Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How long can you go without playing?

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PlayToWin47.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2013, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Excellent choice my friend. You may also want to consider rabid refund?

I seriously considered the "rabid" refund, but was concerned with getting rabies.  Bat

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2013, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Ya'll are funny. I think I stopped for 2 months once.

Very commendable,   Party    you should be awarded five stars for that feat!   StarStarStarStarStar

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: February 5, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

LOL, Good one

Thanks, Sully16. Smile

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2013, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

**Twinkies** --sob--- sob ---sob--- now i gotta go into the closet and don my blacks so i can properly mourn.... THEN i gotta go out and get that MM tix.

LOL

I don't think twinkies are going away,

tastykake will prolly buy.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Ya'll are funny. I think I stopped for 2 months once.

I stopped for over a year once,

of course it helped that I had moved to a state that did'nt have lottery....yet.

United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I say stop for about 10 years and then use the "shotgun approach"

That sounds thrifty to me !

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

How long can you go without playing a penny on any of the games. I think I can last a month. Game on??? Anyone up for it. Anytime you don't play post it here. Did not play today -- is all need to be said. If you break the agreement, you have to start over. I usually play the Mega Million but I will opt out for a month in playing any of the games. If I play, I will be honest and post that I played. That's it... will you last longer than me or 30 days?

....personally I have a set amount/budget for gambling do or die.On the rarest of occasion may exceed it on a paid weekend if I like the backtest on something.

I can't imagine life without a small wager anymore.When I get digusted from not hitting P3 for a loooong time,I counteract and just relocate the budget to a few quick picks for PB or the local cash5.

Unil the next hobby I obsess over happens,I couldn't imagine not playing anything daily for multiple days.

My lottery intoxication is more with the actual handicapping then the playing believe it or not.

Even though betting(or should I say allstates predcting) is free at LP,I always look foreward to getting home to see what was drawn.

I would hate to look at playing the lottery as something I should feel guilty about enough to put it down.It should always be viewed as a hobby you can afford to lose with  lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
                Member #129868
                June 30, 2012
                2454 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

How long can you go without playing a penny on any of the games. I think I can last a month. Game on??? Anyone up for it. Anytime you don't play post it here. Did not play today -- is all need to be said. If you break the agreement, you have to start over. I usually play the Mega Million but I will opt out for a month in playing any of the games. If I play, I will be honest and post that I played. That's it... will you last longer than me or 30 days?

1 Day

abria-r's avatar - nicebear

Bahamas
                  Member #113012
                  June 30, 2011
                  3818 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

23 hours 59 minutes.

LOL  ROFL   atlest ur telling the truth the day i dont play is if the net is down and its raining hard or very cold  Wink i soon hit big one time and stop forever working on it 

953 408 

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO DA FULLEST 

Every day  my goal Win Big

abria-r Blue Angel

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                    nc
                    United States
                    Member #99520
                    October 26, 2010
                    375 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2013, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Went over 15 years when I moved to a state without it.  Which was on purpose to stop the potential addiction, but with maturity comes responsibility.   Which is why I vary rarely spend more that a dollar on tickets now.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                      Joplin MO
                      United States
                      Member #138489
                      January 28, 2013
                      190 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2013, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Its BETTER to play 1040 lines with a strategy, than 1 line per draw for 10 years.

Yup!!!

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                        Joplin MO
                        United States
                        Member #138489
                        January 28, 2013
                        190 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2013, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Its BETTER to play 1040 lines with a strategy, than 1 line per draw for 10 years.

I have actually bounced the idea around of taking a year's lottery budget and playing it all on one drawing ... after, of course, developing a number wheel that I know would produce lots of small wins ... and hopefully the big one!!!

(My hand would surely be very sore after filling out all the play slips!)

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                          Northern Virginia
                          United States
                          Member #83350
                          December 5, 2009
                          1317 Posts
                          Posted: February 6, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I seldom play. I play only about once per month if that.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: February 6, 2013, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Quittin' is easy, I've done it thousands of times.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                              Gurnee, Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #49731
                              February 12, 2007
                              917 Posts
                              Posted: February 7, 2013, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I'm really surprise that most feel like they must play. If we continue to play nothing will ever change. Think about it. How do people get anything to change? By going on strike. We should all go on strike for 30 days and demand more winnings with better odds. One person alone can not do it, we need millions to stand up for this.

Strikes are not the answer...just ask the good former employees of Hostess! With the lottery, if demand is not sufficient, the next jackpot amount might be the same or just slightly higher like Illinois Lotto typically increases by $250K per rollover but lately has only increased by $150K.  Ditto for Mega Millions. The show will go on. Someone will win. You are just guaranteed to have ZERO chance at winning if you do not play.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!