Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who has better odds of hitting 3 of 5 ?

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Sounds like you need a certified mathematician/Lotto Guru/programmer analyst to assist you in this area.

Normally I would recommend speaking to the reputable IndianaKid, but he is temporarily on a leave of extended absence.

You might consider running this by THRIFTY, RJ, or Stack for further analysis.

Good luck Ronnie316!  Lep

Thank you   mcginnin56,

Perhaps RL already knows and he just simply will not tell us  What?

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Hello Ronnie316.

You select 5 numbers from 56.

In order to have 3 numbers correct, your "chances" are 1 in 300. That equals to 12.750 combinations that you'll have to play.

For getting 2 numbers, 1 in 18 and 208.250 combinations.

Would you like to let me know how many numbers you're thinking about wheeling? And, if you can copy & paste those numbers here in order to test & verify them on some filters?

Regards.

Hi Rick.

The question is in regard to the 46 combinations produced by the LP 2 if 5 of 56 wheel VS. the 46 combinations produced by the LP (high quality, grain fed) QP generator........

What are the odds (for each) of hitting 3 of 5  What?

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
      Athens
      Greece
      Member #133234
      September 24, 2012
      192 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2012, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie the best way to output the results you'd like regarding the odds, is to backtest the 46 + 46 combinations you mention through all the 3.819.816 combinations that a 5/56 LOTTERY game has. If it was a pick 6 game from a maximum of 49 numbers for example, I could do that for you. Still, I might be able to provide some info and data from older programs; I'll let you know.   

Keep in mind though that it is a 2 out of 5 wheel; with 46 combinations. Don't hold your hopes too high for getting a 3 out of 5 lets say... every time you play.

All The Best.

6/49 dis(assembly)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19898 Posts
        Posted: October 11, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you need a certified mathematician/Lotto Guru/programmer analyst to assist you in this area.

Normally I would recommend speaking to the reputable IndianaKid, but he is temporarily on a leave of extended absence.

You might consider running this by THRIFTY, RJ, or Stack for further analysis.

Good luck Ronnie316!  Lep

As the IndianaKid, he's probably on a permanent  leave of absence.  He might be able to snick back in with a new name and IP address.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          192 Posts
          Posted: October 11, 2012, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

He propably could, you're right.

Problem is, if you do "bad things" all the time, lie to people etc... in the end you'll get what you deserve. Its all about balance in this life.

What you give, is what you'll eventually "receive". And the scariest part is, that you always get back "the bad" with the worst case "scenario".

6/49 dis(assembly)

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
            Los Angeles
            United States
            Member #75410
            June 2, 2009
            489 Posts
            Posted: October 11, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie,

I made a mistake by giving you 5 stars, it was for Jade's tread, I asked Todd to removed it but he said it couldn't be done, just letting you know.

Frenchie.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19898 Posts
              Posted: October 11, 2012, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie,

I made a mistake by giving you 5 stars, it was for Jade's tread, I asked Todd to removed it but he said it couldn't be done, just letting you know.

Frenchie.

Two other LP members thought Ronnie deserved five stars so two out of three isn't bad.  I hope you still gave Jade his five stars.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: October 11, 2012, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Two other LP members thought Ronnie deserved five stars so two out of three isn't bad.  I hope you still gave Jade his five stars.

Whoops....sorry Ronnie316, how could I have over looked not giving you your well deserved five star rating? Star Star Star Star Star Star

Consider it done right now! Wanted to give you 6 stars, but management refused to budge, sorry buddy.  Crying

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: October 11, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

As the IndianaKid, he's probably on a permanent  leave of absence.  He might be able to snick back in with a new name and IP address.

My sources tell me he's already back with a new identity, but he's lurking and lying low for now.    Lurking

My sources also tell me, he thinks it's very "easy" to get back in the door with a new identity.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: October 11, 2012, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you   mcginnin56,

Perhaps RL already knows and he just simply will not tell us  What?

Ahhh yes,  playing the old hard to get routine. I've seen this happen many times in the past. I wouldn't take it too personally.  Sad Cheers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19898 Posts
                      Posted: October 11, 2012, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

My sources tell me he's already back with a new identity, but he's lurking and lying low for now.    Lurking

My sources also tell me, he thinks it's very "easy" to get back in the door with a new identity.

I've seen that happen before and every time you can tell they're back the minute they post a response because everything they do is the same as before, only the name is different.  Maybe he's just lurking, he doesn't need any identity to do that.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19898 Posts
                        Posted: October 11, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Ahhh yes,  playing the old hard to get routine. I've seen this happen many times in the past. I wouldn't take it too personally.  Sad Cheers

May be he thought someone outside his pool was using the information he was posting better than they could.  In one of his post he said he would continue answering their questions using his private forum. Roll Eyes

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: October 11, 2012, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

May be he thought someone outside his pool was using the information he was posting better than they could.  In one of his post he said he would continue answering their questions using his private forum. Roll Eyes

He also said his pool had gone private, so he wont be accepting $2.50 from anyone else.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: October 11, 2012, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie,

Frenchie.

OOpsadaisy.... Im sorry to hear of your heart breaking mistake. I hope you will sleep at night What?

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7343 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2012, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Hi Rick.

The question is in regard to the 46 combinations produced by the LP 2 if 5 of 56 wheel VS. the 46 combinations produced by the LP (high quality, grain fed) QP generator........

What are the odds (for each) of hitting 3 of 5  What?

Since your wheel is guaranteed to have 1 two number match and uses every number, your odds are 18 to 1 (3 chances out of 54). 46 QPs could have up to 460 three number combos so divide the number of possible three digit matches (27,720) by 460, The odds of 46 QPs having a three number match are about 60 to 1.