Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you a creature of habit when purchasing your lottery tickets?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: April 21, 2013, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

onlymoney,

"It's just like that other thread about why certain states win the PB more often. It's because the populations are larger, therefore there will be more winners."

You really need to inform yourself before sharing your vast knowledge. Indiana has had the most Powerball winners.

Hardly the largest population of the PB states.

How do YOU account for PB and MM winners who bought their tickets in low volume stores and/or low population states?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: April 21, 2013, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

How do YOU account for PB and MM winners who bought their tickets in low volume stores and/or low population states?

Everyone odds of winning are the same, while a general overall picture might show most winners are from the most populated areas, the winners can be from anywhere.  It's the ticket that wins, not the area.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

onlymoney,

"It's just like that other thread about why certain states win the PB more often. It's because the populations are larger, therefore there will be more winners."

You really need to inform yourself before sharing your vast knowledge. Indiana has had the most Powerball winners.

I never said the most, I meant "In general". It's basic math skills. You'll shoot more fish in a barrel filled with 20 fish, than a barrel with only 5 fish.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4107 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I never said the most, I meant "In general". It's basic math skills. You'll shoot more fish in a barrel filled with 20 fish, than a barrel with only 5 fish.

Coin Toss does have a point OM.- you need to inform yourself first.This shooting from the hip wont do.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2013, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss does have a point OM.- you need to inform yourself first.This shooting from the hip wont do.

With all due respect, you're stranger than I anticipated. After reading this, I have no choice but to end the discussion right here and now. Disapprove

Thanks for the tip BTW, I'll start informing myself from this point on..What was I thinking?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2013, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

onlymoney,

"You really need to inform yourself before sharing your vast knowledge. Indiana has had the most Powerballwinners.

Hardly the largest population of the PB states."

It should be noted before its surrounding states added PowerBall, Indiana had a lot of players from surrounding states.  In fact, one of Ohioians biggest PB win was in Indiana.  A group of machinists from Columbus calling themselves the lucky seven won that jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking