Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you feel is the appropriate sentence for folk who steal?

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 3 years ago by veganlife125.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2013, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

You don't know your history very well do you.  America was hanging people in this country from its beginnings and well into the 20th century.   America oversaw the hangings of the nazi war criminals after the trials at Nuremberg.  Imagine if every county in America had a hanging day on the first Sunday of every month at the court house square at about 2pm to hang every convicted murderer, robber, rapist, & child molester after their appeal process was over.  Reminds me of Clint Eastwoods 1968 movie "Hang Em High".  Definitely bring all the children to let them know what happens to you if you grow up and commit vicious crimes against other people.  Bring the switch back on the kids at home.  Bring the paddle back on the kids at school.   

Would crime go down?  You betcha.  Would liberty suffer? absolutely not.  I bet you could walk any street before a year was out and not get assaulted be it day or night.  Will all this happen?  Of course not!   We don't like gunsmoke, rawhide, or bonanza anymore.  We like friends, maury povich, and cheaters haha!

cheersBig Grin

I remember the switch Hit With Stick I use to go outside and find the smallest Big Grin then my momma would make go back outside and pick a bigger one then I really got it Hit With Stick

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

maybe make them watch the Kardashians then they will never steal again Green laugh

Lol good one Green laugh

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
      Kentucky
      United States
      Member #35086
      March 12, 2006
      10374 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2013, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I remember the switch Hit With Stick I use to go outside and find the smallest Big Grin then my momma would make go back outside and pick a bigger one then I really got it Hit With Stick

Yep

Those  were  the   days    dallas

My   Mother  could  make  a  person   dance  a  jig   with   one   of   those         White Bounce      Hyper            Smile

She  didnt  have  to  do  it   that  often ,  as   we   knew  what   to   expect  if   we  were   bad

I would say there are quite a few of them now-a-days ,  that could use a dose of  that  same  medicine also

From  what  I've   seen 

Take discpline out of the  home  and   school   ,

And  thats  what is behind  much  of  what  we  see  that  goes  on  today

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
        Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4866 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2013, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Thats not very severe.  That "patelian" character from New York, got 25 years, with various wild animals wearing various hues of lipstick.

I was going with the public humiliation, like when they used to pillory people.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2013, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Do unto them as you would have them do unto you.

Forgiveness can be as liberating for the accuser as it is for the accused.

And sometimes, the shock and humiliation alone of being caught can be punishment enough and incentive enough to change someone's ways.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

You can't think of any?...Hunger/Starving family... an issue even in the wealthiest country in the world... good ole US of A

Granted, one should not get away "scott free" for stealing food... but you'd chop off a mother's hand off for swiping a loaf of bread to feed her starving kids... ouch!

Why would you have to steal it? Can't you just ask someone for the bread...if she did steal it I think she at least lose custody of the kids, maybe if she was motivated to then she'd have no problem feeding those kids

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19771 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2013, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

What is the switch mean What?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2013, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

What is the switch mean What?

A whoopin' stick.

Igamble's avatar - spider
                  nj
                  United States
                  Member #145657
                  August 10, 2013
                  974 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2013, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Son,you are forgiven !! for the government of your country gets away daily with 1000 times worse crimes and stealing peoples lives daily !, and has been killing indians ,hanging people back in the colonist days ,nowadays the activity is behind closed doors- aka 'wars" ,aka "genetically modified food " ,aka "vaccines" and list goes on ...

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5120 Posts
                    Posted: August 25, 2013, 11:46 am - IP Logged

NA>>>>>>"GOOD">>>>>>post Party

Recently, Psyko heard the quote: "WHAT DOES IT MATTER?" ????????????

Crimes are not committed by the hungry people<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Crimes are committed by the "OVER-FED" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!

Aside from the murders in DC, they have one of the lowest crime rate in the US!!

Germany has little crime compared 2 this country because German's respect their

their LAW's >>>>>>>and enjoy high standard of LIVING$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Working for any agency affiliated with or part of the lottery-local

or Statewide?????   Psyko ask: "WHAT DOES IT MATTER?" ???????

PartyDance  PSYKO is "CRAZY"  DanceParty

NASHVILLE, TENN
                      United States
                      Member #33372
                      February 20, 2006
                      1044 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2013, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

You can't think of any?...Hunger/Starving family... an issue even in the wealthiest country in the world... good ole US of A

Granted, one should not get away "scott free" for stealing food... but you'd chop off a mother's hand off for swiping a loaf of bread to feed her starving kids... ouch!

There is no reason for anyone to steal today.  We have over one hundred federal agencies handing out welfare benefits to anyone who asks and to many who don't ask but are forced to accept the aid.

If someone steals today, there is only one reason.  They want it but don't wish to work for it.

A thief not only steals a material item, he also steals a part of your life.  Those who work in order to obtain a material object have given up a part of their life.  A thief gives up nothing yet obtains what he wants. 

Allow the victim to decide the punishment.  If that be life in prison, amputation, or a fine, so be it.  And in case someone wishes to extend the argument  to the death penalty, then yes, even that, if the victim so decides.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: August 25, 2013, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

There is no reason for anyone to steal today.  We have over one hundred federal agencies handing out welfare benefits to anyone who asks and to many who don't ask but are forced to accept the aid.

If someone steals today, there is only one reason.  They want it but don't wish to work for it.

A thief not only steals a material item, he also steals a part of your life.  Those who work in order to obtain a material object have given up a part of their life.  A thief gives up nothing yet obtains what he wants. 

Allow the victim to decide the punishment.  If that be life in prison, amputation, or a fine, so be it.  And in case someone wishes to extend the argument  to the death penalty, then yes, even that, if the victim so decides.

Can the death penalty be administered execution style on the guy who sequinned my gas last night?

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Can the death penalty be administered execution style on the guy who sequinned my gas last night?

What?

I must admit I had to check the dictionary to make sure you were not making up words again.

Are you siphoning your flatulance into plasitic bottles once again?

Perhaps you could give one to LonelyPug?

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: August 25, 2013, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

What?

I must admit I had to check the dictionary to make sure you were not making up words again.

Are you siphoning your flatulance into plasitic bottles once again?

Perhaps you could give one to LonelyPug?

I'm sure you have enough gas when your lover pushed it back into you.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                              Upacreek
                              United States
                              Member #136306
                              December 8, 2012
                              428 Posts
                              Posted: August 25, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm not advocating a reason to steal without consequences or trying to justifying theft... more pointing out "punishment fitting the crime".

One poster stating cutting off limbs for stealing- period... no qualifiers.

I'll try a different example...

What if your 4 yr old kid gets caught swiping a pack of gum in the checkout line for the first time... you'd support the cop pulling a machete out in the parking lot and dismembering your child?

No... right? So, there's another reason... it's still theft.  Most likely the child had no concept of "working for it" etc.

And that's enough for me on this depressing, brutal topic... shouldn't have waded into this thread in the first place! LOL

-RC