Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone ever worked for a Lottery?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by d1nnl2.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Massachusetts
United States
Member #78798
August 21, 2009
336 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I sent in an application for employment at the Massachusetts State Lotter today by mail. I will also send one by email. too. It is for a customer service rep position at the Lottery office in Woburn, MA which is close to my home. I applied for the same job last year around the same time but they werent interested in me. It is a job that I am qualified for. Most of the other jobs I am not qualified for and would have no chance getting. I will be 24 next month and I currently work at a Dunkin Donuts and been here for 5 years now. I would love to leave. Most times Im ashamed to say I work there. Thats why I play the lottery so I can quit. Being employed by the lottery would be the next best thing. According to the salary they pay on the job description, I would make more than double what I make at Dunkin Donuts full time in a year which would be amazing for me.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2013, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Good luck in getting that position Genome!   Lep

Would also be nice to do something your passionate about.  Lovies

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I sent in an application for employment at the Massachusetts State Lotter today by mail. I will also send one by email. too. It is for a customer service rep position at the Lottery office in Woburn, MA which is close to my home. I applied for the same job last year around the same time but they werent interested in me. It is a job that I am qualified for. Most of the other jobs I am not qualified for and would have no chance getting. I will be 24 next month and I currently work at a Dunkin Donuts and been here for 5 years now. I would love to leave. Most times Im ashamed to say I work there. Thats why I play the lottery so I can quit. Being employed by the lottery would be the next best thing. According to the salary they pay on the job description, I would make more than double what I make at Dunkin Donuts full time in a year which would be amazing for me.

if you work for the lottery, can you still buy lottery tickets?

Hampton Roads
        United States
        Member #114679
        August 5, 2011
        467 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2013, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

if you work for the lottery, can you still buy lottery tickets?

If you work for the Lottery commission in VA you or your immediate family MAY NOT play the lottery or claim any prizes.

LUCKYDOC,

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2013, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Working at Dunkin DonutS is not too bad; the job is good but the pay is not good. Digging ditches is a bad job and the pay is bad. 

Goodluck in your application!

That money's gone fo ever

London
            United Kingdom
            Member #140684
            March 24, 2013
            566 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Dunkin Donuts is better than a fast food joint such as McDonalds, just serving Coffee and Donuts. I would take a job there if I could, trying to apply for anything at the moment.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4102 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Working at Dunkin DonutS is not too bad; the job is good but the pay is not good. Digging ditches is a bad job and the pay is bad. 

Goodluck in your application!

I Could not tell whether you were being humorous or not Ringo but...lol.
              Personally- you can only eat so many donuts then its time to turn the page.
              Hope you get the job, it should be a recession proof employment,  unless you caught tampering with the lottery gaming machines..

White Bounce

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I Could not tell whether you were being humorous or not Ringo but...lol.
                Personally- you can only eat so many donuts then its time to turn the page.
                Hope you get the job, it should be a recession proof employment,  unless you caught tampering with the lottery gaming machines..

White Bounce

I say the job is good considering the economy and also what you have to do while at the job. The worst duty at Dunkin Donuts that I could think of is cleaning the bathrooms. Now compare it to being a nurse. Yes you make top dollar but you have to put up with the worst of the worst every single day. Bed pans, infected wounds...you get the picture. The pay at Dunkin Donuts is kinda low so that sucks.

That money's gone fo ever

Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #78798
                  August 21, 2009
                  336 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I dont know the rules about employees playing the lottery. But id be fine driving up to Salem, NH for my lottery fix and Rhode Island for their Million dollar raffle.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Hope you get the job Genome, Have FaithBlue Angel let us know how it turns out.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I dont know the rules about employees playing the lottery. But id be fine driving up to Salem, NH for my lottery fix and Rhode Island for their Million dollar raffle.

Salem is a fine town, although we used to burn Warlocks at the stake.  Let It All Out

(Not to be confused with burning witches in Salem, MA).   Hippy

Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #78798
                        August 21, 2009
                        336 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2013, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Hope you get the job Genome, Have FaithBlue Angel let us know how it turns out.

Thanks, yes I will let everyone know.

geerod2001's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                          canton,georgia
                          United States
                          Member #67345
                          November 23, 2008
                          28 Posts
                          Posted: March 28, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I worked for several years on various printing presses in Georgia(USA) that produced scratch lottery tickets for numerous country's worldwide.

It was a MOST interesting job.Learned a lot about prize structures, which are not favorable to us lottery players.

This company produced billions of tickets each year on several presses they operated 24/7 including some holidays.

A very lucrative business for state and other world goverment coffers.

Players are generally the LOSER'S playing this game.....................

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                            California
                            United States
                            Member #112364
                            June 17, 2011
                            661 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

If you work for a lottery in your state, they still allow you to play lottery from another state???

How about a nation wide lottery like MM or PB?

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2013, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

If you work for a lottery in your state, they still allow you to play lottery from another state???

How about a nation wide lottery like MM or PB?

I believe in Nc you can't play the lotto if you work for the lottery commission...that goes for scratch-offs and any multi and inter state games that they are part of