Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if l borrowed $5.00 from you and ended up winning the lottery: is it your win as well?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2013, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Where I hang out people need money cuz they broke.

Sorry to hear that.  I was disappointed to see your "Do Some Numb..." thread was shut down.  Somewhat premature since you didn't seem to come to any definite conclusions, at least none regarding your subset size conjectures.  Maybe I missed something.  What subset of 56 MM numbers did you decide was the optimal one from which to choose your sets of 5: 12, 15, 28, 35, or 38?  If you forgot, maybe Stack47 can remember.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2013, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear that.  I was disappointed to see your "Do Some Numb..." thread was shut down.  Somewhat premature since you didn't seem to come to any definite conclusions, at least none regarding your subset size conjectures.  Maybe I missed something.  What subset of 56 MM numbers did you decide was the optimal one from which to choose your sets of 5: 12, 15, 28, 35, or 38?  If you forgot, maybe Stack47 can remember.

Sorry you missed the fireworks Jammy. Even though I got 5 times BETTER ODDS using a subset of 28 each draw I think 2 times BETTER ODDS is more likely a safe consistant goal. I have been hitting the bonus numbers on average every 18 draws which cuts the over all odds in half. When is the last time you had 5 QP lines with the correct bonus number on all 5 lines Jammy?

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2013, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

if you never borrowed money from the government and ended up winning the lottery, why do they take half the money?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

There's a difference between being broke and not having any cash at a particular moment. Depending on what I've bought recently and whether or not I've been to the bank there are times when I could walk into a car dealership and buy a $50,000 car but I can't walk into a convenience store and buy a lottery ticket.

I'd assume that most of the time that somebody wants to borrow a few bucks, regardless of what it's for, it's simply because they don't have cash, though I'm sure some people hang out in circles where that's not the case.

You've said before that you intended to spend about $20 a year on Powerball.

I seriously doubt that anybody who knows you and your "frugality" would ever consider asking you for a loan.

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2013, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you missed the fireworks Jammy. Even though I got 5 times BETTER ODDS using a subset of 28 each draw I think 2 times BETTER ODDS is more likely a safe consistant goal. I have been hitting the bonus numbers on average every 18 draws which cuts the over all odds in half. When is the last time you had 5 QP lines with the correct bonus number on all 5 lines Jammy?

$23 - That's great!

Hey, if you're happy with your results, that's all that counts.  This should help offset some of those $90 and $100 losing days you posted the tickets for.

I can safely say I NEVER received a 5 line QP with the same bonus number on each line, winning ticket or otherwise.

BTW, what WAS your total outlay and wins over the 18 draws?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3316 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2013, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

people with money, but never in their pocket are the worst to hang out with.  seriously, if it happened i wouldld think half is in order. without my $5 they would have nothing and should be thankful for having anything.  lets just say the capital loan, requires shares, even tho it still needs to be paid back.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2013, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

people with money, but never in their pocket are the worst to hang out with.  seriously, if it happened i wouldld think half is in order. without my $5 they would have nothing and should be thankful for having anything.  lets just say the capital loan, requires shares, even tho it still needs to be paid back.

"people with money, but never in their pocket are the worst to hang out with."

Tell me about it.

They're known as cheapskates.

And I've known too many of 'em over my lifetime.

They give me an itch I just can't scratch.

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: April 4, 2013, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

All you people who think it's "crazy" or otherwise ill-advised to borrow money to play the lottery are being a little unfair to our "serious" players here - maybe even insulting.  I'm surprised you're not being called down by these players for your blasphemy.  I've seen system players boast of returns ranging from 200% to as high as 500%.  So, with the right player, it might be a good investment to back them.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2013, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

No, what you do with what I lend you is up to you. Just remember all the good things i did in helping you in any way. And forget all the bad experiences. lol