Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why aren't more LP winners and near winners sharing their stories?

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 4 years ago by GGStarlings.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2013, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

i have posted every near win i have had . but the wins? nope i have  not posted any of them. in truth, the near hits are the only wins i have had at all

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

i have posted every near win i have had . but the wins? nope i have  not posted any of them. in truth, the near hits are the only wins i have had at all

Is your chimp smarter than you?  Maybe he could pick some numbers for you?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2013, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

thats a self  potrait,  " contemplation of a wheel ", its called

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2013, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

thats a self  potrait,  " contemplation of a wheel ", its called

Well in that case you are a very advance primate.

At first glance it reminded me of a self portrait of Crocodile Dundee.  I think it was a portrait called "where should I stick my finger next?"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Maybe because some smart compter wiz would access their ip address and find thhe person's home address. And you fill in the rest of the story. Mums the word for me personally.

They could connect through a VPN, which can show their location as somewhere like Toronto, San Francisco, London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, etc. But yea, I imagine most aren't aware of such things or are still fearful that they'd be connected back to.

I use this username at various other sites where I'm pretty sure I've used my name so I would hold off on posting that I won (having claimed via a trust) and continue to post as I do now. What I've thought about doing is sending a message/email to Todd in which I'd give him my story. That way people would get the story (since I know I'd enjoy that if someone from here won) but I'd get to mostly keep my privacy (to all but those who see this comment).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:14 am - IP Logged

My guess is that Lottery Post members who regularly post are among the most well-informed lottery players, and know not to broadcast information about their big wins.  I know that big winners do come to the site, but they would rather not make it known.  (A smart decision, frankly.)

When you consider the resources available to any lottery players using the Internet and especially the LP members that should be true but sometimes I wonder after reading the post of a member in Columbus, Ohio.

He said if he ever won MM second prize of $250K, he would make the 2-3 hour drive to Cleveland and be in the lottery office the next morning as soon as it opened.  When I asked why wouldn't just drive to regional office in Columbus, he said he wasn't aware there was one.

I assume in reality he would have checked the lottery website to see what his options were before doing anything.  That's what I did when I matched 5of6 recently.  I didn't return to retailer depending on someone to check my ticket and tell me what do, instead I told them I needed a claim form and my winning ticket verified for a pay to bearer slip and every thing went perfectly.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7314 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:28 am - IP Logged

With over 50,000 members, LP'ers probably have had a few jackpot winners and hundreds or near winners.  Could it be that they just don't want to engage in the kinds of conversations they fear their stories might generate?

Since I joined I have missed being a multi-millionaire twice by matching  5of6 in Ohio's 6/49 games.  There much be hundreds of such stories among us LP members.

I don't think Brad Duke is an LP member, but he did use a system to win his PB jackpot. As the story goes, he spent over $300 on tickets so even if he explained his system in full details, the average $5 a couple times a week member has no intentions of every purchasing that many tickets on one drawing. We have members who would rather ask what kind of new car Duke bought, did he change his phone number, or how he invested his winnings. Bet at least one member would ask if he collected anonymously.

I matched 5of5 using 15 numbers playing Rolling Cash 5 and still kicking myself for not reading BobP's advice on wheels before I chose the worst possible wheel to play. I hit 4of5 several times after reading his articles.

BTW, congrats on you hit!!!

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3983 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2013, 2:51 am - IP Logged

RJ

In MO we have a 6-44 game and the average drawing produces around 10 to 20 5of6 wins.  I would expect that

many of the p-6 games have similar results.  On the other hand the game produces around one 6of6 about every

10 games.  Drawing twice a week or 102 tines a year we have around 10 JP wins each year.  MO has a population

of 6,000,000 so around .000001667 percent of the six million people in missouri hit over a 12 month period.  If we 

use this as a roundabout figure then .000001667 * 50,000 then we could expect that about .083 or less than one

person a year manages a JP win for P6 games.   Your 6-49 has greater odds than my 6-44 so I would expect that 

if all the p-6 games were averaged out then the result would be even lower.  Congrats on the win.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                  Member #123632
                  February 25, 2012
                  156 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2013, 3:01 am - IP Logged

With over 50,000 members, LP'ers probably have had a few jackpot winners and hundreds or near winners.  Could it be that they just don't want to engage in the kinds of conversations they fear their stories might generate?

Since I joined I have missed being a multi-millionaire twice by matching  5of6 in Ohio's 6/49 games.  There much be hundreds of such stories among us LP members.

Maybe they’re just not as starving for the praise of the readers of this website.

Maybe they spend their time studying the depth of the lottery patterns so much deeper than you could even imagine or exploring such things that took them from poverty to riches so they can make their next breakthrough.

Maybe they just dont have time for this website. Maybe they could care a rip weather this board knew that they had won? You can’t do anything for them. Do you naively believe that they need you to be impressed with them or need some stranger’s praise or approval? You all are just a bunch of words. Why would they care what you think? Do you really care so much about people's opinion or worship of you so much you would want them all to know if you won? Come on now! Get real!

I do not mean to sound rude or offensive nor as if I am talking down to anyone on here and my god if you are on medication please don’t start thinking negative thoughts like no one cares what you think, people do care and care what you think, just not a lottery jackpot winner.

And neither should you care about them. Just live your life have fun.

One more thing! Could it be possible that a jackpot winner is posting on this website? In other words, that winner is "you"

a “future you"  a "future winner”

So the QUESTION should be.. What are you doing posting on here?

P.S Did you know most people of this planet spend entirely too much time looking backwards rather than forward.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2013, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Maybe they’re just not as starving for the praise of the readers of this website.

Maybe they spend their time studying the depth of the lottery patterns so much deeper than you could even imagine or exploring such things that took them from poverty to riches so they can make their next breakthrough.

Maybe they just dont have time for this website. Maybe they could care a rip weather this board knew that they had won? You can’t do anything for them. Do you naively believe that they need you to be impressed with them or need some stranger’s praise or approval? You all are just a bunch of words. Why would they care what you think? Do you really care so much about people's opinion or worship of you so much you would want them all to know if you won? Come on now! Get real!

I do not mean to sound rude or offensive nor as if I am talking down to anyone on here and my god if you are on medication please don’t start thinking negative thoughts like no one cares what you think, people do care and care what you think, just not a lottery jackpot winner.

And neither should you care about them. Just live your life have fun.

One more thing! Could it be possible that a jackpot winner is posting on this website? In other words, that winner is "you"

a “future you"  a "future winner”

So the QUESTION should be.. What are you doing posting on here?

P.S Did you know most people of this planet spend entirely too much time looking backwards rather than forward.

Nice post SM!  Thumbs Up

United States
                      Member #123632
                      February 25, 2012
                      156 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2013, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Thank you. lolWink

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                        Columbus, Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #128906
                        June 5, 2012
                        592 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2013, 6:21 am - IP Logged

When you consider the resources available to any lottery players using the Internet and especially the LP members that should be true but sometimes I wonder after reading the post of a member in Columbus, Ohio.

He said if he ever won MM second prize of $250K, he would make the 2-3 hour drive to Cleveland and be in the lottery office the next morning as soon as it opened.  When I asked why wouldn't just drive to regional office in Columbus, he said he wasn't aware there was one.

I assume in reality he would have checked the lottery website to see what his options were before doing anything.  That's what I did when I matched 5of6 recently.  I didn't return to retailer depending on someone to check my ticket and tell me what do, instead I told them I needed a claim form and my winning ticket verified for a pay to bearer slip and every thing went perfectly.

While checking OhioLottery (which I often do) but never the claiming section, I found a regional office in Columbus... good thing this board is here to help out idiots like me=)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2013, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Nice post SM!  Thumbs Up

I Agree! Very informative.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2013, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I don't think Brad Duke is an LP member, but he did use a system to win his PB jackpot. As the story goes, he spent over $300 on tickets so even if he explained his system in full details, the average $5 a couple times a week member has no intentions of every purchasing that many tickets on one drawing. We have members who would rather ask what kind of new car Duke bought, did he change his phone number, or how he invested his winnings. Bet at least one member would ask if he collected anonymously.

I matched 5of5 using 15 numbers playing Rolling Cash 5 and still kicking myself for not reading BobP's advice on wheels before I chose the worst possible wheel to play. I hit 4of5 several times after reading his articles.

BTW, congrats on you hit!!!

I wish Brad would stop in here and tell me where to plunk down my $300.?

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2013, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I Agree! Very informative.

I Agree! And informational too.