Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How long can you go without playing?

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PlayToWin47.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Toronto
Canada
Member #138397
January 26, 2013
179 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2013, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

How long can you go without playing a penny on any of the games. I think I can last a month. Game on??? Anyone up for it. Anytime you don't play post it here. Did not play today -- is all need to be said. If you break the agreement, you have to start over. I usually play the Mega Million but I will opt out for a month in playing any of the games. If I play, I will be honest and post that I played. That's it... will you last longer than me or 30 days?

The way I see it is, I'll be able to go without playing a penny for ever - in (hopefully at least) a few more decades...

I guess I'll keep dreaming now, while I still can.

But seriously, I wouldn't buy tickets in anything with a jackpot less than 16 million (in Canada, tax-free, no annuity), unless there are bonus things going

on like the current 100k/yr for life bonus draw during feburary for the 6/49. But our chances are a lot better than powerball and megamillions.

If I lived in the US I wouldn't buy any tickets in anything with a jackpot that's less than 150 million. But probably won't buy until it's over 250m.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2013, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

One of the signs of a degenerate gambler is that they have to be in "action", that is they have to have a bet going on something.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2013, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I am a big fan of the advanced play feature of lottery tickets and also have an yearly subscription to Megamillions so really I am playing even when I am not. I think your thread mainly targets those people who play pick 3 & pick 4 and keno and  scratch offs and those are not my specialty. Maybe thats why I never won anything yet, wazaa!

elkton, maryland
        United States
        Member #85565
        January 18, 2010
        1028 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2013, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

The way I see it is, I'll be able to go without playing a penny for ever - in (hopefully at least) a few more decades...

I guess I'll keep dreaming now, while I still can.

But seriously, I wouldn't buy tickets in anything with a jackpot less than 16 million (in Canada, tax-free, no annuity), unless there are bonus things going

on like the current 100k/yr for life bonus draw during feburary for the 6/49. But our chances are a lot better than powerball and megamillions.

If I lived in the US I wouldn't buy any tickets in anything with a jackpot that's less than 150 million. But probably won't buy until it's over 250m.

Tne bigger the jackpot the more people play thus the odds are less

in your favor. You have a better chance of winning when the jackpot

is smaller.Think about it

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I have taken occasional month breaks and more often breaks of 1-2 weeks.

I spend $8 a month on lottery so I take the breaks more for a vacation from the game than anything. It's always an odd feeling knowing the draws you usually care about don't mean a thing.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Are you serious?? what kind of math is that?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4784 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I take breaks on occasion (for as long as a few weeks) and I feel it makes my choices better when I return. Sometimes it is more due to being too busy for that week and not feeling I had time to pick my own numbers... and I usually regret Qps.

J'aime La France.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19740 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I take breaks on occasion (for as long as a few weeks) and I feel it makes my choices better when I return. Sometimes it is more due to being too busy for that week and not feeling I had time to pick my own numbers... and I usually regret Qps.

Thumbs Up

Let it Snow Snowman

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2657 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2013, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

ditto

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
                    Member #91718
                    May 23, 2010
                    690 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2013, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I'm really surprise that most feel like they must play. If we continue to play nothing will ever change. Think about it. How do people get anything to change? By going on strike. We should all go on strike for 30 days and demand more winnings with better odds. One person alone can not do it, we need millions to stand up for this.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                      Joplin MO
                      United States
                      Member #138489
                      January 28, 2013
                      190 Posts
                      Posted: February 3, 2013, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

3 days...

i can easily go 3 days... (but then i gotta buy a MM tix for tuesday)

a month is outa my league cupcake10 - but i applaud your stamina!  my 32 to 40$ i spend each month is my alloted lottery expenditure... but i really do not think i could miss it without breaking a sweat (yikes!!!)

maximumfun wrote...

i can easily go 3 days... (but then i gotta buy a MM tix for tuesday)

HeeHeeHaHaHa!!!

Joplin MO
                        United States
                        Member #138489
                        January 28, 2013
                        190 Posts
                        Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Tne bigger the jackpot the more people play...

I could never understand the thinking of the people that only play when the jackpots are absurdly high (PB & MM).  If it is worth a dollar to play for a $100,000,000, why is it not worth a dollar to play for $1,000,000 (or whatever the current minimum is ... since that is not my game)?  Most average people could probably retire on 1-3 million if they wanted to ... unless they're wasteful and can't manage their money.

...thus the odds are less in your favor. You have a better chance of winning when the jackpot is smaller

Uh ... What?  Your odds of a jackpot don't change (for PB / MM / etc.) based on the number of people playing.  If more people are playing, the odds would be more likely that more than one person will win, therefore you would have to share the jackpot.

Joplin MO
                          United States
                          Member #138489
                          January 28, 2013
                          190 Posts
                          Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I MUST play every drawing!!!  The one time I skip a drawing would be the one time MY numbers would come up!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I'm really surprise that most feel like they must play. If we continue to play nothing will ever change. Think about it. How do people get anything to change? By going on strike. We should all go on strike for 30 days and demand more winnings with better odds. One person alone can not do it, we need millions to stand up for this.

"How do people get anything to change? By going on strike."

That's what the union bosses told the workers at Hostess too.

And now? 

No more Twinkies.

(I didn't like 'em anyway)

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40295 Posts
                              Posted: February 4, 2013, 7:53 am - IP Logged

I miss my twinkies, good point by the way!Cheers

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"