Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you keep your word??

Topic closed. 178 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 1 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2012, 9:50 am - IP Logged

So you buy some quick picks at the local quick stop or wherever...and as you turn to leave you accidentially bump into someone who has also bought a few quick picks....all the tickets fall to the floor and become mingled...you don't know which are yours and which are theirs so after trying to sort it out, you give up, split the tickets and just tell them if you hit you'll split it with them and same goes for them...so after getting their name and number you leave believing that you'll never hear from them again.....The next day you check your tickets and low and behold you have hit the jackpot!!! Do you keep your word and split with the stranger you made a deal with?? Or run with the money and act like you don't know them......As in the famous words of John Quionnes......What would you do????

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    910 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2012, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Before I even left the store, I would look at the times the tickets were bought and I would take my tickets and and give them theirs.  John Quinones not needed.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4974 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Before I even left the store, I would look at the times the tickets were bought and I would take my tickets and and give them theirs.  John Quinones not needed.

I like your common sense!

J'aime La France.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I would give all the tickets to the store clerk and trust them to let me know if I won.......

Florida
          United States
          Member #61435
          May 22, 2008
          910 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I would give all the tickets to the store clerk and trust them to let me know if I won.......

Someday I will trust a store clerk..... Jester

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:08 am - IP Logged

I will avoid the lottery insanity and trust a store clerk someday.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4974 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:10 am - IP Logged

I will avoid the lottery insanity and trust a store clerk someday.

I will trust a store clerk someday to tell me how much I won, take my ticket, and pay me a percentage of what I won so I don't have to pay texes.

J'aime La France.

GEORGIA
                United States
                Member #64238
                August 22, 2008
                9858 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I was in Texas this past week and a lady bought a $20.00 scratch off ticket and left the store.  She came back in moments later and told the clerk I think I won something will you check my ticket.  Well he checked it and counted out $2000.00 to the lady.  I asked him to see the ticket(i'm nosey like that) and he said no it was none of my business.  Now do you honestly think that lady won $2000.00?  So when did a corner store start paying out that kind of money?  Go figure.

Yesterday is behind us, tomorrow is not promised, today we move forward in JESUS name.

Favorites: 6973 4710 1934 1927 1754 8972 2080 9025 9067 1189 1955 1208 1118 4455 0622 0589 1129 1069 1017 

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I was in Texas this past week and a lady bought a $20.00 scratch off ticket and left the store.  She came back in moments later and told the clerk I think I won something will you check my ticket.  Well he checked it and counted out $2000.00 to the lady.  I asked him to see the ticket(i'm nosey like that) and he said no it was none of my business.  Now do you honestly think that lady won $2000.00?  So when did a corner store start paying out that kind of money?  Go figure.

Sounds like a job for the lottery investigator trolls to get busy working on.................

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19901 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Obviously you know enough about lottery tickets to not fall for that scam.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

So from the time the clerk handed you the tickets and the two steps you take to get out of line bumping into someone as you do so...You can remember which were yours??? and even if you do how can you prove it??? You didnt sign it what if they think it's theirs???......Back to the original question...think your answer thru this time.....What would you do???

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #61435
                        May 22, 2008
                        910 Posts
                        Posted: December 16, 2012, 10:57 am - IP Logged

So from the time the clerk handed you the tickets and the two steps you take to get out of line bumping into someone as you do so...You can remember which were yours??? and even if you do how can you prove it??? You didnt sign it what if they think it's theirs???......Back to the original question...think your answer thru this time.....What would you do???

There is a time stamp on every ticket.  If I bought mine first it would be easy to figure out.  Common sense.  Re-read my original answer and realize I DID think it through.  So my answer doesn't change.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #94283
                          July 17, 2010
                          2284 Posts
                          Posted: December 16, 2012, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

They can't legally pay that much unless the lady filled out a tax form, which it sounds like she didn't.  Yeah, I'd call the lottery commission in your state and hope they can find the lady because it sounds like she got ripped off.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19901 Posts
                            Posted: December 16, 2012, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

In Ohio the time stamp is to the nearest second so you know which order your own tickets were printed.

Every tickets has the year, month, date, hour, minute and second it was printed with the terminal number.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19901 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2012, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

They can't legally pay that much unless the lady filled out a tax form, which it sounds like she didn't.  Yeah, I'd call the lottery commission in your state and hope they can find the lady because it sounds like she got ripped off.

In Ohio, any ticket that wins over $599 and less than $5000 have to be verified by a retailer and taken to an approved bank to get the money or can betaken to a regional lottery office as are all tickets winning $5000 or more.

Evil Looking       

Page 1 of 12