Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won the big one. Where would you NOT want to move to?

Topic closed. 112 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Milwaukee, WI
United States
Member #3131
December 27, 2003
665 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2013, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

I can make a case for living in almost anywhere. Even the boring state of Iowa... :-)

I see nothing in New Jersey, Mass and some of those crowded eastern states with screwed up politics. North Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma are boring, the communist State of Texas is boring and has messed up politics, and is ready to blow away in a cloud of dust when it's not flooding.  I can buy my Tesla in China, but I would have to jump through hoops in Texas......

When I traveled to the East 5 years ago I swore never again!  Though Maine, NH, VT even some of NY have their appeal. California and Minnesota was off my good list, but it seems to have improved.

United States
    Member #142625
    May 16, 2013
    34 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2013, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Somewhere gated, with other wealthy people.
    somewhere with less minorities and people asking me for spare change.
    it especially pisses me off when they ask for spare change while I'm working.
    Its like "f u dude. how you going to ask me for change when you see me out here working for pennies"

I need a big win bad. Im losing it

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
      East of Columbus, OH
      United States
      Member #120843
      December 28, 2011
      451 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2013, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I would not move to any foreign countries.  I would not move to any large (100,000+) cities.  Probably stay where I am, with just a slightly different location and more acreage.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19817 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I can make a case for living in almost anywhere. Even the boring state of Iowa... :-)

I see nothing in New Jersey, Mass and some of those crowded eastern states with screwed up politics. North Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma are boring, the communist State of Texas is boring and has messed up politics, and is ready to blow away in a cloud of dust when it's not flooding.  I can buy my Tesla in China, but I would have to jump through hoops in Texas......

When I traveled to the East 5 years ago I swore never again!  Though Maine, NH, VT even some of NY have their appeal. California and Minnesota was off my good list, but it seems to have improved.

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2013, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Here's where I would not want to go:

Anywhere that has the initiative-crushing, creativity-destroying, freedom-limiting, liberty-denying, sloth-like, lumbering, centralized, massive, megalomonstrous mountain of soul-stifling, suffocating, oppressive, bureaucratic government clusterfluck like we have under our current administration in Washington DC.

Here's where I would like to go:

Anywhere God and His Son Jesus Christ can be worshipped and publicly acknowledged without some whining lib filing suit because him is OFFENDED. Where men marry only women and women marry only men and none of them kill their precious babies.

Where a man can carry his gun and do anything else he wants to do as long as he's not hurting anybody without the whining weasels of the Left having hissy-fits or slimy, sniveling, government bureaucrats legislating against it.

Somewhere politicians realize they work for us and not the other way around -- and act like it.

Yeah, that's where I'd prefer to be, where a man is free and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights still mean something like they used to.

But I don't think there's anywhere like that in this country anymore.

And that's sad cuz it wasn't that long ago that we used to be free.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            935 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2013, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Anywhere that has the initiative-crushing, creativity-destroying, freedom-limiting, liberty-denying, sloth-like, lumbering, centralized, massive, megalomonstrous mountain of soul-stifling, suffocating, oppressive, bureaucratic government clusterfluck like we have under our current administration in Washington DC.

Anywhere God and His Son Jesus Christ can be worshipped and publicly acknowledged without some whining lib filing suit because him is OFFENDED. Where men marry only women and women marry only men and none of them kill their precious babies.

Where a man can carry his gun and do anything else he wants to do as long as he's not hurting anybody without the whining weasels of the Left having hissy-fits or slimy, sniveling, government bureaucrats legislating against it.

Somewhere politicians realize they work for us and not the other way around -- and act like it.

Yeah, that's where I'd prefer to be, where a man is free and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights still mean something like they used to.

AMEN.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40469 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2013, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Amen US Flag

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

addai1516's avatar - lib
                Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                United States
                Member #93153
                June 23, 2010
                4087 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2013, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

East detroit and north west chicago lol

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

United States
                  Member #135804
                  November 29, 2012
                  318 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

East St. Louis

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4791 Posts
                    Posted: November 4, 2013, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Amen US Flag

Amen. US Flag

J'aime La France.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4791 Posts
                      Posted: November 4, 2013, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

East St. Louis

lol lol  One time we were on a family vacation driving to somewhere and both my younger brother and I were not feeling well later in the day. So our mother hurriedly found a motel for the evening that looked ok from the outside (we were in East St. Louis). So we dragged ourselves out of the car to the 2nd floor and there was a "lady of the evening" arguing with some guy outside the door next to our room. She said "BACK to the CAR NOW!!" and dropped the motel key in the mailbox.

J'aime La France.

United States
                        Member #125918
                        March 31, 2012
                        362 Posts
                        Posted: November 4, 2013, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I would not want to move anywhere in the USA and i bail out and live in the caribbean where i don't have to worry about Obamadontcare taxing me and etc! I hope to win big before or on 2016 election because it's gonna get way worse and we all know who is going to be President and it's Billary the *&%^&%%&*((.....

Milwaukee, WI
                          United States
                          Member #3131
                          December 27, 2003
                          665 Posts
                          Posted: November 4, 2013, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

------where a man is free and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights still mean something like they used to.

Like with the Wisconsin conservative government where you have to get a government permit to protest.  1st amendment

Like the CONSERVATIVE govenment in Wisconsin where you get arrested for singing. 1st amendment

Like in Texas with Tesla.......

In their showroom they are only allowed to give a web site.They are not allowed to give test rides. 1st amendment

Not allowed to mention the price. 1st amendment

Not allowed to display a logo on the service center. 1st amendment

Not allowed to advertise that they do service work. 1st amendment

Not allowed to make appointments 1st amendment

On delivery not allowed to demo anything on the car 1st amendment

On deliver not allowed to wash the car 1st amendment

The great state of NC actually wanted to ban people from NC to access the Tesla website.

"open for business"   - With liberty and justice for SALE.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: November 4, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

------where a man is free and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights still mean something like they used to.

Like with the Wisconsin conservative government where you have to get a government permit to protest.  1st amendment

Like the CONSERVATIVE govenment in Wisconsin where you get arrested for singing. 1st amendment

Like in Texas with Tesla.......

In their showroom they are only allowed to give a web site.They are not allowed to give test rides. 1st amendment

Not allowed to mention the price. 1st amendment

Not allowed to display a logo on the service center. 1st amendment

Not allowed to advertise that they do service work. 1st amendment

Not allowed to make appointments 1st amendment

On delivery not allowed to demo anything on the car 1st amendment

On deliver not allowed to wash the car 1st amendment

The great state of NC actually wanted to ban people from NC to access the Tesla website.

"open for business"   - With liberty and justice for SALE.

Nobody cares about Tesla except the guy getting campaign donations from them.

We've given Tesla enough money to build their cars in Finland.

Let Finland buy the next round.

Nobody wants electric cars anyway, they don't sell.

It's just another green-energy black-hole like Solyndra that we keep dumping taxpayer's money into. They're gonna go belly up anyway, everybody knows it.

If they can't make it on their own we should let them collapse like Solyndra did but without giving all the lib execs the golden parachutes we gave Solyndra.

Maybe you should donate to keep them in business if you want but kindly leave the rest of us out of it.

Thanks ever so much.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                              Connecticut
                              United States
                              Member #61623
                              May 29, 2008
                              20581 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't want to move to the south bronx  lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."