Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you feel is the appropriate sentence for folk who steal?

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 3 years ago by veganlife125.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

No...but in some cases murder is excusable where there are no cases that I can think of where thievery is excusable...

What about Robin Hood?

Although this is a "fictional account"

I never really was rooting against Kevin Costner.

Most thievery are crimes of oppurtunity.  Sometimes it just happens!!

However when that guy climbed through my bathroom window, it must have been pre-meditated as my bathroom does not face the street. 

I didn't attack him, I just pointed towards the door.  He must have been embarrassed, and I wasn't angry, although he did wake me from my stupor by knocking down the shampoo bottles into the tub.

Good think I am built like a bull.   I called the cops.  They asked me if it was a emergency, I said NO. (after all I was not in any danger)   They took like 2 hours to show up.  It might have been fun to say yes and have the cops chase him down the road and mace him. 

I dont want to have to kill a dude with my machete for just having the "idea to steal"

The problem with thieves is that they think they are so smart or talented for being able to steal.  (kind of like a republican)

Like when that guy stole my sweet million free plays.  He thought he was some sort of genius.  He just caught me with my guard down.  He definately was embarrassed when I caught him.  I couldve reported him and he could have lost his job.

I didn't.  Now I have a thief as a new friend.

Mastermind the lottery, then I might think you are smart.

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

What about Robin Hood?

Although this is a "fictional account"

I never really was rooting against Kevin Costner.

Most thievery are crimes of oppurtunity.  Sometimes it just happens!!

However when that guy climbed through my bathroom window, it must have been pre-meditated as my bathroom does not face the street. 

I didn't attack him, I just pointed towards the door.  He must have been embarrassed, and I wasn't angry, although he did wake me from my stupor by knocking down the shampoo bottles into the tub.

Good think I am built like a bull.   I called the cops.  They asked me if it was a emergency, I said NO. (after all I was not in any danger)   They took like 2 hours to show up.  It might have been fun to say yes and have the cops chase him down the road and mace him. 

I dont want to have to kill a dude with my machete for just having the "idea to steal"

The problem with thieves is that they think they are so smart or talented for being able to steal.  (kind of like a republican)

Like when that guy stole my sweet million free plays.  He thought he was some sort of genius.  He just caught me with my guard down.  He definately was embarrassed when I caught him.  I couldve reported him and he could have lost his job.

I didn't.  Now I have a thief as a new friend.

Mastermind the lottery, then I might think you are smart.

Even Robin hood yes...stealing is just stealing plain and simple...put the shoe on the other foot... what if YOU are the victim of a thief, he breaks in you house and steals all your valuables but in court he claims to have done it because he needed the money to pay for his kid's operation...is it ok then?? In my opinion no...

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Even Robin hood yes...stealing is just stealing plain and simple...put the shoe on the other foot... what if YOU are the victim of a thief, he breaks in you house and steals all your valuables but in court he claims to have done it because he needed the money to pay for his kid's operation...is it ok then?? In my opinion no...

Well then I dont think you would make a good Billionaire.

You might wind up decapitating all those around you who try to skim a dollar.

Perhaps Robin Hood was just trying to prevent a military coup. 

I guess you think it good for government to steal from the people, but bad for people to steal from the government.

Stealing must be an idea implanted by society.  Perhaps by the "Robin Hood" myth.

I have been victim of thieves before.  Yeah it sucks, but  It just reinforces the idea to hoarde your money and belongings and not share and say no to people who ask for help.

After all what is a beggar?  He does no work, but gets your money!

I suppose you pardon all the past thieves?   Do you think all Israelis should have their hands cut off for stealing palestine?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

put the shoe on the other foot...............................................................................what????????????????????????????

"WHAT DOES IT>>>>>>>>>>>MATTER"

???????????????????????????????????????!

Jack-in-the-Box     

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5124 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Well then I dont think you would make a good Billionaire.

You might wind up decapitating all those around you who try to skim a dollar.

Perhaps Robin Hood was just trying to prevent a military coup. 

I guess you think it good for government to steal from the people, but bad for people to steal from the government.

Stealing must be an idea implanted by society.  Perhaps by the "Robin Hood" myth.

I have been victim of thieves before.  Yeah it sucks, but  It just reinforces the idea to hoarde your money and belongings and not share and say no to people who ask for help.

After all what is a beggar?  He does no work, but gets your money!

I suppose you pardon all the past thieves?   Do you think all Israelis should have their hands cut off for stealing palestine?

LB:

REALLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>psyko is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crazy^^^^!!

Steaing must B "IDEA">>>>implanted>>>by>>MARSHIN's& psyko ??>>>>>>>>>>psyko like D gov ^^^^!

D goverment will protect us from>>"OUTTERPACE!!

Jack-in-the-Box

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: August 25, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

put the shoe on the other foot...............................................................................what????????????????????????????

"WHAT DOES IT>>>>>>>>>>>MATTER"

???????????????????????????????????????!

Jack-in-the-Box     

D people who PLAY D>>>LOTTERY>>>matter'$$$$$$$$

ThudJack-in-the-BoxThud

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: August 25, 2013, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

A good billionaire?? Like who for example? None of the billionaires and there are many, none of them got rich by writing checks....Israel and palestinian...why would you think Im either...or for that matter even care, they all have been fighting in the sand for centuries and no American which is what I am is going to change that...no matter what

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: August 25, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Yep

Those  were  the   days    dallas

My   Mother  could  make  a  person   dance  a  jig   with   one   of   those         White Bounce      Hyper            Smile

She  didnt  have  to  do  it   that  often ,  as   we   knew  what   to   expect  if   we  were   bad

I would say there are quite a few of them now-a-days ,  that could use a dose of  that  same  medicine also

From  what  I've   seen 

Take discpline out of the  home  and   school   ,

And  thats  what is behind  much  of  what  we  see  that  goes  on  today

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2013, 12:41 am - IP Logged

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2013, 5:30 am - IP Logged

LB:

REALLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>psyko is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crazy^^^^!!

Steaing must B "IDEA">>>>implanted>>>by>>MARSHIN's& psyko ??>>>>>>>>>>psyko like D gov ^^^^!

D goverment will protect us from>>"OUTTERPACE!!

Jack-in-the-Box

Psyko>>>>>please>>>>ask>>>>aliens>>>>for>>>>>PB>>>>

WINNERS!!!!!

My>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chip>>>>>>>broke.

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2013, 5:31 am - IP Logged

A little gritty, I am a little partial to the pansy version.

Nevertheless, SWEET instrumental!!

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                        Member #142777
                        May 18, 2013
                        263 Posts
                        Posted: September 1, 2013, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I remember the switch Hit With Stick I use to go outside and find the smallest Big Grin then my momma would make go back outside and pick a bigger one then I really got it Hit With Stick

LOL Same here.  And the belt!

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!