Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What future Republican president would have the courage to write an executive order to totally ban a

Topic closed. 164 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Shelby Mustang.

Page 7 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2013, 8:35 am - IP Logged

All I know is China isn't dumb.Irregardless what party  the presidents have been from,there came a tipping point a while back to let the world

economies gradually crash to employ a one world currency.This is hardly a conspiracy.Everything up till now clearly supports that notion.

...add to that the extreme dumbing down of the entire population(and cleverly forcing you) to buying into their 'data mining' gizmos doesn't sum up to a good ending.

home security systems where you are monitored???..really

new cell phones that require a thumb print to log on..???  really

I could go on and on but the sad part is this ride could stop when the people stop buying this <snip> to support the unrealistic agenda

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

We're lucky that all that stuff is still optional and voluntary, jonny.

Cuz the day is coming when it'll all be mandatory by law.

Along with the "mark" (chip?) in or on your right hand or forehead, without which you will neither buy nor sell.

Just for the record, I won't be getting one of those.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4987 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2013, 8:40 am - IP Logged

I can't imagine how anyone who actually has a job thinks the economy has recovered and everything is back to normal. I deal with a lot of individuals and businesses (day job) that at one time would spend an unlimited amount of money to have one help them out. They would not care what the bill was and how many people were needed to get the job done right.  Now, ALL of these clients only want a fixed number of hours allotted to a matter and will often decide to not explore issues further because of the costs. OT is a rare commodity is my office when it once was common and the norm. If big business is still not spending, alarms should be sounding.

And in terms of the economy hitting rock bottom, based on some contacts I have, the US was within minutes of having its entire financial system collapse before and it can happen again.

J'aime La France.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
      NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3818 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2013, 8:50 am - IP Logged

I can't imagine how anyone who actually has a job thinks the economy has recovered and everything is back to normal. I deal with a lot of individuals and businesses (day job) that at one time would spend an unlimited amount of money to have one help them out. They would not care what the bill was and how many people were needed to get the job done right.  Now, ALL of these clients only want a fixed number of hours allotted to a matter and will often decide to not explore issues further because of the costs. OT is a rare commodity is my office when it once was common and the norm. If big business is still not spending, alarms should be sounding.

And in terms of the economy hitting rock bottom, based on some contacts I have, the US was within minutes of having its entire financial system collapse before and it can happen again.

A few days ago, I heard a news broadcaster say; "The President has created 3,000,000 new jobs."

And I belive it too!  Cuz I have three of them myself.

OT where I work has been shut off for so long, I cant remember when anyone last worked any. The reason? It's due to "customer spend" being so off... And those customers are Fortune 100's, not small business. My emloyer is also a member of The Fortune 100. Besides no OT, the other watchword throughout the corporation is "Layoffs". 

So Mr. President, thanks for creating all of those new jobs.  The only thing is, $9.00 an hour wont feed the bulldog.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
        Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
        United States
        Member #50210
        March 1, 2007
        843 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2013, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Thanks Jill, I work in the food service industry, We supply to hospitals, schools and businesses.

We are also open to the general public, With that being said, here's what I know.

Many of our truck customers, those are cutomers who have to spend x amount of dollars to have food delivered straight to them, now are shopping in store.

Well, because they are slow, mostly small diners and bars, no longer get a truck delivery, they were throwing away to much product because they couldn't sell it anymore.

You name a business and they come to us.

Listening to some of them tells me just how bad it is, they have soaring taxes and soaring utility bills.

Gas, water, electricity, are getting out of hand, this can be directly blamed on the EPA, The ever changing rules and laws are creating this.  hmmmm

Many of the people I come in contact with, all are on the same wave length, many are trading in trucks and suvs, for midsize cars, including us, Gave up my cool soccer mom mini van for a chevy Malibu, Went from putting 70 dollars a week down to 20 dollars a week.

Many people are getting rid of premium cable, This will a) cause higher prices, or eventually layoffs.

It's all about the trickle down effect, people will start getting rid of the extras, and because the US is a giant, this slow moving turtle isn't being noticed, until the turtle stops.

Many are not going out to dinner, giving to charities, buying the little extras.

The mom and pops are hurting.

Now, many are losing their health coverage, thanks to you know who...including us, as of Jan 1, were screwed.

We both have pre-existing and to get coverage the cost will be 3 times higher.so far about 5 million people across the country have lost coverage.

This trend will continue until next fall, it's predicted nearly 196 million people will lose their health coverage, they can go to the exchanges or pay the penalty tax, this is when people stop spending ! The slow moving turtle.

Now we have another situation brewing, about 17 states mine for coal, 45 percent of the country depends on coal for electricty, well, the EPA has even stricter laws and guidelines for 2014, thanks to you know who, many of these companies will go under, luckily, there's someone ready to step in, but the cost is in the billions, and of course the American tax payer will foot the bill through higher electric bills.

You always have to watch the man behind the curtain.

It is sad where our country is headed. We have close to 50 million people who now depend on food stamps and the number of folks who currently receive any sort of entitlement outnumber the nations full-time employees.

We received a cancellation notice for our health insurance as well. After speaking to our insurance company, we found out by the time we added all the mandates required our policy would be raised by over 60%. I agree that currently we have only seen roughly 5 million policies canceled but just wait until the fall of 2014 when employer based policies take it's toll on their employees...that number will be frightening.

Our current Government is anti-coal and not only are the coal miners suffering but the rest of us will as well once the regulations and guidelines get implemented in 2014. 

I only hope that the 2014 mid-terms can bring us all a positive change.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2013, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

It is sad where our country is headed. We have close to 50 million people who now depend on food stamps and the number of folks who currently receive any sort of entitlement outnumber the nations full-time employees.

We received a cancellation notice for our health insurance as well. After speaking to our insurance company, we found out by the time we added all the mandates required our policy would be raised by over 60%. I agree that currently we have only seen roughly 5 million policies canceled but just wait until the fall of 2014 when employer based policies take it's toll on their employees...that number will be frightening.

Our current Government is anti-coal and not only are the coal miners suffering but the rest of us will as well once the regulations and guidelines get implemented in 2014. 

I only hope that the 2014 mid-terms can bring us all a positive change.

Just out of curiosity Jill- where do you think Romney would have taken the country? Do you think it would have been nothing but Blue skies, prosperity as far as the eye can see? If so: why is it that the country rejected him and lets not say because of his religion.

Talking about regulations: Lets look at a favourite..

Reagan and Deregulation:

Reagan was applauded for continuing to eliminate the Nixon-era price controls. These were blamed for constraining the free-market equilibrium that would have prevented inflation. Reagan further removed controls on oil and gas, cable television and long-distance phone service, as well as interstate bus service and ocean shipping.Bank regulations were eased. In 1982, the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act was passed, which removed restrictions on loan-to-value ratios for Savings and Loan banks. Reagan's budget cut also reduced regulatory staff at the Federal Home Loan Bank Board. As a result, banks invested in risky real estate ventures (sound familiar?). Reagan's deregulation and budget cutting contributed to the Savings and Loan crisis of 1989.

Import barriers were actually increased, as Reagan doubled the number of items that were subject to trade restraint from 12% in 1980 to 23% in 1988. Little was done in other regulations affecting health, safety, and the environment. In fact, although Reagan reduced regulations, it was at a slower pace than under Carter. 

Beating Inflation:

Reagan captured the mood of voters when he said, "Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man." To combat inflation, Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker steadily raised the Fed funds rate to 20%, successfully ending double-digit inflation.

However, it also triggered the resumption of recession, lasting from July 1981 - November 1982. This contractionary monetary policy reduced business spending. This resulted in a 10.8% unemployment rate, the highest in any recession. Unemployment remained above 10% for nearly a year.

**About.com 

* BTW- I voted for neither party- so l have no dog in this fight.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1654 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2013, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Just out of curiosity Jill- where do you think Romney would have taken the country? Do you think it would have been nothing but Blue skies, prosperity as far as the eye can see? If so: why is it that the country rejected him and lets not say because of his religion.

Talking about regulations: Lets look at a favourite..

Reagan and Deregulation:

Reagan was applauded for continuing to eliminate the Nixon-era price controls. These were blamed for constraining the free-market equilibrium that would have prevented inflation. Reagan further removed controls on oil and gas, cable television and long-distance phone service, as well as interstate bus service and ocean shipping.Bank regulations were eased. In 1982, the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act was passed, which removed restrictions on loan-to-value ratios for Savings and Loan banks. Reagan's budget cut also reduced regulatory staff at the Federal Home Loan Bank Board. As a result, banks invested in risky real estate ventures (sound familiar?). Reagan's deregulation and budget cutting contributed to the Savings and Loan crisis of 1989.

Import barriers were actually increased, as Reagan doubled the number of items that were subject to trade restraint from 12% in 1980 to 23% in 1988. Little was done in other regulations affecting health, safety, and the environment. In fact, although Reagan reduced regulations, it was at a slower pace than under Carter. 

Beating Inflation:

Reagan captured the mood of voters when he said, "Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man." To combat inflation, Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker steadily raised the Fed funds rate to 20%, successfully ending double-digit inflation.

However, it also triggered the resumption of recession, lasting from July 1981 - November 1982. This contractionary monetary policy reduced business spending. This resulted in a 10.8% unemployment rate, the highest in any recession. Unemployment remained above 10% for nearly a year.

**About.com 

* BTW- I voted for neither party- so l have no dog in this fight.

I really like the way you approach such politics and biases. Most people only want to look at what's wrong with the other party and ignore their party's issues...both past and present. This, to me, is eqivalent to a horse with blinders. If a person only listens to and abides by one side of what they hear only, it's guaranteed they'll miss some truth and facts which will directly contradict and rival what they're being 'fed' by their own party. It goes both ways and people should honestly do their diligence and take in all sides of what's being said about issues at hand.

Then, they need to go BACK and find out what each side LEFT OUT in terms of facts and actual numbers because BOTH SIDES INTENTIONALLY LEAVE THINGS OUT, INTENTIONALLY, to further support their agendas. I was one of those that did this...only looked at specific channels, listened to specific radio stations (talk shows), and everything else was null and void. These were also the most pitiful, dumbest, and adolescent-type actions I think I've ever taken. There's truth everywhere, but it's the ability to extract the most truth and who's telling it which is the problem...if you have blinders on. There's a whole lot of 'follow the leader' going on with both sides and that's cool so long as the leader is doing what's right.

It's when the blind are leading the blind, and, the 'seeing eye dog' is beaten and forced to also misguide the blind that everyone should be in an uproar. Rather, those that see very well yet intentionally mislead those who can also see but opt to remain blind for impractical purposes...these are the most dangerous and irresponsible individuals.

Like you, I don't have a dog in this fight anymore 'cause I got tired of both sides trying to convince me with nothing but very sophisticated lies. 

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Keep going sonny boy, we want your whole life story.

Don't hold back.

Do you have your helmet on?  LOL

Sonny boy!! So it IS boys...do you have YOUR helmet on LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4146 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2013, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Bad Blood between you two?- OUCH.

This can always be rectified B2B...how?-  by following this sound advice....

United States
                  Member #149141
                  November 21, 2013
                  713 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2013, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I believe we can all agree that neither politcal party seems trustworthy. As far a better off?

As to what? The jobless rate is around 8%? In reality it's closer to double that or better... How's

that healthcare debacle doing for you? I lost mine and have no clue if and when I will be getting

it again or it's additional costs... Oogle 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2013, 9:19 am - IP Logged

I kinda thought so.

OK, good job, now keep projecting and we just might be able to help you.

Now, have you ever had an original thought or do you feel more secure just repeating what others say like you do with your Saturday Night Live political opinions?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 2, 2013, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Bad Blood between you two?- OUCH.

This can always be rectified B2B...how?-  by following this sound advice....

No bad blood on my part.

I'm just trying to help the little guy understand why everybody thinks he's a loon.

But I also have to accept the fact that I can't help him if he doesn't want help.

He has to take the first step by admitting that he's a loon.

But I think he's just too high strung to do that.

The poor soul.

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I kinda thought so.

OK, good job, now keep projecting and we just might be able to help you.

Now, have you ever had an original thought or do you feel more secure just repeating what others say like you do with your Saturday Night Live political opinions?

LOL I swear I could not have said it better myself....All your comments really pertain to you, I love it...Keep it up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

LOL I swear I could not have said it better myself....All your comments really pertain to you, I love it...Keep it up

Still repeating what I say...

Hmmm...

I can't help you if you won't take that first step, loony.

Try to say something concocted from your own brain now.

No matter how stupid.

We won't laugh, I promise.

OK, go ahead...

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Still repeating what I say...

Hmmm...

I can't help you if you won't take that first step, loony.

Try to say something concocted from your own brain now.

No matter how stupid.

We won't laugh, I promise.

OK, go ahead...

You're priceless...I swear i don't have to say anything everything that comes out of your mouth actually describes you!!! Please come up with something else that describes you...Go on Im waiting LOL

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                              Texas Panhandle
                              United States
                              Member #136843
                              December 20, 2012
                              1409 Posts
                              Posted: December 2, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I believe we can all agree that neither politcal party seems trustworthy. As far a better off?

As to what? The jobless rate is around 8%? In reality it's closer to double that or better... How's

that healthcare debacle doing for you? I lost mine and have no clue if and when I will be getting

it again or it's additional costs... Oogle 

Actually, no... not all of us.   Only the reasonable and honest among us realize that, but you have some "yellow dog Democrats" in here that will support their Messiah, no matter what.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                               - George Orwell

Page 7 of 11