Evil Looking       

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120843
                  December 28, 2011
                  451 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2013, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

- even though in the past feeling lucky just made me lose more.

I hear you!  Just about everytime I feel like I might have picked the right numbers, I'm usually the farthest off.

You're probably right about anyone interested is probably already playing.  The good thing is that the MM and PB are higher which keeps some light off the OCL.  But with it over $50m, how long before more get interested.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

- even though in the past feeling lucky just made me lose more.

I hear you!  Just about everytime I feel like I might have picked the right numbers, I'm usually the farthest off.

You're probably right about anyone interested is probably already playing.  The good thing is that the MM and PB are higher which keeps some light off the OCL.  But with it over $50m, how long before more get interested.

Feeling lucky cost me an extra ten bucks last night, this Saturday I'll just be playing my regular amount.

Evil Looking       

Columbus, OH
                      United States
                      Member #96391
                      August 28, 2010
                      86 Posts
                      Posted: December 9, 2013, 1:10 am - IP Logged

I truly believe I will win the Ohio Classic Lotto Jackpot. Everyone does or hopes they win but this is a true gut feeling. It is just a matter of when I play it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19830 Posts
                        Posted: December 14, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Last night I played the ten MM lines I posted on the prediction board and won $2.  I will cash in that MM ticket and play ten Classic Lotto lines this evening and hope I do at least as well.  Winning something, even a dollar or two makes me feel more like a winner than when I win nothing.

Coming within one number of winning the Classic Lotto jackpot back in February got me hooked on OCL with its present jackpot of $54.4M/$27.2M cash and I can't avoid buying a few MM tickets with its half billion dollars plus jackpot.  Winning part of either one would be nice.

Good luck to all the dreamers out there including myself. Wink

Evil Looking       

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
                          Sunny California
                          United States
                          Member #63790
                          August 8, 2008
                          220 Posts
                          Posted: December 14, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully your dream came true tonight RJOH. Mine didn't and the Super Lotto rolled to $50 million.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: December 15, 2013, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully your dream came true tonight RJOH. Mine didn't and the Super Lotto rolled to $50 million.

It did not, I went to play a half hour before cut-off time and found out all the lottery terminals in town were down.  I would have matched 3 for $2 so I saved $8, I'll just spend that $10 on MM tickets later. Disapprove

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2013, 9:05 am - IP Logged

It did not, I went to play a half hour before cut-off time and found out all the lottery terminals in town were down.  I would have matched 3 for $2 so I saved $8, I'll just spend that $10 on MM tickets later. Disapprove

Just heard on the radio that a new jackpot record could be set with tomorow's MM drawing which MUSL plans to announce later today when they issue an update so instead of playing OCL today, I'm just going to put that money on some extra MM tickets.

Evil Looking       

Page 13 of 15