Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Have No Problem Saying No!!

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2012, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

NO, is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.........

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4784 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

We know you don't really mean that.

We're all friends here.

So let us know when you win, dude.

Or just me, if you prefer.

Have you seen the new Bentley?

Awesome.

I want 3 of those, dude.

We should hang out!

Now Ridge, Billionaire2bee promised to share his winnings with me and my 8 hungry children and to harvest my crops in the field...after he buys me a new combine.  I would be glad to sign any agreement with him to split the money.  We will have late night conversations and discuss Voltaire, Hugo and why the little flower was so vain in "Le Petit Prince."  What a life we will have!

J'aime La France.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2012, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

If your gonna say NO, you better make this your first purchase. You don't want to make LP's news section.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2012, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm gonna say no to that as well redstang....if i die the money will go to the state and the poor person who shoots me gets NOthing....unless it's a politician behind the trigger LOL

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Im going to say, YES to everyone who asks me as long as their not a drug addict or alcoholic.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2012, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

In fairness onlymoney, the common phrase "I have no problem saying no", is hardly something you can have a trademark or patent on.

There are hundreds of thousands of everyday phrases that people use daily, but no one is entitled to tell another that they cannot

say or write that phrase without your permission.

Now a whole body of writings such as a song, poem, book novel, movie script, etc would be a whole different animal. Now if someone

is using your written and copyrighted work without your permission, particularly for profit, that would be plagiarism.

I understand where your coming from however, and no malice is meant toward you.  Cheers

Is that like the phrase "I won the lottery"?  I hear a lot of lottery players saying that even when they have only won a dollar.  Even though there's no trademark or patent on it, it should be limited to people who won a lottery jackpot or at least its second prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
              Member #133462
              September 30, 2012
              5946 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2012, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Im going to say, YES to everyone who asks me as long as their not a drug addict or alcoholic.

Everyone?

I can see you saying YES in those instances where your team evaulates their varying circumstances to meet urgent needs and not buying dozens of sports cars and luxury homes.

Or saying YES and not backing it up the C notes.

Im sure you have some sound logical thinking behind this or I am at the end of a clever joke - lol

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                Member #133462
                September 30, 2012
                5946 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2012, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Is that like the phrase "I won the lottery"?  I hear a lot of lottery players saying that even when they have only won a dollar.  Even though there's no trademark or patent on it, it should be limited to people who won a lottery jackpot or at least its second prize.

Yeah RJOH. I remember an instance where an LP member said he won the POWERBALL....literally not 5+1 just the 1 - lol

"Everything works  ONCE!"

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3047 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2012, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Yeah RJOH. I remember an instance where an LP member said he won the POWERBALL....literally not 5+1 just the 1 - lol

Now that is funny I don't care who you are!!!!!!!!-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: October 2, 2012, 12:05 am - IP Logged

What about people who ingest excess fat intake, sugar intake, and develop diabetes, heart disease, and a whole slew of other health problems?

How about people texting while driving causing accidents?

I believe those above reasons are among many others that should be added to the list. Wink

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2012, 6:49 am - IP Logged

Sure let em' say it RJ.  Cussing Face

There's an old saying among recovering alcoholics, "fake it to you make it". If it makes a player feel good to shout out to the world that they

won the lottery, more power to them. Consider it a dress rehearsal for the real thing.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2012, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Yep that was me. I'm still recovering from that exciting moment.

Can't wait to win my next Powerball.      Banana

East of Columbus, OH
                          United States
                          Member #120843
                          December 28, 2011
                          447 Posts
                          Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Why do we as lottery winners or soon to be winners need protection from the public and media when we win?? Please if and when I am finally a big jackpot winner...PLEASE publish my name...cause anyone I don't talk to on a regular basis need not start talking to me when I win....I don't care if they call me... heck I don't answer the phone now if i don't know the number anyways... So they're not gonna bother me and I don't need or want anonimity....If you don't know me then.. hey just cause I got money dosen't mean you need to get to know me.....I don't care if I hurt your feeling ...if you want money start with the foutune 500 richest list work your way down if everyone on that list says no to you then and only then can you come to me....and you know what I'll say then....NO!!!

It's not just the saying no, it's when they show up at your house because all of your personal info is not public.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19817 Posts
                            Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Sure let em' say it RJ.  Cussing Face

There's an old saying among recovering alcoholics, "fake it to you make it". If it makes a player feel good to shout out to the world that they

won the lottery, more power to them. Consider it a dress rehearsal for the real thing.

The problem is old recovering lottery losers may never win a jackpot and often don't before going to their graves leaving their confused heirs looking for the money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: October 2, 2012, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

The problem is old recovering lottery losers may never win a jackpot and often don't before going to their graves leaving their confused heirs looking for the money.

Really, confused heirs scrambling around like rats, looking for their entitlement money?

In my mind that would be an extra bonus, and frosting on the cake!!! Let em' look until they go to their graves.   Jester Laugh   Dead