Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Name change once u win?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 4 years ago by phillylucky1.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
884 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I have often thought about legally changing my name, I think that it would be fun to have a different first and last name!

lincolnAbe's avatar - chipmunk
    nevada
    United States
    Member #124649
    March 17, 2012
    20 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Fellas,

All state lottos without the option of claiming anon go by the name as it appears on your last filed tax returns.  They want to give all possible creditors such as IRS, Child support, lien holders, mortgage providers, foreclosure attorney etc. a fair opportunity to catch up with your defaulting ass.

Even if you changed your names they'll anounce as follows:  'old name' aka "new name".

Sorry folks.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Fellas,

All state lottos without the option of claiming anon go by the name as it appears on your last filed tax returns.  They want to give all possible creditors such as IRS, Child support, lien holders, mortgage providers, foreclosure attorney etc. a fair opportunity to catch up with your defaulting ass.

Even if you changed your names they'll anounce as follows:  'old name' aka "new name".

Sorry folks.

Do you have a link to various, or any, state lottery documentation saying they will go by the name on your last tax return? Or that they would post old plus new name?

All those places that need to know about your money will know, because whether you have your original name of Jake Smith or new name of Mike Sherman you will have the same SSN. Also I don't see why they would post Jake Smith's name, as he didn't win. Legally, Mike Sherman won. It's his name on the ticket.

I'll accept that I'm wrong if you can post sources, but I just don't see why they would post a name other than the legal name of the winner. You never see a married womans name released as June Carter aka June Cash.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2013, 6:19 am - IP Logged

ill change name Hugh Jackpot

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2013, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Fellas,

Sorry folks.

ok so collect with your current name... move someplace small... change your name... move again... change your name again... then move some place finally and rest there... of course you will have to remember all your name changes and hope that you dont get old-timers...

move to cincinatti - my new name #1:  Jane Doe.

move to NYC - new name #2:  Mary Jones.

move to final home place - that otta do it.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4792 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

My new name will be:

IMA Winner

J'aime La France.

philadelphia,pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #138700
              February 3, 2013
              374 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

im not changing anything until i get my money and then im changing the state i live in immediately ...... im thinking somewhere really warmHurray!