Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida's Billion Dollar Blockbuster

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Win$500Quick.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #62713
July 6, 2008
3715 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2013, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

So when did FL Lottery decide to pull BDB?  They typically list the games ending soon months before they end. bDB was not listed as of a couple days ago. It maybe listed now ( I didn't check). I don't see how they could end a game with so many winners left. I know the last few times I played was dud after dud. So on top of all duds they were hard to scratch. I think they didn't have enough lower tier tickets left to I continue to play and the big winners never were printed. It's a shame. Just like some one posted about the $25 tics winners left. There really isn't anything left and its a fairly new game. I guess it's best to only play the newer games so at least you can hit some winners. I'm surprised that Gold Rush still had winners left. they better come out with a decent fame loaded with winners. I really wish FL Lotto would liter all remaining prizes left like other states.

I really wish FL Lotto would liter all remaining prizes left like other states

I totally agree. I think its total BS they don't do this. In my opinion is that if they do this it will hurt sales.

Keep moving Forward.

Hollywood, fl
    United States
    Member #140096
    March 10, 2013
    376 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone called the lottery about this, I wonder what they would say

If I get time ill try to call them later on

Luckytreasure's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Port Orange, Florida
      United States
      Member #133398
      September 28, 2012
      163 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about all my typos and words mixing up.  I have a hard time writing on this forum for some reason. I use my iPad and all my words must auto correct to whatever it feels like. I need to start prof reading more often. Regardless they better have an announcement on Blockbuster. This is crap. FL lotto has a lot of explaining to do. They have games still going with no big winners left!!

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #62713
        July 6, 2008
        3715 Posts
        Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about all my typos and words mixing up.  I have a hard time writing on this forum for some reason. I use my iPad and all my words must auto correct to whatever it feels like. I need to start prof reading more often. Regardless they better have an announcement on Blockbuster. This is crap. FL lotto has a lot of explaining to do. They have games still going with no big winners left!!

They have games still going with no big winners left!!

Not only that they have games going with no lower tiers prizes left. Mad

Keep moving Forward.

largo, florida
          United States
          Member #142389
          May 10, 2013
          3 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2013, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Other than the fact that BDB has been out for a few years making it one of the oldest games still current (until today that is), it doesn't make sense to pull it. It still showed plenty of major prizes outstanding. Compare that to a bunch of other scratchers that have ZERO grand prizes left but yet they are still available for sale.

I agree. The F.L. has some explaning to do. Although I don't think any explanation is going to hold water. Just a lame excuse most likely.

F.L. needs more transparency. They took their good old time getting around to listing remaining grand prizes when other state lotteries had been doing that for YEARS. Now it's time to list the other intermediary prizes. Say, any prize worth $1000 and up.

Miami, Florida
            United States
            Member #111795
            June 2, 2011
            581 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2013, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Month after month, we see the Florida Lottery posting about "record-breaking" sales of scratch-offs. Now they are eliminating the one game that still had 70 prizes of a million, and 5 prizes of 10 million???? That's a bare minimum of $120 million dollars that will be unavailable to the people who play scratch offs. That's an entire game full of prizes, and it's the hook for that particular game. The odds at the lower tier prizes, the $20, 25, and 50 dollar prize levels---are the worst of any $20 game in Florida. Why??? Because the "odds" at hitting a million are the best odds of any game!!! BDB was never a good game for the intermediate prizes compared to the other games, you have a 1 in 50 chance at hitting $50 bucks, compared to a 1 in 30 chance in a couple other $20 games, including Gold Rush--which by far has the best odds at hitting $500, and I have seen that prove true time and time again. I've hit $500 a good, solid number of times on Gold Rush, and NOT ONCE on Billion Dollar Blockbuster, with a 1 in 545 chance at hitting 500, compared to 1 in 196 for Gold Rush. Why??? Because Billion Dollar Blockbuster gives the best odds at a million....well, not if it's ended early and those prizes aren't made available. That's a really dirty move by the lotto. They raked in how much money since the inception of BDB in 2009? And now they get out of paying at least $120 million dollars to the people who play. That's 70+ millionaires that won't be.

Orlando, FL
              United States
              Member #142100
              May 2, 2013
              5 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2013, 8:27 am - IP Logged

I think we should contact the news media outlet and see if they can investigate. I will email a few of them today.

einnhojb's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Lake Mary, fl
                United States
                Member #114913
                August 9, 2011
                17 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2013, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I finally received an answer from the lotto office about the  BDB:

Dear Florida Lottery Player,

Thank you for writing the Florida Lottery. In response to your email,  in March of this year, the Lottery made the decision to remove the Billion Dollar Blockbuster ticket from Lottery retailer’s orderable games inventory.  This was done to make room for the introduction of newer, exciting Scratch-Off games and to ensure that the quality of Scratch-Off game play remains high. 

The Florida Lottery began selling the $20 Billion Dollar Blockbuster ticket in February 2009 – more than four years ago.  Although the Lottery expected the game to be sold out by now, it has been experiencing declining sales for some time.  In addition, the age of the ticket has resulted in some players having difficulty scratching off the numbers.

The Lottery’s goal is to keep its portfolio of games fresh and exciting so that players will have a broad selection of fun and appealing games to choose from.  It is also important that Scratch-Off games be available statewide to be enjoyed by all players.

On May 9, 2013, the Lottery instructed retailers to remove any remaining tickets from sale.  The game will officially end on Friday May 17.  Players will have until July 16, 2013, to redeem any Billion Dollar Blockbuster tickets they have purchased.

If you should have additional questions, please write back or contact the Customer Service office at (850) 487-7787 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and a representative will gladly assist you.

Sincerely,

Florida Lottery Customer Service  |  Asklott:jam
                Florida Lottery 

Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32301

largo, florida
                  United States
                  Member #142389
                  May 10, 2013
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Interesting excuse.

check out the remaining prizes on FL site (i tried to include the link but got a stupid warning thinking i was spamming)

and tell me if you were to play BDB or  game 1109 (1MM Monopoly) or say, 1063, 3MM monopoly, or 1133, 1136, 1144, 1152, or 1159, etc., based on remaining grand prizes, which would YOU want to play? 

Another issue I have is many of these games are not sold in a single batch. No wonder BDB was still out there for sale after 4 years. Just HOW many tickets do they need to print? If they are so concerned about aging tickets and keeping up the 'EXCITEMENT' they seem to think is so important, then maybe they should introduce MORE games more often and make a single print run of each game. Then (assuming they are telling the truth) we know that ALL prizes are out there and not just theoretically existing.

I see a lot of commenters on here complaining that they didn't win as much on BDB as they have on other high priced scratch tickets. I have only bought a few other $10-20 tickets and hadn't won on any of them, so in my personal experience, I did REALLY well on BDB. Maybe I was just lucky on this one. My strategy was to just buy one ticket when I felt lucky. Do a lot of people tend to buy several at once or keep buying one after another until they win something (up to whatever their session budget is?) Curious.

FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #127998
                    May 14, 2012
                    404 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2013, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

This is unbelievable, if they would have released prizes people would have kept buying, I have never hit over a hundred on this game, just losing ticket after losing ticket.  They hoarded all the winning tickets to the point of people stop buying them...what next to go spectacular, i buy them all the time and end in the same result..loser after loser.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Pinellas Park FL
                      United States
                      Member #142386
                      May 10, 2013
                      40 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2013, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Yep it's BS....I did well on BDB-now what??? I played flamingo and broke even....tried the $5 games and lost $40-

I guess I'll try GRT since others have done well-

Figures the FL lottery would pull the only game with lots of winners out there...

I think it's BS that the lottery said the BDB game wasn't popular-well no sh**...I could never find it...I had to drive 15 miles to a food mart that still carried it.

Hollywood, fl
                        United States
                        Member #140096
                        March 10, 2013
                        376 Posts
                        Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Yep it's BS....I did well on BDB-now what??? I played flamingo and broke even....tried the $5 games and lost $40-

I guess I'll try GRT since others have done well-

Figures the FL lottery would pull the only game with lots of winners out there...

I think it's BS that the lottery said the BDB game wasn't popular-well no sh**...I could never find it...I had to drive 15 miles to a food mart that still carried it.

I talked to a place that said there re releasing it with a new look and easier to scratch

Since they just ended jubilee as well maybe it will come out with the next batch of tickets

Pinellas Park FL
                          United States
                          Member #142386
                          May 10, 2013
                          40 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2013, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Well that will be a little better.....

Down $40 already played GRT and broke even...played 200Million and lost $40

malden, ma
                            United States
                            Member #66459
                            October 26, 2008
                            10 Posts
                            Posted: May 14, 2013, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

The FL excuse is complete bs. They knew that the odd were too good and will not be able to earn enough profit due to the pay outs. I bet someone got fired after the game was release with such nice odds.

Miami, Florida
                              United States
                              Member #111795
                              June 2, 2011
                              581 Posts
                              Posted: May 14, 2013, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

The FL excuse is complete bs. They knew that the odd were too good and will not be able to earn enough profit due to the pay outs. I bet someone got fired after the game was release with such nice odds.

Actually, the odds for Billion Dollar Blockbuster weren't good at all. Sure, the odds at a million were the best chance at hitting money like that, but the odds at the lower-tiered prize levels were awful. That's what is so deceptive and despicable about this whole situation--the only benefit for BDB was that you had a better chance at hitting a million dollars. Otherwise, odds at breaking even, winning twenty-five, thirty, and fifty dollars were the worst odds for any $20 game. The odds at hitting a hundred were only slightly better than GRT and Jubilee, and the odds at hitting five hundred were completely terrible. 1 in 545 was the chance at hitting $500, compared to 1 in 196 for GRT. So, the odds were not at all good on Billion Dollar Blockbuster. The ONLY hope you had was that you would be one of the 70 remaining people to win a million bucks, or one of the 5 people who would be able to win $10 million. The game was out for 4 years, raking in profit after profit, and half of the top prizes still remained. Then they just flat out end the game. What a scam.