Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5311 replies. Last post 17 minutes ago by Tr0c12.

Page 175 of 355
PrintE-mailLink
Wimauma, FL
United States
Member #168858
September 20, 2015
132 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2016, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

The only chance of being ahead over a reasonable period of time (eg, a period of time of say 1 year plus of consistent play) will be if you hit a 50k+ prize.  And even with a 50k or 100k win, there are some who would not still not be ahead; depends on the frequency/density/price tier of a particular scratcher, and also how long the person has been playing obviously, when/if a big prize like that is hit.

Florida
    United States
    Member #172872
    February 7, 2016
    618 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2016, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

The only chance of being ahead over a reasonable period of time (eg, a period of time of say 1 year plus of consistent play) will be if you hit a 50k+ prize.  And even with a 50k or 100k win, there are some who would not still not be ahead; depends on the frequency/density/price tier of a particular scratcher, and also how long the person has been playing obviously, when/if a big prize like that is hit.

Sounds about right. 

So, why do you scratch then? Is it the enjoyment, and the elusive hope of hitting it big? 

Even though I know it is a "losing bet", I still find it fun to play scratch tickets. I think there could be worse addictions out there. Our losses from scratching goes toward education, such as the Florida Bright Futures scholarship.

Wimauma, FL
      United States
      Member #168858
      September 20, 2015
      132 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2016, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Sounds about right. 

So, why do you scratch then? Is it the enjoyment, and the elusive hope of hitting it big? 

Even though I know it is a "losing bet", I still find it fun to play scratch tickets. I think there could be worse addictions out there. Our losses from scratching goes toward education, such as the Florida Bright Futures scholarship.

Yep I'd say most of us (at least me) are playing for a big one.  I believe as long as you play within your means and not over do it (eg not using your mortgage money etc), why not take a shot.  Plus yeah there is a certain enjoyment.. However if you are a compulsive type, that enjoyment can become addictive, so it can be important to try to take emotion / enjoyment out of it.  These are just generalizations of course.  In general though I think it's important not to let the scratch-off thing overtake you, or become too much of a focus, especially if it has the potential to break you financially.

United States
        Member #159617
        October 2, 2014
        246 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2016, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Last week I was winning on everything and this week I been bent over by Florida Lottery. Is it just that last week I got crazy lucky or do you think the tickets where super hot. I think the tickets get really hot in my area then go super cold. Also anybody going to play the new $25 game today? I usually do good after a week being out I know the Florida cash ticket was on fire when it just came out hope it's the same for this new one.

United States
          Member #159617
          October 2, 2014
          246 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2016, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

I bought 3 new $25 tickets #000 loser #001 loser and get ready new roll different place #000 loser. Prob should of waited a week always do better once it gets towards the middle rolls on new ticket s.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            908 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2016, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Bought four of the new $25 tickets, one loser, two $25 winners one $30 winner.  Odds appear to be darn near exact to the 10,000,000 FL cash game

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #61435
              May 22, 2008
              908 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2016, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

LOL....

florida
                United States
                Member #98912
                October 16, 2010
                1276 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2016, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

i did the new 5 dollar ticket 000-011 all i got was 5 bucks --<snip> lick--luck--did 000-004 on 25 dollar ticket got 25 bucks --<snip> luck

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

United States
                  Member #159617
                  October 2, 2014
                  246 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2016, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I like the video buylow

SARASOTA, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95778
                    August 17, 2010
                    1093 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Played the new $10M FORTUNE scratcher today - the amount and type of wins I got is exactly like FlCash - got a couple $100's - nothing higher and the format is just like playing FlCash - the only benefit I can see is there are a lot of top prizes to win compared to what's left on FlCash - I found the new game boring. 

Got an email today from Lottery - my fortune says I should play the new game today !   LOL

What do you guys think ?

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Wimauma, FL
                      United States
                      Member #168858
                      September 20, 2015
                      132 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2016, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Played the new $10M FORTUNE scratcher today - the amount and type of wins I got is exactly like FlCash - got a couple $100's - nothing higher and the format is just like playing FlCash - the only benefit I can see is there are a lot of top prizes to win compared to what's left on FlCash - I found the new game boring. 

Got an email today from Lottery - my fortune says I should play the new game today !   LOL

What do you guys think ?

Haven't been able to find it yet.. stopped by 2-3 gas stations this morning, and this afternoon a Publix still didn't have it..

Orlando, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95015
                        August 1, 2010
                        255 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2016, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Haven't been able to find it yet.. stopped by 2-3 gas stations this morning, and this afternoon a Publix still didn't have it..

I checked both Publix stores and the Winn Dixie by my office but none have it yet.

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95778
                          August 17, 2010
                          1093 Posts
                          Posted: February 23, 2016, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

don't get too excited - it's a copycat of FlCash - you'd think the lottery would come out with something a little more interesting.

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            618 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2016, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

don't get too excited - it's a copycat of FlCash - you'd think the lottery would come out with something a little more interesting.

Hey Skeptic, haven't seen you on in a while. How are you? 

Yeah, that's what I noticed. The odds are almost exactly the same as FL Cash, except slightly worse $1000 odds I think. Same types of prizes, and same number. 

With 12 $1 million dollar prizes left on FL Cash, I'm thinking of sticking to FL Cash and maybe buying a few of the new tickets.I know there's alot of new prizes on the $10m Jackpot, but I'm thinking there's also alot more duds to go through unless the Lotto wants a certain number of big tickets to be found when a new ticket is released.

The $10 Flamingo Multiplier still has 8/8 jackpots, and $10 Holiday Cash still 2/2....

Also, the Lucky 200k A Year For Life seems to have had no updates. Is anyone playing that game? I've bought like 10 of those tickets, but only won on like 2 of them.

Wimauma, FL
                              United States
                              Member #168858
                              September 20, 2015
                              132 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2016, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

One of us needs to snag one of those 2mil multiplier top prizes..  LOL

Page 175 of 355