Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's next?

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 3 years ago by lottoburg.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I like the keen attention to detail and data.

Do you use a TFR to filter picks?

I was just curious but where you responsible for the stopping of AON game with your intense relentless analysis?

Not sure what TFR means.
Actually, I don't do any filtering, per se.
It's imagination, intuition, experience, and in some situations, WAGs (wild a.. guesses)
No, I didn't play All or Nothing.
What happened is someone at TLC suddenly realized that, given the ability of some players to freuently choose correct numbers, the lottery bank could
take a huge hit.
To prevent that from happening, they are changing the rules so that  the jackpot payout will be parimutual when there are 20 plus jackpot
winners.
Of course, players hoping to win $250,000 are going to be upset when they end up winning a lower amount.
It's all about protecting state profits. and employee careers.
The game will restart after hearings required by law are completed.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19821 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I like the keen attention to detail and data.

Do you use a TFR to filter picks?

I was just curious but where you responsible for the stopping of AON game with your intense relentless analysis?

Are TFR and AON GailHoward's speech?  You might get an answer if the meaning of those terms were known by the persons you are asking the questions.  Most lottery players have never read any of GH books.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
      Burnsville
      United States
      Member #107244
      March 4, 2011
      853 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2013, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Hey bobby623,

Let's see if this makes any sense to you and can possbily help you out. I put all the strings into this and looked for what I was talking about.  I just split them up into sets of 6 digits and put them into it, so I know they're what you gave me exactly. I haven't switched it to vertical yet, but can and will if you think this may help. I figured I'd explain it here and show you how I would use it, then if you thought it may help, you could always refer to here if I wasn't around.

What this does is it just brings up the pairs in the string so you can see them easier. I color coded each differently to make tracking them easier and faster.

In column A rows 4 thru 19 are the pairs that are possible out of all the digits in the string. 11 to 44.

Column B rows 4 thru 19 are how many times each pair hs showed up in the string. With D there giving you the percentage for each. Each time you add a string, it will take it into account and adjust the percentage accordingly.

Now row 1 is just a counter setup. It basicly counts the digits 1 thru whatever. Right now it's set up for 1,373 digits in the string. Your on 429 as of the last ones you sent me, so you got a ways to go. And extending this further as needed is easy. But those counters just count.

In row 2 in the yellow is taking all the counters inside row 1 and summing them up to their whole number single digit form. I'll get into why for that to after I show what and all is what.

Row 4, in column AM you see an 8. That 8 is the start of the pair of 44. 4+4=8. Just simple addition. Beside that in AN row 4 is another 8. That's the end of your 44 pair in the string. If you look straight down from that first 8 there in column AM you can see it lands on the first 4 in the pair.  I turned the 44 into 8 because that's it's added together sum is all. I did the same thing to each pair that you have possible. 43 becomes 7, 42 becomes 6 and so on. Every digit you add to the string in row 20 will pop up the pairs sum on the chart above it.

Now the tricky part. Using my limited explaining skills to see if this might help and to show what I was looking for.

With strings like this. I look at them like a timer. Like boiling an egg. Every second that it's boiling, there is a reaction inside the egg happening. If that makes sense. Every egg is different, but the process is the same each and every time. Depending on staying the same temp that is. But anyway, what I'm trying to get at is, I'm thinking that there is a "something" for lack of a word to explain what I'm thinking, that happens and it sets off a reaction on a timed scale. And if that is where I'm headed with this.

For starters in trying to explain what and how I am thinking to use this, I went ahead and highlighted some examples. I'm using the pair of 23 for this.

If you look at 23 it's simply alternate forms of either 1 or 5. 3-2=1 or 2+3=5. So now you have your sums of 5 or 1. If you look in column S where the first part of the 23 pair showed up, at the top of S in row 2, that is the added sum of 14. But 5 is a match there. These are not hypothetical situations now. This is using the data you gave me and how it came out. Look at the next 23 pairing and it's sum of 5 showing. It came in on column X. Column X was the 19th digit over in your string. 19 has a total of 1 added. Or 8 subtracted. 23 has a sum of 1 if subtracted. The 1 matched up to the 1 sum of 19. And for the third pairing of 23 in this string, it started in column AB. I'll let you look at what is in rows 1 and 2 there and hopefully you'll see where I'm going with this.

Look at the first pairing of 43. It's a sum of 1 or 7. It started in column L. The first pair of 34 started in column F. 34 comes from 1 or 7. First pair of 24 starts in column K. 24 is either 2 or 6. Take all the pairs of 33 here. 33 is either 0 or 6. The first pairs of 33 starts on column M and is on the 8th counter, But it goes into another pair of 33 directly off that pair. Now that 8 in M1 and M2 is not 6, but it's connected. And the second pair of 33 starts on N and is on counter 9. Here is where your probably going to start questioning this. LOL. I hope not, so just see if it makes sense to you before thinking I'm totally nuts.

We have 33 pair followed by 33 pair if going thru this making pairs with each new digit placed into the string. For every 3 digits you put in, you're going to have two pairs come out of it. Let's say that 8 is connected to 6. You have triple 3's there. The 8 is followed by 9. 8 and 9 are a total of 17. 17 is either 6 or 8. There is your 6 from the 33 matching up to the 6 from 17. The way I see numbers, every odd number has an alternate version. 6 is an even number and 9 is it's odd counterpart. So if that's true, that could be why you had 33 pair up twice there. Now I say 6 and 8 is connected, because if you double 8, it gives you 16. 16 is the 6th digit over in the start of the teens.

To try to explain that double 33 pair better, let's look at the next time that 33 paired up more than once again. It starts in column AO and is the 36th digit in the string. 36 is either 3 or 9. 9 is the odd opposite of 6. Then it finishes up the that pair and starts the second 33 pair in AP. AP is the 37th digit over in the string. 37 is either 4 or 10. Neither of which is a match for 6. Unless you look at it a little deeper. If every digit has an alternate parallel, then 0's has to be 5. So instead of 10 you have 15 and 15 has a sum of??? 6. Now that 38 really really looks no where near a match for 6. By just looking at it. 3 and 8 kind of look alike though don't they? They are what I beleive to be each other's opposites. If you for starters take 38 and make the 8 it's 3 parallel, then you have 33. If you take the 3 and make it it's parallel, you have 88. 8+8=16. 16 the 6th digit over in the teens. Another way of looking at it is 3+8=11. 11 is either 0 or 2. You have to look at how 0 works with numbers to see what I'm talking about there. If 0 works like I think it does, it tends to double, half, or something to that nature whatever number it is with. 6 is a mulitple of 2, three times. 2+2+2. If that makes sense. Now that last pairing of 33 ends on 39. 39 is either 6 or 12 and in turn turns into 3. So there is your match of 6's. So that string of 33 pairs started on counter 36 (3 or the alternate of 6,9) and ended on 39 (6 ,12 to 3). A subtracted 3 going to an added 3. And an added parallel of 6 to a subtracted regular version of 6. If that makes sense to you or anyone else, I don't know. I just call it as my brain sees it. To further that one, since I'm on it, 3 came right after those pairs of 33. Look at the counters that it came on. 39 and 40. Those two total 3+9=12=1+2=3, and 4+0=4. There is 3 and 4 making 7 and 4-3+1. Or 34 for 34.

I don't know for sure if that's the way this is or not. I know what my brain tells me it is, or what it could be anyway. And I know there are more than one pair to make 3,4,5,6,7 on here. I'm still studying it and trying to understand it myself. And all of what I just said could be just nonsense. I try not to second guess myself, and have been wrong on more than one occasion. That's just the way my brain interprets it. And like I said, I'm definintely not a mathemitician. I just like fooling around with this stuff.

I've got some more parts to this also. I'll have to screenshot some of it and put it on here to explain it though.

31 didn't happen to show up anywhere close to after the end of the last full string you sent me did it? Just curious to see if I'm getting any where close to reading these. 24432 was the last of the string you gave me. That would put that 2 from the 32 as the 429th digit in the string.

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
      When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

Burnsville
        United States
        Member #107244
        March 4, 2011
        853 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2013, 3:41 am - IP Logged

This part is a little less complicated as trying to read the above section. All it does is track the amount of spaces in the string each pair is out from one another.

In column A rows 25 - 40, will show you the max that one number was out. There may be one that is higher because excel will only allow 64 if statements in a formula. There may be another on here that knows a way around that, but I don't. I could put that formula up here if someone can straighten it out. It took me about 2.5 hours just to write that one. Still learning excel. Anyway, column B rows 25 - 40 will give you the average for each pair that it is out. Take that 11 that starts in H20 and ends in I20. It goes 12 digits into the string before popping back up again. H40 shows that. Just for example. That 11 averages about 12.41 spaces inbetween each showing.

Then this data is shown again under this where it breaks down these spaces to their added single whole digit sum the same as above. Like the 24 spaces that 44 went till it came back up, will show just 6. I thought about comparing them the same way as I did the above part. Got to get back to that and see how it does though. Got a plenty on my plate here and just trying to keep up.

San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Greefox!

I really appreciate the work you are doing.
          You are a true pathfinder where substitution workouts are concerned.
          I think a review is in order.

Data source: The alphabetical and follower strings you are analyzing are from
          a Texas Pick 3, combined drawings, numbers game, substitution workout
          The strings were initiated on 1 June 2012 and updated after each drawing.
          The data is found in Col IV of the base foundation chart.

Objectives:
          The main Follower string is used to track Pairs, as well as single digits.
          Single digits are tracked via a 4x4 matrix.
          There are 16 sets of pairs, which are the last two digits in the overall Follower
          string.

Questions a user is What is the next single digit; What is the next digit in the
          follower string for a particular Pair.

Example:

The last three entries in the Alphabetical string, as of 0728N drawing are AAB.
          The Follower digits are determined by the Active Cell concept which counts
          the unmarked cells between data already in the string (ABC or R) and the same
          data being added.

The last active cell added is 'B'
          The last two Follower digits are 12.

The user has two options.
          Answer the What's next question by analyzing the Alphabetical matrix.
          B = A 44 times, B 50 times, C 36 times, R 21 times.
          The choice made is the first of three letters needed to obtain a Straight
          combination for the next drawing.

Sometimes, the Alphabetical analysis provides results that are
          'too close to choose'.

The user then can refer to the Follower string.
          The last digit is 2
          From the matrix
          2 - 1 31 times, 4 46 times, 3 34 times 4 20 times.
          This process is done three times to obtain three Follower digits.

Or,

The user can refer to the Pair chart.
          The last pair is 12
          The secondary followers for Pair 12 are:

What I do is evaluate the string and try to figure out (guess) what digit might
          follow the last digit  - 1.

Examining the string, I note the following

1 - 4,1,2,1.1.1,1,1,3.

I think I would choose 1 as the next follower for pair 12.

I would refer to the Alphabetical string.
          Beginning the count from the last entry B, I would count one active cell up the string, which would be a B, the first of the three letters I need for the alphabetical structure.

I would then have to repeat the procedure for Pair 21, and the next pair in order to
          get three Alphabetical letters.

I usually go with the results from the Alphabetical string, using the Follower string as a backup.

Hope this makes sense??

What you are doing is coming up with a more precise, analytical method for finding
          answers to the What's Next question for all of the 16 pair follower strings.

BTW

Here are recent additions to the strings you already have.

GA:  BACCBRRBRRCCCARCARBCCCCBAAB
          F#:   123134212131143333441112412

Questions

The strings are getting longer and longer.
          Should there be a cutoff at some point??
          Just use the last 300, 400 or other?
          However, even with the current total, the Pair follower strings are short.
          Pair 22 is the leader with 45 followers.
          Pair 24 has 18 followers.

What do you think??

Suggestion:  Because the sum for Pairs 12 and 21 is 3, wouldn't it be better to use
          substitution and give each Pair a unique ID??? to facilitate tracking???

Your final product would be used for multiple lottery games.
          A sort of Universal scheme could be helpful.

I'm still evaluating your presentation.

As for going vertical, I mentioned that because all of my working charts has data
          in columns.

But, if the data is being created by a mathematical formula, algorithum or other
          means, I guess it wouldn't matter.

Again, thanks for your hard work.

Burnsville
            United States
            Member #107244
            March 4, 2011
            853 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2013, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Your welcome bobby623!!! Not sure about the pathfinder and all that, but I try.

I'm following you as to what your doing with the letter sequence and then if it doesn't really give you anything to go on, you switch to the number string.

One good thing about the follower string in the numbers I've seen is that, when you put in your newest draw, the last digit will give you the first part of the next pair right there. So with the 412, your showing as the last in the sequence, you already know the next has to be 21, 22,23 or 24. The way you have it set up, it has no choice. Then, getting that digit after the 21 or whatever is next, you have the start of you next pair. Figuring out what comes after that is the tricky part. But I believe it can be done.

I was thinking about a cutoff for it. Right now it's set up to handle 1,373 digits in the string. I think that's more than enough to examine personally. With some of the stuff I've worked on, once you start getting up into the larger numbers with something like this, it gets hard to read. Unless you do break the digits down into whole numbers that is. It's just easier for my brain to process them as whole digits all the way around. Too much thinking and I tend to get aggravated and that makes it hard for me to concentrate on what I'm looking for. But that's up to you on the cutoff. I can take this up more games, or I can drop it back and put like a reset on it that will back them up a certain amount of spaces. I can do the reset easily for either way.

One thing I did do was found a formula that took out that 64 IF statement one. It will now find that space data for as many games as it needs to now and it's a smaller formula. If a pair goes 100 or more draws without showing up again, now it will find that and show it. The most I saw so far was 78 digits. If I remember correctly. 

One thing I saw I had wrong was the counting of the pairs. That's fixed now also. If a pair has shown up 24 or however many times, it will count it as exacly that. It kind of threw off my percentages a little, but like I said, that's all fixed right now.

I've put on the followers for each pair also. If you want to see what has came after 11 each time without having to examine the string manually, you can just look below. And I added a spot that will count each number that follows each pair to.

I also added a space that will count each time a pair sum matches up to a counter sum. I've got some ideas about that, but it will take a little time. I've put a few things into it, and fixed a couple also. Still at it though as much as time will allow me to be.

About the tracking and distinguishing, that was the reason for the color coding. It only takes a few times looking at it and the color starts getting into you brain as what it is. I've found that the eyes focus on the color association better and faster than a symbol or something. It just makes it easier and faster to me, and keeps a lot of frustration down. If you have something that you like better or think will be easier or better for your usage, just let me know. I'll figure out a way to get it in there.

Anyway, I'm still here working one it and haven't quit. Just been busy with work.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3962 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2013, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

What's next?

Here is a 'n-sequence' from a lottery workout.

22 - 4322124322222212243222322443442132411

/22 is a column header// 

Analysis of the string produced the following inventory:

1 - 5 times
              2 - 18 times
              3 - 6 times
              4 - 8 times
              Total: 37

A further breakdown using a 4x4 matrix:

1.1 1 time, 1.2 2 times, 1.3 1 time, 1.4 0 times
              2.1 3 times, 2.2 10 times, 2.3 1 time, 2.4 4 times
              3.1 0 times, 3.2 5 times, 3.3 0 times, 3.4 1 time
              4.1 1 time, 4.2 1 time, 4.3 4 times, 4.4 2 times

Pair follower analysis

11 - none
              12 - 4, 2
              13 - 2
              14 - none

21 - 2,2,3
              22 - 1,2,2,2,2,1,4,2,3,4
              23 - 2
              24 - 3.3.4.1

31 - none
              32 - 2,2,2,2,4
              33 - none
              34 - 4

41 - 1
              42 - 1
              43 - 2,2,2,4
              44 - 3, 2

Last 4 - 2411
              Last 3 - 411
              Last 2 - 11
              Last digit - 1

WHAT'S NEXT?

The above is an actual layout from one of my Pick 3 worksheets.
              The challenge is to choose what the next digit could be.
              The choice, 1,2,3 or 4, is then used in another worksheet to select a lottery number for play.

The question I have is:

Is there a mathematical formula or other approach that could apply in this situation?

The digit '1' hasn't shown up, so to speak, very often.
              '11' has come up, so to speak, once.
              '411' has come up once.
              '2411' has not repeated in the N-sequence.

I suppose the answer is - not enough information.

But, maybe not. Maybe it's the lack of information that would aid choosing.

Telling me to take a course in statistics and probability is an obvious answer, but,
              that wouldn't be practical, given my age.
              For some reason, when I was 18, it never occurred to me that I would someday
              develop a workout or strategy to help me win a lottery jackpot.

I would certainly appreciate any comments you math experts might want to
              offer.

Thanks for your interest.

---> 2 <---

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2013, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

What's next?

Here is a 'n-sequence' from a lottery workout.

22 - 4322124322222212243222322443442132411

/22 is a column header// 

Analysis of the string produced the following inventory:

1 - 5 times
                2 - 18 times
                3 - 6 times
                4 - 8 times
                Total: 37

A further breakdown using a 4x4 matrix:

1.1 1 time, 1.2 2 times, 1.3 1 time, 1.4 0 times
                2.1 3 times, 2.2 10 times, 2.3 1 time, 2.4 4 times
                3.1 0 times, 3.2 5 times, 3.3 0 times, 3.4 1 time
                4.1 1 time, 4.2 1 time, 4.3 4 times, 4.4 2 times

Pair follower analysis

11 - none
                12 - 4, 2
                13 - 2
                14 - none

21 - 2,2,3
                22 - 1,2,2,2,2,1,4,2,3,4
                23 - 2
                24 - 3.3.4.1

31 - none
                32 - 2,2,2,2,4
                33 - none
                34 - 4

41 - 1
                42 - 1
                43 - 2,2,2,4
                44 - 3, 2

Last 4 - 2411
                Last 3 - 411
                Last 2 - 11
                Last digit - 1

WHAT'S NEXT?

The above is an actual layout from one of my Pick 3 worksheets.
                The challenge is to choose what the next digit could be.
                The choice, 1,2,3 or 4, is then used in another worksheet to select a lottery number for play.

The question I have is:

Is there a mathematical formula or other approach that could apply in this situation?

The digit '1' hasn't shown up, so to speak, very often.
                '11' has come up, so to speak, once.
                '411' has come up once.
                '2411' has not repeated in the N-sequence.

I suppose the answer is - not enough information.

But, maybe not. Maybe it's the lack of information that would aid choosing.

Telling me to take a course in statistics and probability is an obvious answer, but,
                that wouldn't be practical, given my age.
                For some reason, when I was 18, it never occurred to me that I would someday
                develop a workout or strategy to help me win a lottery jackpot.

I would certainly appreciate any comments you math experts might want to
                offer.

1/4 37 D.NLAST DIGITO/EFREQ.SKIPSACTUALHIGH SKIPSERIESSIZE:COUNT.SERIESREPET.
                 11ODD54,9,16,3,00-161,1,1,21:3 2:11
                 22EVEN182,0,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,2,0,0,1,0,5,2-3-52,1,6,2,3,2,1,11:3 2:3 3:1 6:110
                 33ODD61,5,10,3,4,4-4-101,1,1,1,1,11:6 
                 44EVEN80,5,10,7,0,1,0,4-2-101,1,1,2,2,11:4 2:22

San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

---> 2 <---

RL

RL

''2'' is the correct choice.

Query

Was that an intuitive guess?

Did you use some sort of mathematical ritual that would apply across the board?

Pair followers provide important clues about what the next digit could be.

One important question is 'how long is long enough'
                  Some of the trend strings on the which the pairs are based have over 500 digits.
                  I'm thinking I should limit the string to 100, but I'm really 'up the creek', so to speak, on
                  what would be best choice.
                  Maybe the longer the strings are, the more likely they could provide solid clues.
                  This deals with a workout based on substitution, so, there are references.
                  I sure would appreciate any guidance you might want to shart.

San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2013, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply.

However, I can't figure out what you did.
                    The correct answer is '2'.
                    Is the '2' in the lower right corner meant to be the answer??
                    I'm afraid you will have to explain what this is, and how I might use it to
                    find a correct answer to the 'whats next' question.

Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2013, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply.

However, I can't figure out what you did.
                      The correct answer is '2'.
                      Is the '2' in the lower right corner meant to be the answer??
                      I'm afraid you will have to explain what this is, and how I might use it to
                      find a correct answer to the 'whats next' question.

If you cannot tell what I did, then you cannot tell what you did yourself and what you were looking for.

San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1394 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2013, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Typical evasive answer.

I know exactly what I need.
                        I'm working on ways to provide best answers to questions raised by my substitution workout.
                        I never thought there would be any mathematical ritual that would apply in all situations, but, you never know. So I gave it a shot.
                        If what you presented here is the answer, then, maybe I should withdraw the question.

Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: August 22, 2013, 8:20 am - IP Logged

If you haven't done it, I suggest that you program it.

There is mathematics for random. I don't know what you want to make of it.
                          I saw no decision makers with your data, so I suggest that you develop more of the analysis.
                          If 2 shows alot, and the chance is equal with other 3 digits, than you still don't know.

Not even with cards anything is sure. If two cards are two and ten, you still don't know which one I will pull for you on your 19 points.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #2218
                            September 1, 2003
                            5387 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I posted a Youtube video on the Excel file I had worked on with bobby.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/264890/3225108

There is a link to download the Excel files.  Read the instructions in the link to the thread above.

I'll post additional videos today.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #2218
                              September 1, 2003
                              5387 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Here is video 2 explaining the Pick 3 Substitution formulas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkqLgOjRQ40