Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

State Raffles. What are your thoughts on them?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 3 years ago by PrisonerSix.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Massachusetts
United States
Member #78798
August 21, 2009
336 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2013, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I liked the Massachusetts lottery raffle when it was the $10 million raffle for the new years drawing back in 2012. Even though the tickets were $20, I liked that they had set prizes. 1 7 million winner, 1 1 million winner, 20 $50,000 winners and 1,000 $1,000 winners. There were much more chances to win. And I liked having that big $7,000,000 prize because almost all other state lotteries top prize was $1,000,000. 

These past 2 50/50 rafrfles I havent won anything on them. I bought 14 tickets total for the 4th of July one. I also had 4 Connecticut 4th of July Super Draw tickets. Didn't win anything on those either. Also, when Rhode Island has their new year raffle, I always buy tickets for those. I bought one RI ticket for their raffle earlier this year, but I didn't win annything. I like raffles and wish there was another one soon because I like that they are the best odds to win a big prize. But I wish MA still had the 10 million raffle.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4783 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, Artist.

I like the game. It plays twice a day, seven days a week and you can play for a quarter, half buck or a dollar for 25k, 50k or 100k on a 5/34 game with odds of 1 in 278,256 for the jackpot.

And it's a real ball drawing, no fake computer hocus-pocus, 3 Card Monty style drawings like Tennessee.

Not a single number....lol.  I have played about 6 times now and have had zero luck.

J'aime La France.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
      Connecticut
      United States
      Member #61623
      May 29, 2008
      20581 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2013, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Won nothing from Pa or CT, but that was expected. Next time i'll get 1 instead of 2.

I know a few people who buy heaps of the Connectcut raffles yet after all this time, I know no one including myself who has even got the 100 dollar prize that are so abundant.

It doesn't sit well with me actually and I prolly won't play it in the future.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2013, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Not a single number....lol.  I have played about 6 times now and have had zero luck.

Bummer...

I've had a lot worse streaks than that my ownself though, lol.

Better luck next time.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5114 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2013, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I personally love Raffles that are run by lottery commissions. Usually the raffle price is higher ($10 or $20 a ticket) but the odds of winning are much higher than even Cash 5 games. I bought 3 PA Millionaire Raffle tickets when I vacationed there in May. The draw is July 6, 2013. The odds of winning $1M are 1:125,000 and even better for the many small prizes.  I would have bought the Illinois ones if it were possible to buy online directly from the Illinois lottery commission. Thoughts?

MGM:

Raffles were a big $$$$$$$$$$$ topic in a group of people Psyko was hang'n

round..................$$$$$$$$$$$350,000 was WON by friend ND group and he

was more excited >>> than maby HIS FRIEND>>>who WON D "MONEY"$$$

Psyko got a little >>> "HEY BRO>>>how much did yoe friend spend"???

Party$20.00 Party

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

MGM:

Raffles were a big $$$$$$$$$$$ topic in a group of people Psyko was hang'n

round..................$$$$$$$$$$$350,000 was WON by friend ND group and he

was more excited >>> than maby HIS FRIEND>>>who WON D "MONEY"$$$

Psyko got a little >>> "HEY BRO>>>how much did yoe friend spend"???

Party$20.00 Party

You got a lucky friend Psyko. I hope he bought you lunch when he won. I would have Sad Cheers

That money's gone fo ever

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              699 Posts
              Posted: July 15, 2013, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Louisiana has done raffles in past years and I've played as both an individual and member of a group. Never won anything, but there's always hope. I like the raffles and if Louisiana does one this year, I'll pay $10 for a ticket, or two.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"