Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Can Only Be Won With A Quick Pick!

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMomma.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I guess Ira Curry disproved that it takes a single quick pick from all combinations sold.

It will be interesting though to see if the next jackpot goes this high.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #77815
    August 1, 2009
    3459 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

How many tickets do you need to win the jackpot? 1

I also have 1 quick pick ticket.

I was wrong about the quick pick because the winning numbers were so low. But I was right about 1 ticket.

Guess Who's Back?

Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I was wrong about the quick pick because the winning numbers were so low. But I was right about 1 ticket.

That's the thing with draws though, there are numerous ones that have all low numbers. Just because numbers go so high doesn't mean any of the winning numbers will go up that high.

I think more than anything it showed anyone can win any draw. It's also MegaMillion's ideal win with the new matrix. $1 wager, personal picks and low numbers.

Florida
        United States
        Member #77815
        August 1, 2009
        3459 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2014, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

The California winner won with a quick pick.

Tran says he and his family visit San Jose because there is a large Vietnamese community there, plus they can eat and shop. Tran said he bought five quick pick tickets at Jenny's Gift & Kids Wear, a store tucked away in a Tully Road strip mall.

Guess Who's Back?

Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2014, 4:11 am - IP Logged

The other winner had a single personal pick, though, plus it looks like last nights drawing had a winner at only 5 draws in.

So, it appears MegaMillions can still be won by any person, with any play style and at any time.

Florida
            United States
            Member #77815
            August 1, 2009
            3459 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2014, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions Jackpot Winner!  There was one $61 million jackpot winner from Tennessee in the Friday, January 03, 2014 Mega Millions drawing.  I bet it was a quick pick.

Guess Who's Back?

Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2014, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions Jackpot Winner!  There was one $61 million jackpot winner from Tennessee in the Friday, January 03, 2014 Mega Millions drawing.  I bet it was a quick pick.

It doesn't matter if it is or not. 95% of plays are QP so of course over 95% of wins will be QP. Point is, since we've already had a winner with personal picks in the new matrix (the very first win), is that it doesn't take a large portion of the population to buy in.

Despite the new matrix, people are winning the same ways people won before the change.

lottobrain's avatar - box
                Smyrna, DE
                United States
                Member #10074
                January 1, 2005
                125 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2014, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions will continue to roll until 1 lucky person buys the right quick pick. The new matrix was designed for no one to win until the jackpot gets so high and everyone buys in. Which could result in all possible combinations being sold. Can you imagine the resentment and backlash against MUSL and the winner.

I thought I understood that the woman who shared the $600 million plus jackpot on Dec. 17 played and won with a ticket of her numbers of children's ages and birthdays.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3459 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2014, 9:19 am - IP Logged

I thought I understood that the woman who shared the $600 million plus jackpot on Dec. 17 played and won with a ticket of her numbers of children's ages and birthdays.

She did!

Guess Who's Back?

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #100025
                    November 4, 2010
                    158 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Since they raised the bar... I only play one or two dollars.. no megaplier previously but may be a consideration only since the gold ball is only 1-15 now.. or I might consider the megaplier, if I were to pick the gold ball myself in anticipation what I were to think might come in.

I think one of the other posters is right.. with odds now 250M plus to 1.. your odds of hitting might be best served to an easy pic... since I believe even if you did win with your own numbers, say birthdays and anniversaries, it would probably be due to merely luck of the draw not that someone had a program to strategize such odds.  If that were the case alot more people would probably be winning! LOL

But, like my Dad always says.. can't win if you don't play.

LottoMomma

See Ya!