Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why aren't more LP winners and near winners sharing their stories?

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 4 years ago by GGStarlings.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2013, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

With over 50,000 members, LP'ers probably have had a few jackpot winners and hundreds or near winners.  Could it be that they just don't want to engage in the kinds of conversations they fear their stories might generate?

Since I joined I have missed being a multi-millionaire twice by matching  5of6 in Ohio's 6/49 games.  There much be hundreds of such stories among us LP members.

My guess is that Lottery Post members who regularly post are among the most well-informed lottery players, and know not to broadcast information about their big wins.  I know that big winners do come to the site, but they would rather not make it known.  (A smart decision, frankly.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
    cornwall,ct
    United States
    Member #102636
    December 23, 2010
    245 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2013, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

With over 50,000 members, LP'ers probably have had a few jackpot winners and hundreds or near winners.  Could it be that they just don't want to engage in the kinds of conversations they fear their stories might generate?

Since I joined I have missed being a multi-millionaire twice by matching  5of6 in Ohio's 6/49 games.  There much be hundreds of such stories among us LP members.

Maybe because some smart compter wiz would access their ip address and find thhe person's home address. And you fill in the rest of the story. Mums the word for me personally.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      Whiskey Island
      United States
      Member #90216
      April 24, 2010
      12729 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2013, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Silence is Golden !!!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2013, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

No stories from me yet. I'd share the news if I hit a semi jackpot (under $250,000). Its just that I wouldnt quit my job for that much so its a semi to me. If I hit the jp I would collect, and then about a year later I'd start a thread on LP with the news and to answer all questions from the curious. Then after a week after that I'd leave and never return Razz

That money's gone fo ever

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10345 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

RJoH,

I'd hate to think of the pm's alone.

Would be a whole bunch of people, under the guise of congratulating you, trying to put 'la mordida' (the bite) on you.

And as some have already said here, posting a win on the net would be crazy. If someone is in a non-anonymous state, which most are, they'd have enough to deal with.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

With you making four posts within seven minutes to say what could have been said in one, you should reach elite status in no time. Wink

Now RJOh, please dont lead my friend hmw astray. We all know that status is NOT based on number of posts.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Believe me, if I hit a major jackpot, the last thing I'd do is post my story online.

I was thinking that I would post the story, just to see what all the hubbub is about?

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

No stories from me yet. I'd share the news if I hit a semi jackpot (under $250,000). Its just that I wouldnt quit my job for that much so its a semi to me. If I hit the jp I would collect, and then about a year later I'd start a thread on LP with the news and to answer all questions from the curious. Then after a week after that I'd leave and never return Razz

Very meticulous and well thought out plan maringoman.Yes Nod

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Very meticulous and well thought out plan maringoman.Yes Nod

Lol yes but I'd never be caught doing an episode of Lottery Change My Life. I think I'd also use a different handle for that one-off LP thread.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Lol yes but I'd never be caught doing an episode of Lottery Change My Life. I think I'd also use a different handle for that one-off LP thread.

I understand all the precautions, but I still think it would be fun to let all the cards, letters, PMs, crowds outside my balcony, and everything else come rolling in..... Just for laughs, then Artist can write the book.

Baton Rouge, LA
                      United States
                      Member #4602
                      May 7, 2004
                      699 Posts
                      Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

My best was in 2011 when I won $400 on Powerball using my wedding anniversary numbers, because the drawing was on my anniversary. If I'd picked one number different(10 instead of 11, or was it 11 instead of 10), it would have been $40,000. In spite of that, I'm still happy.

If I did win it big, I'd probably not broadcast it, you never know who's listening/lurking.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40299 Posts
                        Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

No big win for me yet, but I wouldn't tell anyone.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Columbia, SC
                          United States
                          Member #135285
                          November 21, 2012
                          584 Posts
                          Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

WHEN (not "if") I win, I'd want to remain anonymous. HOWEVER, I'd let the ones on here I communicate with and feel trustworthy know about my win...I would have to tell SOMEONE! I just don't want people I know in my every day life to know....except VERY IMMEDIATE family....

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #135285
                            November 21, 2012
                            584 Posts
                            Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Oh...and CONGRATULATIONS RJoH!!!! Forgot to mention that in my previous post.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: February 28, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Even though theremuchRoll Eyes be hundreds of such stories among us 

winning is hard.  And nobody helps you.

Just telling people you are trying to win, they roll their eyes and spew negativity.

So half of me wants to rub it in their face.  That's the ego presumably.

I can do it and you cant!Cussing Face

However that's a fine line to walk, as you might not win for ten years.  And that's ten years of rolled eyes and negativity. A long tale of woe.

While the other half of me wants to just lay low and stay under the radar.  This half knows better.

Its already bad enough I am trying to brag by passing RJ and other LP'ers on the prize ratio list.

The biggest problem with telling people you won, is that they will never understand or respect the time and effort it takes. 

Even if you won 100,000 dollars, some people will not respect that.  The will just say, "You cant even do anything with that!" or they might say, "Can I have a thousand bucks bro?" (without even offering to walk your dog!)

So instead of aiming to engage people in conversations of your win, just buy those persons a nice electric pepper grinder for X-mas.  They would appreciate that more.