Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5294 replies. Last post 17 seconds ago by Dracos.

Page 174 of 353
PrintE-mailLink
BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #61435
May 22, 2008
908 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2016, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Got my second $500 winner this week on Florida cash. But felt pretty sick after. Reason for feeling sick was bc I always stop at the local shell station on my way to work and two days ago I walked in around 6:45 am and was going to cash my $30 winner and buy a gold rush which I have been playing on this GR roll the whole week did OK on it. But I for some reason told myself I would just cash it in on my break at work. So I got my coffee and went to work. Came back on my break and my buddy said your not going to believe this but 15min after you left guy came in and bought a gold rush hit for 100k ... I felt like I was going to puke I can't look at tickets last two days I have been just sick.

Could be a big fish story.

United States
    Member #159617
    October 2, 2014
    246 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2016, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Yea I just felt like today I was going to make that detail story up out of my a$$. Bc I love to make stuff up on Lotto sites. You can drive to the shell station in Nocatee Jax FL. LoneRanger lives in Jax he can drive over there ask when that 100k was bought and what time I know all the clerk's there see them every morning.

Florida
      United States
      Member #167757
      July 29, 2015
      360 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2016, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Yea I just felt like today I was going to make that detail story up out of my a$$. Bc I love to make stuff up on Lotto sites. You can drive to the shell station in Nocatee Jax FL. LoneRanger lives in Jax he can drive over there ask when that 100k was bought and what time I know all the clerk's there see them every morning.

One of us misinterpreted BuyLow's comment. I got the impression the comment was directed at the story being told to you, not you conveying the story to us.

Florida
        United States
        Member #172872
        February 7, 2016
        614 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2016, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

One of us misinterpreted BuyLow's comment. I got the impression the comment was directed at the story being told to you, not you conveying the story to us.

Yeah, I didn't interpret it as malicious.

Wow, someone finally won a big prize in Jax? I'm so jealous.

After my recent losing streak with insane amounrs of Fl Cash and Gold Rush duds, I'm done playing for a while. The amount of duds placed at my location  recently is unreal. Comparable to NY Lottery. 

The lotto isn't doing itself justice by having such an insane amount of duds on $20-$25 tickets. When players get burned hard, some quit playing for good. I don't think a 10% win- 20% win rate on $20-$25 tickets is matching the game's advertised chance rates. I'd be better off playing $1-$2 tickets...

FL
          United States
          Member #168858
          September 20, 2015
          131 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I have a method that I use to curb potential over-buying tendencies.  When I feel I've been buying too much, I'll buy a couple of higher dollar tickets and then just put them away some where and sit on them for however many days or even a week or two.  For me, it usually  does the trick and is fairly effective. 

Thought  I would share and may be something  helpful to others.

Florida
            United States
            Member #172872
            February 7, 2016
            614 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2016, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

That's a very good strategy, something I need to adopt. Do you scratch 1 every few days, or save them all up for the end of the work week? 

I definitely have over-buying tendencies, and have been chasing wins lately. Gold Rush and FL Cash were very "hot"in my neighborhood a week ago, and then transitioned to a cold phase where it feels like the return rate must be $0.20-$0.25 per $1. 

Are any of you planning on playing the new tickets when they come out next week? When I was at the Jacksonville regional lotto office, I believe one of the employees said the $25 Jackpot is coming out Tuesday. Are new tickets usually very good when they're first released to entice people into buying them, and then they level out?

Florida
              United States
              Member #61435
              May 22, 2008
              908 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2016, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Sorry delay, yes was regarding story told to Jax, not that he made it up.

United States
                Member #159617
                October 2, 2014
                246 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2016, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Did not mean to blow up just that I was already little piss about the ticket. My buddy knew the time bc he checked the cameras and one of the girls actually sold him the ticket. The guy has not tipped anybody yet which sucks but can't be worst then the old guy that works at Publix win 1 million on Florida cash at his own Publix and didn't even thank the Lady. She told me he was A hole be nice to see a good person win.

FL
                  United States
                  Member #168858
                  September 20, 2015
                  131 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2016, 8:31 am - IP Logged

I understand the expectation to be nice, but where does this expectation of getting tipped come from? It this like a poker table and the cashier is the dealer dealing out "scratch off" hands? The tipping thing really just doesn't make any sense.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #172872
                    February 7, 2016
                    614 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2016, 11:22 am - IP Logged

And if one were to tip, what would be a reasonable one? $20? $100? 

I think it would be very nice to spread the excitement for the employee. 

I tried playing the Lucky $200k a Year For Life ticket after winning $100 on a FL Cash ticket. I bought 5 of them, 4 duds and 1 $20 winner. No wonder they're trying so hard to sell the remainder of those duds. I know there's 4 $50k/yr and 2 $200k/yr jackpots remaining, but it wouldn't surprise me if those were "out of circulation" or in a dumpster somewhere. 

Also, those tickets are way too hard to scratch...

United States
                      Member #159617
                      October 2, 2014
                      246 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2016, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Well if you win 100k or million it would be nice thing to do. Not saying $100 would be something you would tip on. I would tip the guys at my gas station bc they always tell me witch roll somebody just win on or who just loss a bunch on that roll. Any little extra help I can get is nice.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #172872
                        February 7, 2016
                        614 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2016, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Well if you win 100k or million it would be nice thing to do. Not saying $100 would be something you would tip on. I would tip the guys at my gas station bc they always tell me witch roll somebody just win on or who just loss a bunch on that roll. Any little extra help I can get is nice.

If the people at the gas station are that cool to provide that type of information, I'd definitely tip (maybe at least $5 on a $500 win). 

Some of the employees are so cool, and sweet whenever I ask what number certain games are on. I tipped $10 when I found a $1000 FL Cash winner. 

Any of you have any luck lately? I've slowed down with playing substantially maybe $100/week now. I hit $100 on a $10 Flamingo Multiplier. Wondering when 1 of the 8 jackpots on that game is going to be found...

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #61435
                          May 22, 2008
                          908 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2016, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't tip clerks as a matter of habit however, when I win big there are a few clerks I would likely give something to.

FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #127998
                            May 14, 2012
                            404 Posts
                            Posted: February 20, 2016, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I never tipped, as i would drop hundreds at a time on losing ticket after losing ticket, clerks never threw more play money my way.  If we are honest and are a die hard scratcher you are never ahead.  I rarely play anymore, too many continuous losers

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              614 Posts
                              Posted: February 20, 2016, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I never tipped, as i would drop hundreds at a time on losing ticket after losing ticket, clerks never threw more play money my way.  If we are honest and are a die hard scratcher you are never ahead.  I rarely play anymore, too many continuous losers

The truth! 

Is anyone here actually ahead after their years of scratching? 

I was momentarily ahead two weeks ago when I found 6 $500 winners on Gold Rush, and 1 $1000 winner on FL Cash but then I got greedy and can't playing. 

Even though the new $10m jackpot is coming out on Tuesday, I still feel like playing the $25 FL Cash game. The elusive 12 $1m prizes remaining are still enticing.

Page 174 of 353