Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I am done buying MM & PB tickets and balls are rigged IMHO...

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Bluegal1.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2013, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

These are the reasons

1. The east coast is more densely populated than the west coast.

2. East coast residents play the lottery religiously. NY, MA, FL lotteries lead in lottery revenues nationwide.

3. The west coast lotteries stop selling PB tickets at around 7:00pm and most east coast cut off time is 10 pm. If the stores open for business from 7 am - 11 pm then west coast business will only get to sell tickets for 12 hours before cut off time. In the east coast if the stores open from 7 am - 11pm then businesses get to sell tickets for 15 hours. The west loses 3 hours.

4. Gravity lol

it's 7pm pacific time or 10pm eastern time. both east and west coast close at the same time

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4144 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

1 Timothy 6:10

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows"

Looks like you've been pierced Bigtime Tony,lost way too much on your wager there bud?

Evil Looking

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2013, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

it's 7pm pacific time or 10pm eastern time. both east and west coast close at the same time

Even though RedStang has proven that it does not matter because Cali outsold NY & FL I will show you how the time differences affect Californians.

A typical convenience store runs from 7 am to 11 pm. When the California cutoff time arrives, the stores over there will have had a chance to sell tickets for only 12 hours. In MA on the other hand, by the time the cutoff time arrives, 10pm, the stores here will have been selling tickets for 15 hours. A 3 hour advantage for the east coast.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

No one else notice that both jp mm and pb were won back to back. And with pb just one ticket hits. Sounds kinda fishy.

I like fish.  Yes Nod

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

It does seem odd that California can't win.

They made a real nice stab at it spending $46 million. Thank for the money Ca.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Even though RedStang has proven that it does not matter because Cali outsold NY & FL I will show you how the time differences affect Californians.

A typical convenience store runs from 7 am to 11 pm. When the California cutoff time arrives, the stores over there will have had a chance to sell tickets for only 12 hours. In MA on the other hand, by the time the cutoff time arrives, 10pm, the stores here will have been selling tickets for 15 hours. A 3 hour advantage for the east coast.

Good point. Timing is everything when it comes to buying a winning ticket.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

The odds are horrible. I just wonder how many people drained accts trying for that
              $600M?
              When you consider odds of 1 in 175M+ for the jackpot win, it should be clear that
              you're probably not going to win.
              Anyone can win, it takes one ticket...boy, whoever invented that slogan knew what
              a sticking point it would be. It's true but to buy one ticket then complain about not
              winning is not realistic. Neither is buying 100 tickets...the odds are stacked against
              you.
              One day you might be that lucky (unlucky) sucker...but until then if you play you
              might as well make it as painless as possible. Buy one ticket and when you don't
              win, get over it or quit altogether.

Roger that, dr.  I Agree!

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

The odds are horrible. I just wonder how many people drained accts trying for that
                $600M?
                When you consider odds of 1 in 175M+ for the jackpot win, it should be clear that
                Anyone can win, it takes one ticket...boy, whoever invented that slogan knew what
                a sticking point it would be. It's true but to buy one ticket then complain about not
                winning is not realistic. Neither is buying 100 tickets...the odds are stacked against
                you.
                One day you might be that lucky (unlucky) sucker...but until then if you play you
                might as well make it as painless as possible. Buy one ticket and when you don't

2 tickets have BETTER ODDS than one ticket. If you don't like your odds, buy more tickets.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

$600M?
                  you.

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Down

Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Down

What is wrong with youWhat?

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

What is wrong with youWhat?

I'm I wrong because I don't agree with dr.? What if I don't want to "get over it" or "quit" ?

Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm I wrong because I don't agree with dr.? What if I don't want to "get over it" or "quit" ?

dr is talking about those that complain.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

dr is talking about those that complain.

Right, but in the mean time he is crying like a little school girl and calling players "unlucky suckers"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4144 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2013, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Right, but in the mean time he is crying like a little school girl and calling players "unlucky suckers"

There are no losers in LP- we let this one go, we aiming for the $1 billion jackpot. This jp last night was way too low.