Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Can Only Be Won With A Quick Pick!

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMomma.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3459 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2013, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Ronald Willis in california won $120 million in the mega millions game with his own numbers.

Ronald Willis won before the changes to Mega Millions. There is a reason why  no one has won yet with the new matrix. Because MUSL will need to sell almost all combinations to produce 1 winner. That is why it will take a quick pick IMO. I can't wait to come to this thread when the sole winner wins with a quick pick.

Guess Who's Back?

Tang's avatar - abstract
    Atlanta, Georgia
    United States
    Member #465
    July 9, 2002
    2210 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2013, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions will continue to roll until 1 lucky person buys the right quick pick. The new matrix was designed for no one to win until the jackpot gets so high and everyone buys in. Which could result in all possible combinations being sold. Can you imagine the resentment and backlash against MUSL and the winner.

I was thinking the same thing too when I found out that the jackpot had rolled over to $400 million. So, I went to the store and bought a quick pick and a cashier reminded me to share the wealth.  So, I will glady share with the local charities and then buy a ticket to Hawaii. Okay, for a split second, I had this crazy dream. Good luck to all that play Mega Millions.

I've always said that I'm blessed, but to win a jackpot.......... you have to be lucky!!

Don't forget to flip those 6's/9's.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2013, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking the same thing too when I found out that the jackpot had rolled over to $400 million. So, I went to the store and bought a quick pick and a cashier reminded me to share the wealth.  So, I will glady share with the local charities and then buy a ticket to Hawaii. Okay, for a split second, I had this crazy dream. Good luck to all that play Mega Millions.

I've always said that I'm blessed, but to win a jackpot.......... you have to be lucky!!

When the cashier told you to remember to share the wealth, I don't think he had charities in mind.

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1496 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I hope it's not a sole winner, because most of us will probably never win with always having a one winner jackpot game.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2013, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Ronald Willis in california won $120 million in the mega millions game with his own numbers.

You got that right- Ronald was just as surprised as everyone else- he had picked his numbers from events in his life, like kid's baptism, his highschool jersey # etc.

There is no such thing as " only a quick pick" wins the lottery jackpot, if that were the case everyone would be dumping their self pick numbers and playing QP's  24/7.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4105 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, maybe so.

Noisy glaze said gloria was golden.  NO  Gail Howard is golden.

Gloria is just a lucky bitch.

Hey Idiot: are you reading my posts and adding your ridiculous spin to it? Do you even think with a clear head?- l mentioned "Golden Gloria" because she happened to be at the right place at the right time to nail that awesome Jackpot with a single ticket. If that is not Golden moment, what is? Don't answer that, your responses are sewer grade.

As for your precious Gail Howard- when was the last time someone said they won using her system? Perhaps you are a disciple of hers, well good luck with that. As for calling Gloria a Bitch- that's rather bumptious of you youngster- how do you know she is one? Did she make that known to you in a private conversation? Where is your respect for the elderly you lying sack of liquid crap?

* If you one of those flamers who lurks around looking for trouble- better try some other easy prey, l have no time for your BS

FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
              South Florida
              United States
              Member #71280
              February 22, 2009
              15312 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2013, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

California statistician Mike Orkin, the author of “What Are the Odds? Chance in Everyday Life,” put the chances of winning in perspective.

By the numbers, you have a 1 in 175,711,536 chance of picking the winning numbers.

That means the following, according to Orkin:

If you buy 50 tickets a week, you will win the jackpot every 68,000 years.

If every time you drive a mile, you buy one ticket, you will have to drive an average distance of 370 roundtrips to the moon before you win the jackpot.

If you buy one ticket and have one friend in Canada and you put the names of every single person in Canada in a container and draw a name at random, you are five times more likely to draw your friend’s name than win the jackpot.

If you buy one ticket, you are 33 times more likely to be killed in the next year by a wasp or bee than you are to win the jackpot.

Orkin, an associate vice chancellor at the Peralta Community College District, said you could guarantee a win, but only if you bought 176 million tickets and selected a different combination of numbers for each one.

Even if you had the money to do that, there is one problem: If you fill out three tickets a minute, 24 hours a day, it will take 110 years to fill them out.

All of that said, Orkin said it’s still worth a try.

“For a $1 bet, you can change your lifestyle if you win,” he said. “One dollar isn’t going to make you go bankrupt. Here you have this very, very small chance of completely changing your lifestyle, so why not spend a dollar on it?”

Orkin said that most people recognize that they aren’t going to be that one extremely lucky person who gets the $400 million jackpot. But they play anyway because they don’t want to be left out.

“It is sort of a public frenzy,” he said. “People like to get into the action.”

And take heart –- if you lose on Friday, you will be in good company. You will be part of a massive social network.

“This is like the Facebook for gambling,” he said. “For every winner, there are 176 million losers. You are just part of that group.”

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2013, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

@Noisy-Glaze

At least your verbosity is consistent.

But your right I should have better said Gloria was one lucky homo sapien of the XX chromosomal variety.

Whereas if you ever win you would just be a lucky ape.

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4105 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2013, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

@Noisy-Glaze

At least your verbosity is consistent.

But your right I should have better said Gloria was one lucky homo sapien of the XX chromosomal variety.

Whereas if you ever win you would just be a lucky ape.

Listen: Take up a hobby that does not involve annoying people- or go to the local shelter and find a dog,  better yet get a girlfriend if she will allow herself into a demented relationship.

FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
                    South Florida
                    United States
                    Member #71280
                    February 22, 2009
                    15312 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2013, 10:21 pm - IP Logged
                      weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Mcminnville, Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #3013
                      December 13, 2003
                      3047 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing a single set of numbers for mega millions since about the beginning of the change to the new matrix so I hope that I at least get the $5 million winner.  I don't need the jackpot unless all my numbers hit and that will be an act of god.-weshar75

US Flag

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4105 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2013, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing a single set of numbers for mega millions since about the beginning of the change to the new matrix so I hope that I at least get the $5 million winner.  I don't need the jackpot unless all my numbers hit and that will be an act of god.-weshar75

US Flag

" l dont need the jackpot unless all my numbers hit"- That has got to be the post of the night weshar75.

Its similar to saying l will only go out on a date with this Model  if she wants to go out with me..!!- lol.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10347 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2013, 12:17 am - IP Logged

You got that right- Ronald was just as surprised as everyone else- he had picked his numbers from events in his life, like kid's baptism, his highschool jersey # etc.

There is no such thing as " only a quick pick" wins the lottery jackpot, if that were the case everyone would be dumping their self pick numbers and playing QP's  24/7.

True, but either way, it's still luck.

Or we'd have news stories like this:

In California today a man went back to his high school and beat his coach up because some years ago the coach had given him jersey number 36 instead of 37.

In Iowa a woman  gave her oldest daughter a swift kick in the keister and the daughter asked her what that was for. The woman told her if she would have been born on the 9th instead of the 10th they'd be multi-millionaires.

Someone here on LP from Georgia said that in Georgia you can 'mix and match' your numbers and a QP. I wonder if that applies to MM and PB also, and if so and such a ticket won the jackpot if it would be considered a QP or a self pick.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                            Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2013, 5:17 am - IP Logged

Isn't it a bit strange to stare at the jackpot?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2013, 5:43 am - IP Logged

True, but either way, it's still luck.

Or we'd have news stories like this:

In California today a man went back to his high school and beat his coach up because some years ago the coach had given him jersey number 36 instead of 37.

In Iowa a woman  gave her oldest daughter a swift kick in the keister and the daughter asked her what that was for. The woman told her if she would have been born on the 9th instead of the 10th they'd be multi-millionaires.

Someone here on LP from Georgia said that in Georgia you can 'mix and match' your numbers and a QP. I wonder if that applies to MM and PB also, and if so and such a ticket won the jackpot if it would be considered a QP or a self pick.

Coin,

You can play as many numbers as you want and QP the rest on all the JP games in TN (Hot Lotto, Tennessee Cash, MM and PB).

The majority of jerks, I mean clerks, don't know about it though and if asked they'll say no, you can't do that.