Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what kind of small business would be good to invest in if you won a jackpot (IYO)

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 3 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3985 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2013, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

The best business to invest in would be your own, don't have one, create one.

RLPost Reply

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

What financial people?  Are you talking about mutual funds where some fund trader has the right to trade you in and out of stocks and bonds for losses?  I'm confused why anyone would want to do that.  In anything never let anyone have control of your checkbook or accounts for any reason. period.  Open individual accounts and purchase the direct stocks and bonds you want and they just sit there.  I would go with large commercial firms like citi, wells fargo, jp morgan, or goldman sachs for all accounts.  Why?  Because if anyone inside the firm were to defraud a lottery winner or someone online did compromise the accounts in anyway id feel comfortable that they would make it up quick.  Can you imagine the havoc to the bottom line you could bring in a public lawsuit to a bank like this after you have won the lottery billionaire2bee if they jipped you?

Most people have never run a business and it is hard even if you know what your doing.  Also money management is key.  If you go for it just make sure you do what you know.  If you know toothpicks make toothpicks.  If your a farmer stay farming.  If your a bartender then try a bar.  If your a dough maker then maybe start a bakery.  I would say 90%+ lose their shirt going into a business they nothing about.  Can you see a hair dresser winning a lottery and then deciding to open up a big used car dealership? LOL  Good luck. 

You think a BIG lottery winner couldnt find plenty to do?  How about travel to all the worlds beaches judging bikini contests and living it up in Las Vegas?Naughty  You could live in Las Vegas 20 years alone and not see everything haha!  Now your going to win tonight right?

cheersBig Grin

"Can you see a hair dresser winning a lottery and then deciding to open up a big used car dealership?" 

I think you should open up your own Hair Salon. Stick with what you know.

Good luck! 

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
      Member #142777
      May 18, 2013
      263 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

"Can you see a hair dresser winning a lottery and then deciding to open up a big used car dealership?" 

I think you should open up your own Hair Salon. Stick with what you know.

Good luck! 

Ahh Ha!  Let me guess.  SugarBritches coming home later that usual lately and its got you upset?

CheersBig Grin

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #123290
        February 17, 2012
        3052 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2013, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

tattoo removal businessThumbs Up

...the secret to Luck is never to trust it...

2012 wins:$20 loss:$200  2013 wins:$100 loss:$270  2014 wins:$360 loss:$273 

2015 wins:$0 loss:$53  2016 Jan $0/$15.00 Feb $0/$2.50 Mar $0/$4.00 April $0/$0 May $0/$0

June $0/$0 July $0/$0 Aug $0/$0 Sep $0/$0 Oct $0/$0 Nov $0/$0

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1281 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2013, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I think owning a bar would be like being married to a nymphomaniac.  It'd be fun for a little while....

CST
            United States
            Member #140593
            March 23, 2013
            26 Posts
            Posted: September 18, 2013, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I'd be in the business of being a venture capitalist.

Helping others create businesses would create many more jobs than my one or two businesses could. 

And I could still live like I was on "permanent vacation" as well as have much availability for volunteer work, which is what any obscenely weathly person should be doing.

United States
              Member #125185
              March 26, 2012
              75 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2013, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I would love to have some kind of business if I won the lottery, mainly to keep me busy working and not busy spending up all my money, but I don't know what kind I'd like to invest in...I have a couple in mind but I don't have any experience in the area and I wonder if if would be a good thin to invest in....Anyways these are a couple I was thinking of

1. Chik'fil'A  I like their business model and their ethics, well other than the homo thing Im more of an equal rights person what you do and who in your own bed is none of my business

2. A self-storage business....They pretty much take care of themselves I think and all your paying someone to do is write new contracts and take monthly payments. They seem to be popping up everywhere but especially here because of the huge military base here

3. A small radio station...this one is mor of a lark mainly Id want to own one just to limit the number of commercials played per hour, cause everytime I turn on the radio it seems all the stations are on commercials

So these are a couple of mine, but in your opinion what are some good small businesses to invest in if you won the jackpot...that is if you'd want to even have a business after becoming financially secure faster than you'd ever be able to earn that much money LOL

I think you have it right on eliminating the commercials-over-the air thing.

But, I would be looking into some valuable land - maybe invest in gold.

United States
                Member #6570
                August 28, 2004
                36 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2013, 3:45 am - IP Logged

A Hotel Resort in Vegas would be the best business to own period.

Take the Hard Rock for instance:

9 restaurants

4 concert venues

A world class fitness center

Spa and Salon

tons of pools with cabanas equiped with everything, even a TV.

You would imagine the top managers there have meet every celeb that stayed there and were backstage at all those concerts

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: September 19, 2013, 7:58 am - IP Logged

What financial people?  Are you talking about mutual funds where some fund trader has the right to trade you in and out of stocks and bonds for losses?  I'm confused why anyone would want to do that.  In anything never let anyone have control of your checkbook or accounts for any reason. period.  Open individual accounts and purchase the direct stocks and bonds you want and they just sit there.  I would go with large commercial firms like citi, wells fargo, jp morgan, or goldman sachs for all accounts.  Why?  Because if anyone inside the firm were to defraud a lottery winner or someone online did compromise the accounts in anyway id feel comfortable that they would make it up quick.  Can you imagine the havoc to the bottom line you could bring in a public lawsuit to a bank like this after you have won the lottery billionaire2bee if they jipped you?

Most people have never run a business and it is hard even if you know what your doing.  Also money management is key.  If you go for it just make sure you do what you know.  If you know toothpicks make toothpicks.  If your a farmer stay farming.  If your a bartender then try a bar.  If your a dough maker then maybe start a bakery.  I would say 90%+ lose their shirt going into a business they nothing about.  Can you see a hair dresser winning a lottery and then deciding to open up a big used car dealership? LOL  Good luck. 

You think a BIG lottery winner couldnt find plenty to do?  How about travel to all the worlds beaches judging bikini contests and living it up in Las Vegas?Naughty  You could live in Las Vegas 20 years alone and not see everything haha!  Now your going to win tonight right?

cheersBig Grin

LOL cause large firms don't jip people right? C'mon didnt we the American people bailout some big banks because they made some bad decisions? You got to watch everybody when you're dealing with money ESPECIALLY white collar cause they're a little slicker about how they do it...You think Bernie Madoff stole 50 billion on his looks? and yeah you could sue and you could spend the rest of your life and fortune fighting it out in court Also why if you were a hair dresser would you think or even want to have a car dealership??? You know hair you would stick with hair....also of course a big jackpot winner could find plenty to do, but spending you money like you'll never go broke is the fastest way to bankruptcy...I dont think me running a few successful Chick' fil'A restaurants will break me Im pretty sure I could make some money there and just keep busy, like I said I love my down time but I dont like too much of it...I'd just go crazy....but this is all a theory wish I'd won last night so I coulda put it to the test LOL...Oh well maybe next time