Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Have No Problem Saying No!!

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2012, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Why do we as lottery winners or soon to be winners need protection from the public and media when we win?? Please if and when I am finally a big jackpot winner...PLEASE publish my name...cause anyone I don't talk to on a regular basis need not start talking to me when I win....I don't care if they call me... heck I don't answer the phone now if i don't know the number anyways... So they're not gonna bother me and I don't need or want anonimity....If you don't know me then.. hey just cause I got money dosen't mean you need to get to know me.....I don't care if I hurt your feeling ...if you want money start with the foutune 500 richest list work your way down if everyone on that list says no to you then and only then can you come to me....and you know what I'll say then....NO!!!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2012, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I haven't understood what you wrote there. If you have a problem with the word no, then just say yes. Off you go!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Why do we as lottery winners or soon to be winners need protection from the public and media when we win?? Please if and when I am finally a big jackpot winner...PLEASE publish my name...cause anyone I don't talk to on a regular basis need not start talking to me when I win....I don't care if they call me... heck I don't answer the phone now if i don't know the number anyways... So they're not gonna bother me and I don't need or want anonimity....If you don't know me then.. hey just cause I got money dosen't mean you need to get to know me.....I don't care if I hurt your feeling ...if you want money start with the foutune 500 richest list work your way down if everyone on that list says no to you then and only then can you come to me....and you know what I'll say then....NO!!!

We know you don't really mean that.

We're all friends here.

So let us know when you win, dude.

Or just me, if you prefer.

Have you seen the new Bentley?

Awesome.

I want 3 of those, dude.

We should hang out!

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

The title of this thread caught my eye. I said to myself, i've seen this before. ROFL

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/251144/2719312

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2012, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

The title of this thread caught my eye. I said to myself, i've seen this before. ROFL

Plagiarism!

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2012, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

In fairness onlymoney, the common phrase "I have no problem saying no", is hardly something you can have a trademark or patent on.

There are hundreds of thousands of everyday phrases that people use daily, but no one is entitled to tell another that they cannot

say or write that phrase without your permission.

Now a whole body of writings such as a song, poem, book novel, movie script, etc would be a whole different animal. Now if someone

is using your written and copyrighted work without your permission, particularly for profit, that would be plagiarism.

I understand where your coming from however, and no malice is meant toward you.  Cheers

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2012, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

In fairness onlymoney, the common phrase "I have no problem saying no", is hardly something you can have a trademark or patent on.

There are hundreds of thousands of everyday phrases that people use daily, but no one is entitled to tell another that they cannot

say or write that phrase without your permission.

Now a whole body of writings such as a song, poem, book novel, movie script, etc would be a whole different animal. Now if someone

is using your written and copyrighted work without your permission, particularly for profit, that would be plagiarism.

I understand where your coming from however, and no malice is meant toward you.  Cheers

I'm calling my lawyers as we speak. Green laugh

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                Member #133462
                September 30, 2012
                5946 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2012, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Saying no isn't the issue for me. It's the constant hounding by desparate financially strapped distant relatives and strangers causing my blood pressure to shoot through the roof as I struggle to complete my lecture series in No, Hell No and Take No or a backhand slap

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2012, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Excellent! They are the only ones who ever really make any money after all.  Wink

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                    Member #133462
                    September 30, 2012
                    5946 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2012, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

If those HAPPY MEALS have a case, you do!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: September 30, 2012, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Original Bey it not just saying no....it's saying they can ask me but they'll never get a dime from me so they can go ahead and try and flag me down and ask me for some money if they actually get me face to face I'll tell them no...no need to get stressed out heck turn it into a game..I'll show you...here's an example......one of our fellow lottery post members asked me for a bentley when I win....my answer..........NO!!!!!

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: September 30, 2012, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

You seen this before??? Yeah I did too and that's why I elaborated on it...Yup nothing propriety there....or here for that matter

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10351 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2012, 12:57 am - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

At least one financial planner suggests jackpot winners need to buy a Kidnap & Ransom policy.

As much as we like to think we could easily say no, there are other things to consider.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                            nc
                            United States
                            Member #99520
                            October 26, 2010
                            375 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2012, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

The father son team that won a few years back, here in NC,  had to move into a hotel to avoid being hounded.  It's easy to say that we will just say no, but the constant wearing down and harrassment  will take it's toll.   People will hound you until the end.   Take the West Virginia winner, even the news keeps up with him even though he lost his granddaughter and his money.

It's great to be able to think that you can live a life of peace.   Good luck to you.   If you win, I hope you do find that life of peace.

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2012, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

And Zinnaiagirl I'm telling you that I don't care how much you TRY and hound me...it will not get to me....it will not get to me.....if some of the biggest creditors couldn't get to me to get thier money in the timely manner they wanted to, cause I wasn't working....I AM TELLING YOU....No Tom Dick or distant freaking cousin could get a cent out of me....and as for that Kidnap policy..... please insurance companies don't like to pay for legitimate claims i.e.  Katrina victims, cancer patients who are supposedly fully insured, and less not forget the first responders from around the country who drove flew or walked to the world trade center to lend a hand to only be told anfter they became sick that they were not on the city's payroll so they're not NYC's problem...Yeah let me run and get that kidnap policy.....So I'm telling anyone that may question if I can say No....I'm telling you that YES I CAN!!!!!!