Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has anyone ever worked for a Lottery?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by d1nnl2.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CHERRY HILL, NJ
United States
Member #130213
July 9, 2012
387 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2013, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Mamma you might try improving your reading IQ...let me quote it for you "Most times Im ashamed to say I work there."  And I did not see you taking the time to give any real world advice.

I agree. I think he sealed his own fate. Never bite the hand that feeds you. I think the guy can be excused by his youth. He can afford to make more mistakes. He just needs to learn from them. Hopefully, this thread will make him realize his mistakes and he can change. As they say, whatever doesnt kill you is sure to make you better.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4954 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2013, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I think he sealed his own fate. Never bite the hand that feeds you. I think the guy can be excused by his youth. He can afford to make more mistakes. He just needs to learn from them. Hopefully, this thread will make him realize his mistakes and he can change. As they say, whatever doesnt kill you is sure to make you better.

Well said D1nnl2!

J'aime La France.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
      United States
      Member #130213
      July 9, 2012
      387 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2013, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Well said D1nnl2!

PartyI FINALLY GOT SOMEONE ON MY SIDE !   T H A N K S !

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Artist77:

I think you will have more success with him than you did with the I-Chipster.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4954 Posts
          Posted: March 28, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Artist77:

I think you will have more success with him than you did with the I-Chipster.

rofl...lol...lol...The ichipster was somewhat entertaining most of the time actually (except when he kept calling me a guy)but I forgot about him wanting to get a new job (was it at a bank or something?)

J'aime La France.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #133462
            September 30, 2012
            5946 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2013, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

rofl...lol...lol...The ichipster was somewhat entertaining most of the time actually (except when he kept calling me a guy)but I forgot about him wanting to get a new job (was it at a bank or something?)

Either in a bank or banking millions with his brilliant lottery strategies.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
              Nutley, New Jersey
              United States
              Member #131058
              August 1, 2012
              875 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2013, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Mamma you might try improving your reading IQ...let me quote it for you "Most times Im ashamed to say I work there."  And I did not see you taking the time to give any real world advice.

Maybe he feels ashamed of working there not because he thinks there is something wrong with his employer but maybe he feels ashamed of himself.

Krypton
                United States
                Member #140102
                March 11, 2013
                904 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2013, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I sent in an application for employment at the Massachusetts State Lotter today by mail. I will also send one by email. too. It is for a customer service rep position at the Lottery office in Woburn, MA which is close to my home. I applied for the same job last year around the same time but they werent interested in me. It is a job that I am qualified for. Most of the other jobs I am not qualified for and would have no chance getting. I will be 24 next month and I currently work at a Dunkin Donuts and been here for 5 years now. I would love to leave. Most times Im ashamed to say I work there. Thats why I play the lottery so I can quit. Being employed by the lottery would be the next best thing. According to the salary they pay on the job description, I would make more than double what I make at Dunkin Donuts full time in a year which would be amazing for me.

Good luck!  Hope you get the job. Not sure on the rules.

United States
                  Member #122468
                  February 1, 2012
                  530 Posts
                  Posted: March 29, 2013, 11:48 am - IP Logged

I sent in an application for employment at the Massachusetts State Lotter today by mail. I will also send one by email. too. It is for a customer service rep position at the Lottery office in Woburn, MA which is close to my home. I applied for the same job last year around the same time but they werent interested in me. It is a job that I am qualified for. Most of the other jobs I am not qualified for and would have no chance getting. I will be 24 next month and I currently work at a Dunkin Donuts and been here for 5 years now. I would love to leave. Most times Im ashamed to say I work there. Thats why I play the lottery so I can quit. Being employed by the lottery would be the next best thing. According to the salary they pay on the job description, I would make more than double what I make at Dunkin Donuts full time in a year which would be amazing for me.

Hi Genome,

Good luck to you. Hope you get hired at the Lottery.  I was afraid that if you were employed by the lottery you couldn't play the lottery anymore ,so have never applied for a job with a lottery (that and the fact that I don't live close to their headquarters). It seems you have gotten good advice from people. You have to remember that it's not uncommon for places like the lottery to get hundreds of applications for positions, so it might take you a few times of applying before getting a call back for an interview. Again the best of luck to you.

pillsbury's avatar - panda pistols.jpg

United States
                    Member #85220
                    January 11, 2010
                    655 Posts
                    Posted: March 29, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I think all of us regular players here "work" for the lottery whether we realize it or not.  LOL

Best of luck to you in your application!

geerod2001's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                      canton,georgia
                      United States
                      Member #67345
                      November 23, 2008
                      28 Posts
                      Posted: March 29, 2013, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Quality control is a VERY important concern with company's producing scratch tickets.

You have to understand that depending on the particular press and game being run,tickets are being produced at the rate of 1+ million/hr. Some very large games can run for several days straight.

The quality(viscosity's) of the inks being used in vat's are checked hourly by the ink tech's.The security inks (covering numbers)are run thru the most rigorous/elaborated test to assure the ticket cannot be broken.

And yes to your question about misprints,they do happen.

Every once in a while large jackpots are won by more player's than the top prizes were structured for. Mistakes occur just due to the shear volume of tickets being produced yearly.

It is a big headache for the various lottery's globally to deal with as the integrety of the lottery games are at stake.You have to also understand how high tech this operation is.It is awesome to see the amount of computers that they use to produce these games from the start(designing tickets) to the final shipment.

I will answer your question concerning how top prizes are seperated.Each games that is printed produces extra prize amounts during production due to waste.

You have to understand the large amount of wasted tickets that are produced in the printing of these games.So after the game is finished running the large rolls of tickets are sent to a production line which slices and dices the tickets into saran wrapped packets.Ticket pack size vary according to $$ amount of the ticket.

Then they go into boxes and employess from security sort out the duplicate tickets so that the prize structure is balanced out according to the contract spec's for that individual game.The computer's know where to find the various winning tickets in these hundred's of boxes that are awaiting shipment.

The game is then shipped out(truck and plane) to the State/Country lottery corporation.The tickets do not become activated until scanned by the local ticket agent(store) or dispensed from a lottery machine.

Note;The lottery's HATE  bad publicity concerning their business.They will go to geat lenghts to avoid it reaching the public's eye's/ears.............

Like I said earlier, quite an interestig job I had years ago.

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
                        Member #70550
                        February 5, 2009
                        120 Posts
                        Posted: March 29, 2013, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Best of luck, hope you get the job this time round

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #130213
                          July 9, 2012
                          387 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2013, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Quality control is a VERY important concern with company's producing scratch tickets.

You have to understand that depending on the particular press and game being run,tickets are being produced at the rate of 1+ million/hr. Some very large games can run for several days straight.

The quality(viscosity's) of the inks being used in vat's are checked hourly by the ink tech's.The security inks (covering numbers)are run thru the most rigorous/elaborated test to assure the ticket cannot be broken.

And yes to your question about misprints,they do happen.

Every once in a while large jackpots are won by more player's than the top prizes were structured for. Mistakes occur just due to the shear volume of tickets being produced yearly.

It is a big headache for the various lottery's globally to deal with as the integrety of the lottery games are at stake.You have to also understand how high tech this operation is.It is awesome to see the amount of computers that they use to produce these games from the start(designing tickets) to the final shipment.

I will answer your question concerning how top prizes are seperated.Each games that is printed produces extra prize amounts during production due to waste.

You have to understand the large amount of wasted tickets that are produced in the printing of these games.So after the game is finished running the large rolls of tickets are sent to a production line which slices and dices the tickets into saran wrapped packets.Ticket pack size vary according to $$ amount of the ticket.

Then they go into boxes and employess from security sort out the duplicate tickets so that the prize structure is balanced out according to the contract spec's for that individual game.The computer's know where to find the various winning tickets in these hundred's of boxes that are awaiting shipment.

The game is then shipped out(truck and plane) to the State/Country lottery corporation.The tickets do not become activated until scanned by the local ticket agent(store) or dispensed from a lottery machine.

Note;The lottery's HATE  bad publicity concerning their business.They will go to geat lenghts to avoid it reaching the public's eye's/ears.............

Like I said earlier, quite an interestig job I had years ago.

That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Besides the obvious, where are the players disadvantaged ?