Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Name change once u win?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 4 years ago by phillylucky1.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
Mcminnville, Oregon
United States
Member #3013
December 13, 2003
3090 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I am not changing my name if I get lucky in the lottery.  I like myself and don't think that after I take the annuity in powerball on monday that it will make much difference.  Good luck to my tickets on saturday night.-weshar75

US Flag

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5142 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2013, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I am not changing my name if I get lucky in the lottery.  I like myself and don't think that after I take the annuity in powerball on monday that it will make much difference.  Good luck to my tickets on saturday night.-weshar75

US Flag

WOW:

R/U  suggest^^^^^LP^^^^HAS NO^<RIGHT>

but, abc,cbs,nbc,msnbc,pbs,HAS RIGHT 2report

UR"NAME" if U win a <<jackpot>>??

DanceDrumDance

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3090 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2013, 12:04 am - IP Logged

WOW:

R/U  suggest^^^^^LP^^^^HAS NO^<RIGHT>

but, abc,cbs,nbc,msnbc,pbs,HAS RIGHT 2report

UR"NAME" if U win a <<jackpot>>??

DanceDrumDance

Psykomo I am not afraid of people.  Besides I am taking the annuity so it is spread out over 30 years and I can help my family like I always wanted too. But not help all the beggars and losers of this world.  Good luck to you too PSYK!-weshar75

US Flag

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10389 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2013, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Coin toss, going back about 15 years, they had a rule here that tix. cashed in a store had to be signed

no one took it seriously and everyone signed joke names of famous ppl.

I liked to sign it w/ Bill Clinton or maybe someone who was dead. LOL.

haymaker,

Not lotto, but in check kiting scams a lot of people use the name I.M. Rich- and often that's what gets them caught!

If Illinois ever goes to the sign your tickets to cash in the store rule I think I'll sign them L. Otto

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5142 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2013, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Psykomo I am not afraid of people.  Besides I am taking the annuity so it is spread out over 30 years and I can help my family like I always wanted too. But not help all the beggars and losers of this world.  Good luck to you too PSYK!-weshar75

US Flag

WOW:   >>>>: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>:

AL GORE will set U >>>>>FREE>>>>>and>>"FAT"

US Flag

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3159 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2013, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I'll look forward to letting everybody know my new name.

Pat McGroin!   Lep

LOL. Reminds me of ben dover.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2013, 7:35 am - IP Logged

LOL. Reminds me of ben dover.

heee hee and his cousin who's Dick Hertz

United States
                Member #135278
                November 20, 2012
                85 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2013, 7:52 am - IP Logged

If this is possible this is the best advice for people in those states that its mandatory for u too come fourth.

If u dont want the headaches its worth the time too investigate im sure lotteries would be against this.

Cause its dumbs the game down a lil bit but its actually makes it fun cause when have u seen a

russian name win a jackpots?

And the person is of another race lol 7 names equals 7 figures plus lol

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  41925 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2013, 8:02 am - IP Logged

If you change your name, you should probably get facial reconstruction, contact lenses with a new color, red will most likely keep the people away, get some fangs also, put a big sign on your house thats says " Caution, Leper patient on the premises"

No one will bother you, unless of course they don't know what leprosy is!

HyperBe Happy.

janem's avatar - cat computer.jpg
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #69399
                    January 9, 2009
                    380 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2013, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

This is what I would do. I would not tell a single person I won and hire an attorney. Change my name and and get a new California ID. Then claim using my new name. As soon as I get my money, I would have my name changed back. No one has to know about the name change if you don't say anything and the lottery can only use your legal name at the time you turned in the ticket.

It was always in the stars for me to be a lottery winner.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      Gurnee, Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #49731
                      February 12, 2007
                      919 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2013, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Why on earth would one seek a name change just because came into some serious money? What one is called does not seem to be the problem, but what little demons one have in their closet and the people they allow to leech off them do seem to be the common denominators for those that qualify as candidates on "Curse of the Lottery". 

I only see name change necessary if one wants to pursue an acting or singing career.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                        Gurnee, Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #49731
                        February 12, 2007
                        919 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2013, 7:51 am - IP Logged

This is what I would do. I would not tell a single person I won and hire an attorney. Change my name and and get a new California ID. Then claim using my new name. As soon as I get my money, I would have my name changed back. No one has to know about the name change if you don't say anything and the lottery can only use your legal name at the time you turned in the ticket.

You might have a little problem come tax time since your 1099 will bear one name while your investment, bank, and other financial accounts will have a different name for the same SSN.  You would only be inviting a visit from the IRS and possible fraud charges from DMV.

just K.I.S.S.  Buy lottery ticket. Ticket wins.  Seek necessary professional tax planning, legal, and financial assistance. Tell no one who does not need to know. Claim winnings and do press conference. Collect winnings and review account accuracy.  Take a long vacation. Live your life and make any necessary changes to minimize risks and annoyances.  Live your life. You might also want to move to a less taxing state.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: February 2, 2013, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Pat McGroin!   Lep

Interesting one there Ridge !!!!!

I  was going with S.Wallow Mehole ....Well, either that or  Richard Inmuff....  What?

Prolly gonna get punished for those 2 but I figure it was better than using my Christmas screenname of Jingle MyBallz

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #135285
                            November 21, 2012
                            584 Posts
                            Posted: February 2, 2013, 8:46 am - IP Logged

OMG..some of these names are hilarious...I remember as a kid, friends and I playing pratical jokes by calling places like Walmart and asking them to page some of these names over the intercom to come to the phone if they were in the store.....HAHA...the good ole' days...

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Columbia, SC
                              United States
                              Member #135285
                              November 21, 2012
                              584 Posts
                              Posted: February 2, 2013, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Pat McGroin!   Lep

Bwwahhhahaaaaaaaa......

I think I know Pat. I went to school with his cousin, Hugh Jass.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney