Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3 and Pick 4 State Draws - Excel Files

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by winsumloosesum.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

In this thread I will post new links for the following Excel files:

1. P3StateDraws.xlsm

2. P4StateDraws.xlsm

If you using any of the other Excel files/systems/programs etc. just download any/both of these 2 Excel files into the correct file folder.

For example, if you using the RickG Pick 3 System download and replace the existing P3StateDraws.xlsm with the link posted below.  Same with the RickG Pick 4 program, or other programs that require any of these 2 Excel files.

If you watched the video on how to update the draw histories each day great.  If anyone is having trouble updating then download the following intot the correct program folder.

P4StateDraws.xlsm

https://app.box.com/s/ew977fuoxomsl3cb2lps

P3StateDraws.xlsm

https://app.box.com/s/vyljn5hhm3fbesoeqzz3

I'll try and update these each day and post the new links.

The files above are updated through Monday August 12 2013

Here is the Youtube Video on how to update the draws:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpjhJv55_qU

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

The codes could use in the start and end, to avoid flickering:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False 
     Application.ScreenUpdating = True 
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5387 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Serge,

Thanks for the tip.

Las Vegas, NV
        United States
        Member #44841
        August 9, 2006
        1749 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for these updated files.  I noticed when updating the NY P4 E chart the date was going backwards instead of giving the next new date.  Once I changed the date manually there was no problem, but just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2013, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

If your updating specific state tabs then the dates will not move forward 1 day.  If you watch the video on how to update all the drawings using the dashboard tab toolbars the macro will copy and paste the correct date in each of the states worksheets on line 20.

I did have it set up awhile back to advance the date but adding new states meant changing code here and there.  This way is much easier in the event a state decides to add a Pick 3 or Pick 4 game or add a new Midday game.

If you just want to only update your own state and manually change the draws dates this would be no issue.

If you want to add a formula to correct the date issue enter the following if your state has a drawing every day.

In cell A20 enter the following formula =A20+1

For combined draws for states that have draws every day of the week enter the following formula:

In cell A20 enter =A22+1 and in cell E20 enter =E22

For states that do not have either a Midday Sunday drawing or No Sunday draws whatsoever you will need to look at the previous week and find the cell with the same day and change the formula. For example, Airizon does not have a Sunday drawing.  The current draw date in cell A20 is Monday 8/12/13.  So you would need to look back at the cell when the last Monday draw occured which in my worksheet is cell A26.  So the formula for A20 would be =A26+7.  For states that have combined draw you can use the same principle and you will also need to add the correct formula in cell E20, so that when you click the Toolbar to add a  new drawing the date and M (Midday) or E (Evening) is correct in cell E20.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to add a formula in the event you don't want to update all the states draws each day.

Las Vegas, NV
            United States
            Member #44841
            August 9, 2006
            1749 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2013, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

If your updating specific state tabs then the dates will not move forward 1 day.  If you watch the video on how to update all the drawings using the dashboard tab toolbars the macro will copy and paste the correct date in each of the states worksheets on line 20.

I did have it set up awhile back to advance the date but adding new states meant changing code here and there.  This way is much easier in the event a state decides to add a Pick 3 or Pick 4 game or add a new Midday game.

If you just want to only update your own state and manually change the draws dates this would be no issue.

If you want to add a formula to correct the date issue enter the following if your state has a drawing every day.

In cell A20 enter the following formula =A20+1

For combined draws for states that have draws every day of the week enter the following formula:

In cell A20 enter =A22+1 and in cell E20 enter =E22

For states that do not have either a Midday Sunday drawing or No Sunday draws whatsoever you will need to look at the previous week and find the cell with the same day and change the formula. For example, Airizon does not have a Sunday drawing.  The current draw date in cell A20 is Monday 8/12/13.  So you would need to look back at the cell when the last Monday draw occured which in my worksheet is cell A26.  So the formula for A20 would be =A26+7.  For states that have combined draw you can use the same principle and you will also need to add the correct formula in cell E20, so that when you click the Toolbar to add a  new drawing the date and M (Midday) or E (Evening) is correct in cell E20.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to add a formula in the event you don't want to update all the states draws each day.

Thank you!  Yes I watched the video but it was very late and I was too tired and should not have even attempted to at the end of a long day ... obviously I will need to watch it again!

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #2218
              September 1, 2003
              5387 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2013, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Thank you!  Yes I watched the video but it was very late and I was too tired and should not have even attempted to at the end of a long day ... obviously I will need to watch it again!

The reason I created the P3StateDraws and P4StateDraws Excel files is that it contains all the Pick 3 and Pick 4 draws for almost every state including Canadian draws.  Instead of creating a program for each state I decided to have a 1 covers all approach.  Of course due to the size of both these Excel files I had to create a new Excel file depending on what system or method you want to create.  For example, RickGPick4 and RickGPick3 Wheel Programs.

Once you know how to update all the draws using the Dashboard Tab it should take you 5 minutes tops to update both the P3StateDraws and P4StateDraws Excel files.  I update these each morning.  The draw histories do not include every single draw.  Most go back to 2006.  Not even sure it we need that many draws.

You do have the option of updating the Midday draws when all Midday draws are completed in all the states.  You would need to click the Midday Toolbar then the Combined Toolbar.  Then you would need to update the Evening draws after they are completed by clicking the Evening Toolbar and Combined Toolbar.  The key is to make sure your clicking the correct Toolbars for the day of the week your updating.  The top portion is for updating Monday through Saturday draws and the bottom portion is for updating the Sunday only draws.

The other important step is copy and pasting the results into the correct cell range in the Tab labeled LP.

Watch the video and you should be a pro after a few updates.

Las Vegas, NV
                United States
                Member #44841
                August 9, 2006
                1749 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2013, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Great!  Will do.  And thanks again, you put a LOT of work into these files and I hope to put them to good use ... as well as make some $$$$$.  Just need to concentrate and focus ... then get busy.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #2218
                  September 1, 2003
                  5387 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2013, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Here are the P3StateDraws and P4StateDraws download links:  Draws updated through August 13 2013

P4StateDraws Excel File:

https://app.box.com/s/gir7j24h3wbn4s42nmff

P3StateDraws Excel File:

https://app.box.com/s/zzgwt6c4hqfp1cy989m7

BLEUSTAR's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #143188
                    May 27, 2013
                    16 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2013, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Hello - Can you tell me how I can get the blackappleanalysis for the P4statdraw?  Thanks

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #2218
                      September 1, 2003
                      5387 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2013, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Here are the updated P3StateDraws and P4StateDraws Excel files:

Draws are updated through Friday August 16, 2013

P3StateDraws Excel File:

https://app.box.com/s/mdi77ysklfcdfnbvedm8

P4StateDrawsExcelFile:

https://app.box.com/s/hkt7wbs92t3q3wvah4hc

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #2218
                        September 1, 2003
                        5387 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2013, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Hello - Can you tell me how I can get the blackappleanalysis for the P4statdraw?  Thanks

I did not create a Pick 4 only a Pick 3.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                          Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2013, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

How much time did you spend on all those files?

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #2218
                            September 1, 2003
                            5387 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2013, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

How much time did you spend on all those files?

Why do you ask???

BLEUSTAR's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #143188
                              May 27, 2013
                              16 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Awesome!!!!! Thank you for sharing. Blue Angel