Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto (6/49) at $16.6M/$8.3M cash

Topic closed. 219 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: November 9, 2012, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Why not secoure 17 Numbers that got all 6 winning numbers first than a large pool pf 28 numbers?If you wish only 10 lines results a surprising resut.

For the same reasons I haven't tried to pick 6  numbers with all six winning numbers, the bigger the pool the more likely it has all six winning numbers.  I'm working on some strategies to reduce the number pool size and still have all the winning numbers a good percent of the time.

Now that RC5 is $404K, I may give it a try.  It being a daily game does give me much time to evaluate it 2821 previous drawing before picking some lines to play.

Good luck to anyone trying to win the Classic Lotto, somebody going to win it sooner or later.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2012, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I understand wheeling, I've even got a copy of CoverMaster.  I just can't see how wheeling some numbers would back test a system.

I never cared for wheeling because for more than 15 number it's over kill to match 2 or 3 numbers which usually pays nothing and for less than 15 you just make up a few combinations using them you'll likely have everything covered.

I never cared for wheeling because for more than 15 number it's over kill to match 2 or 3 numbers which usually pays nothing and for less than 15 you just make up a few combinations using them you'll likely have everything covered.

I Agree!Patriot

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2012, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Why not secoure 17 Numbers that got all 6 winning numbers first than a large pool pf 28 numbers?If you wish only 10 lines results a surprising resut.

Thinking of...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: November 12, 2012, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Today Classic Lotto will have to take a back seat to Rolling Cash5(5/39) which has a jackpot of $640K.  It's not often you have a chance to play for a jackpot that's worth more than the cost of all its possible combinations.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2012, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Today Classic Lotto will have to take a back seat to Rolling Cash5(5/39) which has a jackpot of $640K.  It's not often you have a chance to play for a jackpot that's worth more than the cost of all its possible combinations.

MegaMillions may have to take a back seat to RC5 also as it continues to roll to a $720K jackpot.  Someone could buy all the combinations and still clear almost $175K if they were the only winner.

Evil Looking       

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            Monte Carlo
            France
            Member #55589
            October 9, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: November 12, 2012, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Patriot

I am specially good at dealing 15 numbers to 20 tickets with possible best outcome.

so I PREFER to use 18 numbers or even less.

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              Whiskey Island
              United States
              Member #90216
              April 24, 2010
              12727 Posts
              Posted: November 12, 2012, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Will Post New Line/Lines ( Set/Sets ) Tonight for game !!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2012, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

MegaMillions may have to take a back seat to RC5 also as it continues to roll to a $720K jackpot.  Someone could buy all the combinations and still clear almost $175K if they were the only winner.

PowerBall may have to take a back seat to RC5 also as it continues to roll to a $840K jackpot.  Someone could buy all the combinations and still clear almost $300K if they were the only winner.

Evil Looking       

Whiskey Island
                  United States
                  Member #90216
                  April 24, 2010
                  12727 Posts
                  Posted: November 13, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Next 6 Draws : 

11 - 25 - 27 - 29 - 40 - 41

United States
                    Member #115803
                    August 28, 2011
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: November 14, 2012, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

PowerBall may have to take a back seat to RC5 also as it continues to roll to a $840K jackpot.  Someone could buy all the combinations and still clear almost $300K if they were the only winner.

The payout would only be $579,600 though, after mandatory withholding.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to get a check for $579,600!  But it's not clearing $300K above the 575K number combinations.

You also run the risk of having to split the jackpot.  With so many tickets being sold, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one winner.  Have you seen how the per drawing payouts have increased as the jackpot grew?  Definitely a lot of tickets being sold!

Is this a record for the jackpot?  I don't ever recall seeing it get that high since I've been paying attention.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2012, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to get a check for $579,600!  But it's not clearing $300K above the 575K number combinations.

You also run the risk of having to split the jackpot.  With so many tickets being sold, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one winner.  Have you seen how the per drawing payouts have increased as the jackpot grew?  Definitely a lot of tickets being sold!

Is this a record for the jackpot?  I don't ever recall seeing it get that high since I've been paying attention.

I was assuming a winner would be deducting the cost of his tickets when he filed his taxes probably getting a refund since he would only be paying taxes on his profits.

If the $840K wasn't a record jackpot then the new amount of $963K probably is.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #115803
                        August 28, 2011
                        127 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Good point.  It probably would still be risky, if there were multiple winners and a split jackpot.  If I had $575K available to buy tickets, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking that risk!

I would agree that the $963K must be a record.  Think it will go tonight?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2012, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Good point.  It probably would still be risky, if there were multiple winners and a split jackpot.  If I had $575K available to buy tickets, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking that risk!

I would agree that the $963K must be a record.  Think it will go tonight?

$575 isn't a risk I would take either but then I wouldn't have risked $300K playing that Massachusetts Windfall game before it ended as that Michigan couple was doing either and making a profit.  $20-$30 is the limit for my risk taking.

I'm playing 20 lines and hoping I do better than a match2 or 3 as I've done in the last 4 drawings.  I hope someone wins it even if it's not me so I can get back to picking 10 lines for PowerBall this week end.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2012, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

$575 isn't a risk I would take either but then I wouldn't have risked $300K playing that Massachusetts Windfall game before it ended as that Michigan couple was doing either and making a profit.  $20-$30 is the limit for my risk taking.

I'm playing 20 lines and hoping I do better than a match2 or 3 as I've done in the last 4 drawings.  I hope someone wins it even if it's not me so I can get back to picking 10 lines for PowerBall this week end.

Now that RC5 has reset to its normal jackpot range of $100K-$200K, Classic Lotto with its $20M jackpot can claim once again the best odds of winning a Lot'O money on Monday night.

Evil Looking       

Whiskey Island
                              United States
                              Member #90216
                              April 24, 2010
                              12727 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Next 4 Draws :

4 - 13 - 24 - 27 - 35 - 41

4 - 24 - 27 - 35 - 39 - 41

4 - 27 - 35 - 39 - 41 - 45