Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing every ticket from a machine.

Topic closed. 106 replies. Last post 4 years ago by BreakingBad94.

Page 7 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3157 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2013, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Nice going. All those bingos/crosswords would put me to sleep. Waiting to do a 4 state bonanza if i can.

NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2013, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I tried this vending machine challenge in MA today. Spent 168 and got $71 back..I hit 2 $20s and a few tens.

Not bad. Better then zero. When i played there it was in great barrington.

Hollywood, fl
      United States
      Member #140096
      March 10, 2013
      376 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2013, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I wanna try this one day, anyone in Fl have good results with this method

Jim777's avatar - e13dc2c8 9163-4600-9f1d-a2456b1f5cab_zpsmbkn

United States
        Member #95537
        August 12, 2010
        54 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Going to buy 1 each of every ticket from the vending machine and see what happens. Curious to see what it pays.

$20 experiment

I tried it today on a smaller scale. Instead of buying every ticket, I selected a few I liked, bought 2 or 3 of the $2 and $1 tickets, spent $20 won $24... 

here are my photos of my small scale experiment... If you ask me, this buying method obviously works, buying a few of several tickets instead of buying 10 or so from the same roll. 

Winners

United States
          Member #95537
          August 12, 2010
          54 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2013, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Wow thats awesome.  Heres our new machine. You can buy PB,MM,NY Take 5, NY Lotto. Plus play your playslips and scan tickets. Need to scan some crosswords and will post round 3 tommorrow.

Our vending machines here in North Carolina look almost exactly like this, very modern and gleaming with bright colors... I love buying from vending machines because I don't have to get in any conversation with a cashier when I buy. I also avoid the acquard looks when I spend $60-$100 on scratch offs.

The tickets are sold in reverse, from the highest number to the lowest number so if you catch a freshly loaded machine, you can purchase the last tickets in a roll and I've found they are often loaded with winners...

Hollywood, fl
            United States
            Member #140096
            March 10, 2013
            376 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2013, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

The machines in FL are the same too, there all made by the same company. Although in Fl whenever i scan a lotto ticket it says it is not readable so i dont know if the scanning feature even works

NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3157 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2013, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Our vending machines here in North Carolina look almost exactly like this, very modern and gleaming with bright colors... I love buying from vending machines because I don't have to get in any conversation with a cashier when I buy. I also avoid the acquard looks when I spend $60-$100 on scratch offs.

The tickets are sold in reverse, from the highest number to the lowest number so if you catch a freshly loaded machine, you can purchase the last tickets in a roll and I've found they are often loaded with winners...

If you go back a little, the pictures i posted on Dec 26, are from jacksonville,nc. My license would'nt work on your machines, so a store worker pressed a remote on her key chain and it deactivated the machine. Pretty neat.                                             

Some of our new machines will scan and give you credits from winning tickets. No need in seeing the clerk.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2013, 9:43 am - IP Logged

$20 experiment

I tried it today on a smaller scale. Instead of buying every ticket, I selected a few I liked, bought 2 or 3 of the $2 and $1 tickets, spent $20 won $24... 

here are my photos of my small scale experiment... If you ask me, this buying method obviously works, buying a few of several tickets instead of buying 10 or so from the same roll. 

Winners

Anytime you come out ahead with scratch tickets is a good day!

But what you did is what would be called "standard play" which is just buying a few tickets each of the few games you like to play. It is similar to what I do and others as well most of the time, but it is not taking the vending machine challenge.

The challenge involves some significant risk, buying 1 and only 1 ticket from every bin of a machine, forcing you to play even games you don't like and would never play. It makes no sense, it is not a strategy, just something to try. Strangely, it can sometimes work out well. Try it once, what have you got to loose? (besides everything...)

United States
                  Member #95537
                  August 12, 2010
                  54 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2013, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Anytime you come out ahead with scratch tickets is a good day!

But what you did is what would be called "standard play" which is just buying a few tickets each of the few games you like to play. It is similar to what I do and others as well most of the time, but it is not taking the vending machine challenge.

The challenge involves some significant risk, buying 1 and only 1 ticket from every bin of a machine, forcing you to play even games you don't like and would never play. It makes no sense, it is not a strategy, just something to try. Strangely, it can sometimes work out well. Try it once, what have you got to loose? (besides everything...)

Right on... Just though I would contribute... I KNEW someone would get upset that I posted photos of a small win.... The point is, this method works. Buying various tickets randomly pays out More than buying a series of tickets from the same roll... This is a very controversial topic with scratch offs. Many people strongly believe that you get more winners buying a series of tickets from the same roll of tickets. This challenge proves that you win more buying random tickets than buying a series of tickets from the same roll.

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2013, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Right on... Just though I would contribute... I KNEW someone would get upset that I posted photos of a small win.... The point is, this method works. Buying various tickets randomly pays out More than buying a series of tickets from the same roll... This is a very controversial topic with scratch offs. Many people strongly believe that you get more winners buying a series of tickets from the same roll of tickets. This challenge proves that you win more buying random tickets than buying a series of tickets from the same roll.

Whoa Jim...relax! Nobody's upset here, except maybe you? I was just politely telling you that you didn't do the vending machine challenge properly, which is the subject of this particular thread.

You are more than welcome to post your scratch results. In fact, there is the longest running thread on this entire site just for that purpose called Post your scratch ticket results And I've never seen ANYBODY on the site comment disparagingly about someone's posted small wins. A win is a win!

But I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with these statements:

"Buying various tickets randomly pays out More than buying a series of tickets from the same roll..."

That's a pretty bold assertion, where is the evidence one way or the other? I don't believe this has been settled. Although it is common for people to come on the lottery site and proclaim that their method is better and everyone else's sucks, that does not make it true.

"This is a very controversial topic with scratch offs. Many people strongly believe that you get more winners buying a series of tickets from the same roll of tickets."

Where is the controversy? As I stated in my response, I play that way: buying just a few tickets of each game, and many others here play that way as well. In fact, look at my recent poll How many scratch tickets do you buy at the store you'll see that most people buy just a few tickets. And the ones that voted 4-10 like myself, that doesn't mean we put that all on one roll, we typically spread it around to a few different games. I never buy deep into a roll, usually just a few and never more than odds. But I also don't think it is right to disparage anyone if they play deep into a roll (or a whole roll) chasing wins either.

malden, ma
                      United States
                      Member #66459
                      October 26, 2008
                      10 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2013, 7:35 am - IP Logged

I did the challenge last night here in FL. I spent $120 and got back $110...The best pay-off were from the $20 and $10 tickets (Flamingo and 50X the Cash). Technically I am not down $10 as I had $2 left from the $120 spent in the machine so I use the last $2 on a Powerball ticket that vending machines here in FL sell too.

Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103813
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: April 17, 2013, 10:37 am - IP Logged

I did the challenge last night here in FL. I spent $120 and got back $110...The best pay-off were from the $20 and $10 tickets (Flamingo and 50X the Cash). Technically I am not down $10 as I had $2 left from the $120 spent in the machine so I use the last $2 on a Powerball ticket that vending machines here in FL sell too.

That's really good results, congrats! Better than 90% back! Ask anyone what their return on Scratch games is over the long run, and guarantee it'll be a lot lower than 90%. Post some pics if you can, I don't think we've seen VMC picture results from FL yet.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: April 17, 2013, 10:51 am - IP Logged

The chances of getting a BIG winner are BETTER if you buy a whole pack of tickets, not just one.

malden, ma
                            United States
                            Member #66459
                            October 26, 2008
                            10 Posts
                            Posted: April 23, 2013, 9:10 am - IP Logged

update --- the Powerball ticket won me $4! so I ended with $114. I used the money to buy advanged play in Powerball, FL Lotto, and Megamoney. We'll se what happens next.

Mansfield
                              United States
                              Member #141873
                              April 26, 2013
                              2 Posts
                              Posted: April 26, 2013, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Gonn try this later from a machine in Mass ive been eyeing hopefully get some good luck Big Grin