Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what kind of small business would be good to invest in if you won a jackpot (IYO)

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 3 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2013, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I would love to have some kind of business if I won the lottery, mainly to keep me busy working and not busy spending up all my money, but I don't know what kind I'd like to invest in...I have a couple in mind but I don't have any experience in the area and I wonder if if would be a good thin to invest in....Anyways these are a couple I was thinking of

1. Chik'fil'A  I like their business model and their ethics, well other than the homo thing Im more of an equal rights person what you do and who in your own bed is none of my business

2. A self-storage business....They pretty much take care of themselves I think and all your paying someone to do is write new contracts and take monthly payments. They seem to be popping up everywhere but especially here because of the huge military base here

3. A small radio station...this one is mor of a lark mainly Id want to own one just to limit the number of commercials played per hour, cause everytime I turn on the radio it seems all the stations are on commercials

So these are a couple of mine, but in your opinion what are some good small businesses to invest in if you won the jackpot...that is if you'd want to even have a business after becoming financially secure faster than you'd ever be able to earn that much money LOL

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #61435
    May 22, 2008
    906 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad you brought this up as I thought about it after I started the other post on investing.  I think I would be more of a "Shark Tank" type investor in many new and interesting startups.  I would however arm myself with EXPERIENCED advisors so I made the correct and prudent choices.

United States
      Member #141260
      April 9, 2013
      1390 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2013, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Mcdonalds. And a nice hotel franchise

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5113 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

Good ??????????>>>>>>>>>BIG CHANGE on D>>>>>>TABLE$$$$$$

HEALTH>>>would>>>B my "GUE$$">>>>Table'$$$$

suggest HEALTH CARE>>will cost U more>>^^^^^^!

50 million will B moving 2D USA ND next 15>"YEAR's"!!

plus>>people R like rabbit'$$$$$$${they can't help it}!

MABY U would consider a "QUIET" job "R"

"KOOL">>>business>>>$UNDERTAKER$!

Big Grin AngelJack-in-the-BoxBig Grin Angel

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1492 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I would invest in me, me and me for the next 5 to 6 years. Than I would look into investing in possibly something, hopefully in a good economy.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
            nc
            United States
            Member #99520
            October 26, 2010
            375 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

You have some excellent ideas to start.

Chick-fil-A. Is an equal opportunity employer.  Where the owner decides to donate is his business.  The same with any privately owned company.   It is extremely difficult to get an operator ship with them.  having money to invest, will not get you in the door, unlIke other companies that only look for the color green.

self storage would be great.   Find the right manager and geographic location, like on top of a hill so that it doesn'flood.

Radio station can broadcast or lean in what ever direction you lean.

for me, it would be a small used book store and a small family farm.  Of course the book store will probably have a "gone fishing" sign in the window most of the Time.  The farm would provide for the family needs and a little to sell at the stand by the roadside.

Or perhaps a small automatic landrymat with the latest technology.

or perhaps a small arts and craftstore that allows people to come in and teach......

May your dream come true....!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
              NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3157 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2013, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Don't want to work hard so I would look into a Fishing pier somewhere South, even if it's not a big money maker.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad you brought this up as I thought about it after I started the other post on investing.  I think I would be more of a "Shark Tank" type investor in many new and interesting startups.  I would however arm myself with EXPERIENCED advisors so I made the correct and prudent choices.

LOL buy low  I give credit where credit is due...your post is what gave me the idea to start this one...but i dont know if i would be a shark tank type til years down the road after i won...Dont want to many spoons in the pot so to speak too soon after winning

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2013, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

Good ??????????>>>>>>>>>BIG CHANGE on D>>>>>>TABLE$$$$$$

HEALTH>>>would>>>B my "GUE$$">>>>Table'$$$$

suggest HEALTH CARE>>will cost U more>>^^^^^^!

50 million will B moving 2D USA ND next 15>"YEAR's"!!

plus>>people R like rabbit'$$$$$$${they can't help it}!

MABY U would consider a "QUIET" job "R"

"KOOL">>>business>>>$UNDERTAKER$!

Big Grin AngelJack-in-the-BoxBig Grin Angel

LOL good one psy.....not too many complaints from your clients in that job..I guess when they can sit up and complain it's time to go do something else LOL

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2013, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

You have some excellent ideas to start.

Chick-fil-A. Is an equal opportunity employer.  Where the owner decides to donate is his business.  The same with any privately owned company.   It is extremely difficult to get an operator ship with them.  having money to invest, will not get you in the door, unlIke other companies that only look for the color green.

self storage would be great.   Find the right manager and geographic location, like on top of a hill so that it doesn'flood.

Radio station can broadcast or lean in what ever direction you lean.

for me, it would be a small used book store and a small family farm.  Of course the book store will probably have a "gone fishing" sign in the window most of the Time.  The farm would provide for the family needs and a little to sell at the stand by the roadside.

Or perhaps a small automatic landrymat with the latest technology.

or perhaps a small arts and craftstore that allows people to come in and teach......

May your dream come true....!

Thanks Zinnagirl...Laundromat that's another good one...we used to have one right off the military base that was kinda a sportsclub laundromat, they sold beer and burgers and you could do your laundry and watch the game on big screens...it was called...Suds

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                      New York
                      United States
                      Member #145706
                      August 12, 2013
                      108 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2013, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't really need any more money after I win a jackpot since I don't care about buying or owning a lot of things. But I would probably make a few small investments or create some kind of business to keep busy.

"When you begin to see, then you begin to feel. And when you begin to feel, then you begin to believe".

United States
                        Member #124814
                        March 20, 2012
                        219 Posts
                        Posted: September 16, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I would start a franchise fast food restaurant. Not because I just desire to work in a place like that, I would hire a manager to do the day to day stuff. But I love the aspect of just walking into a place like that knowing you own the place. I love the undercover boss aspect of it. 

But that's not the thing I would buy to keep me busy, that would be just one of those fun things I do once in a while. I think I would do something with sports to keep me busy. Buy a team and play for it or something like that. Or maybe become an assistant coach at a local school.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: September 16, 2013, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to start a non-profit foundation to provide free merkins to those in need.

United States
                            Member #141260
                            April 9, 2013
                            1390 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2013, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

A farm. With 1000 cattle, 1000 hogs, 10, 000 chickens and 5 rabits

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                              nc
                              United States
                              Member #99520
                              October 26, 2010
                              375 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2013, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

A farm. With 1000 cattle, 1000 hogs, 10, 000 chickens and 5 rabits

Having grown up on a farm, THAT's work!!Smile

May your dream come true!