Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida's Billion Dollar Blockbuster

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Win$500Quick.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
malden, ma
United States
Member #66459
October 26, 2008
10 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2013, 8:02 am - IP Logged

My theory is that the game gave away the big prizes too quick and the the FL Lotto had to put the brakes on.

Hollywood, fl
    United States
    Member #140096
    March 10, 2013
    376 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2013, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

My theory is that the game gave away the big prizes too quick and the the FL Lotto had to put the brakes on.

Well it's been out for almost 4 years, and only about half the prizes are won so who knows

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Port Orange, Florida
      United States
      Member #133398
      September 28, 2012
      163 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I think it's because the tics were too hard to scratch. I scratched off the serial code once and you could not read the numbers. Plus there a lot more winners are blockbuster than any other $20 game. bDB was my fav tix until I couldn't scratch them anymore. Not being easy to scratch made me stop playing.

Hollywood, fl
        United States
        Member #140096
        March 10, 2013
        376 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2013, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Well someone just claimed a $1,00,000 prize today so apparently there still out there

Found a store with the display card but they were out

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #62713
          July 6, 2008
          3715 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I think it's because the tics were too hard to scratch. I scratched off the serial code once and you could not read the numbers. Plus there a lot more winners are blockbuster than any other $20 game. bDB was my fav tix until I couldn't scratch them anymore. Not being easy to scratch made me stop playing.

That happemed to me twice once for $20 and Once for $100. I had to wait to go to the DO and get them cashed. Green laugh

Keep moving Forward.

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #62713
            July 6, 2008
            3715 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2013, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Well someone just claimed a $1,00,000 prize today so apparently there still out there

Found a store with the display card but they were out

I saw that this morning on Florida Lottery website, I guess your right they are still out there. I really dont care to much for this game.  besides the tickets being very hard to scratch, I myself have never won anything over $100 on this game. I have won 1k on all $20 games except GRT and BDB. But atleast I got $500 on GRT a few times.

Keep moving Forward.

Hollywood, fl
              United States
              Member #140096
              March 10, 2013
              376 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2013, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

That happemed to me twice once for $20 and Once for $100. I had to wait to go to the DO and get them cashed. Green laugh

I got a $4 winner on snowbirds that I scratched off the barcode, is it worth getting cashed if I mail it to the DO?

Orlando, FL
                United States
                Member #142100
                May 2, 2013
                5 Posts
                Posted: May 9, 2013, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

As of 2pm today if you go to the Florida lottery site and look for remaining prizes BDB is off the list. So I'm guessing that the rumor is true they might be re-lauching it.

Pinellas Park FL
                  United States
                  Member #142386
                  May 10, 2013
                  40 Posts
                  Posted: May 10, 2013, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I went to my local food mart today and the lottery removed all BDB from the shelf-the cashier told me that they may relaunch the games or may not (the game was not a big seller).

So all BDB will be removed....

Miami, Florida
                    United States
                    Member #111795
                    June 2, 2011
                    581 Posts
                    Posted: May 10, 2013, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

If that happens, it will be BS. There were still like 70 prizes of $1 Million, and 5 of the $10 Million....I never hit even $500 on that game, and it was the least-rewarding game of the twenty dollar scratch offs.

Orlando, FL
                      United States
                      Member #142100
                      May 2, 2013
                      5 Posts
                      Posted: May 10, 2013, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I just got off the phone with the Florida Lottery customer service number and I was told that as of the 17th of this month this game will end. There will be no re-launch either but maybe a similar game with similar prizes. She also told me that due to the amount of complains about the BDB ticket being hard to sratch that they decided to end it. I then ask but wouldn't it be easier when re-printing to fix the hard scratch issue and also about what will happen with the remaining prizes but was told that those prizes are funded based on sale and that as of right now they will pay any winner tickets out there but that's it.

I'm with OldSchoolHits on this one. I really don't like this kinda of move from the FLA lottery because with all the prizes remaining and no re-lauch, they also never put how many second tier prizes remain on their site. This just makes me not wanting to buy sratch offs in the future.

Pinellas Park FL
                        United States
                        Member #142386
                        May 10, 2013
                        40 Posts
                        Posted: May 10, 2013, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

That sucks....the other $20 dollar games have only 1 or two winners left-I did pretty well on the BDB-one $500 and at least 10 $100 winners...

They should at least add more $20 games...

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                          Jacksonville Florida
                          United States
                          Member #23018
                          October 6, 2005
                          937 Posts
                          Posted: May 10, 2013, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

The link to BDB on the Florida Lottery website is gone and the mention of the game on the Ending Games page shows the BDB name with no active link.

So, by ending it early with a lot of prizes left, instead of Billion Dollar Blockbuster, I guess it was more like $100 Million Dollar Blockbuster.

It's like they are distancing themselves from this game and want it to go away.

New mantra required of the masses:
                          "There was no Billion Dollar Blockbuster game, There was no Billion Dollar Blockbuster game, There was no Billion Dollar Blockbuster game..."

largo, florida
                            United States
                            Member #142389
                            May 10, 2013
                            3 Posts
                            Posted: May 10, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

This was my favorite game to play - sparingly I might add. Compared to all the other $20 tickets, this one had the best odds and most grand prizes available. That's the only reason why I played it. The looooong shot chance of getting a BIG ONE.  As it was, I did really good on this game. Recently won $100 and $30 on 2 of 3 tickets purchased over the past 2 weeks. Unless you hit it big on a game, over the long run if you bother to keep track of W/L, you'll find you've lost far more than you won. This game for me was different. I broke even/ made a small profit from playing over the past 2 years, simply because I kept winning 20, 25, 30 50 and 100 on them.

I guess it was a few months back I noticed they had disappeared from the vending machines, and then most of the stores. I found them in the liquor store next to my publix. Then today I went in to get one and they told me that some guy called, told them to pull them and then later came by and took all the remaining tickets.

FLaLottery site unceremoniously pulled them with imo, no warning. Why are they already pulling them a week before the last official selling day? That's a load of BS. something sure stinks!

As others mentioned, some guy JUST won 1MM on it on the 7th. Leaving 5 of 10 10MM prizes and 68? of 120 1MM prizes. Still better remaining prizes than any of the other 20 or 25 scratchers.

Regarding the hard to scratch - I thought that was just me. And BDB is not the only game that's hard to scratch. I found that a pocket knife worked great for me - some bear grillis folding knife my bro gave me. Found it good for something.

From people I've talked to/lottery vendors I don't buy it for one second that the FL is saying it wasn't popular. 

I think the real story is this game was a much better deal for the player than the state and the state wants to get all it can. They probably hope that by pulling BDB, dollars will flow to the crappier games.  For most cases, probably so. For me, nope. To quote Marshall Mathers, "One of those fingers on each hand up."

I'm probably going to boycott florida lottery scratchers now as this move by the state clearly shows they are about as honest as a back alley dice game.

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                              Port Orange, Florida
                              United States
                              Member #133398
                              September 28, 2012
                              163 Posts
                              Posted: May 10, 2013, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

So when did FL Lottery decide to pull BDB?  They typically list the games ending soon months before they end. bDB was not listed as of a couple days ago. It maybe listed now ( I didn't check). I don't see how they could end a game with so many winners left. I know the last few times I played was dud after dud. So on top of all duds they were hard to scratch. I think they didn't have enough lower tier tickets left to I continue to play and the big winners never were printed. It's a shame. Just like some one posted about the $25 tics winners left. There really isn't anything left and its a fairly new game. I guess it's best to only play the newer games so at least you can hit some winners. I'm surprised that Gold Rush still had winners left. they better come out with a decent fame loaded with winners. I really wish FL Lotto would liter all remaining prizes left like other states.