Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Can Only Be Won With A Quick Pick!

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMomma.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2013, 6:03 am - IP Logged

Well I hope you bought a bunch of them, because if there was ever a lucky QP winner on LP, (thats still around), it would be you.  (RIP Mcginnin) 

Anyway Good luck to you friday Win500!

The difference is Win showed a winning ticket.

McDoofus showed strings of emoticons that he seemed to think were hilarious partnered with his constant banal, vapid, insipid attempts at humor in every single post with his trademark girly-man flair. Thank God we've been spared from that.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #77815
    August 1, 2009
    3460 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2013, 9:12 am - IP Logged

You got that right- Ronald was just as surprised as everyone else- he had picked his numbers from events in his life, like kid's baptism, his highschool jersey # etc.

There is no such thing as " only a quick pick" wins the lottery jackpot, if that were the case everyone would be dumping their self pick numbers and playing QP's  24/7.

When I said "only a quick pick", I am talking about with the new matrix. People who have been doing self picks had to now consider 1-75 numbers. Of course someone can win with their own numbers. But I am convinced the first winner under the new matrix will win with a quick pick because these supersized jackpots bring out people who don't play regularly. What do you think they buy? Quick Picks.

Guess Who's Back?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2013, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Coin,

You can play as many numbers as you want and QP the rest on all the JP games in TN (Hot Lotto, Tennessee Cash, MM and PB).

The majority of jerks, I mean clerks, don't know about it though and if asked they'll say no, you can't do that.

rdgrnr,

Didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Should somebody win with a ticket like that now I'm really wondering what it would be called? A combo QP / Self pick?

I think most here didn't know that.....so it won;t be long before someone comes up with the "50% QP / 50% Self pick" system!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

When I said "only a quick pick", I am talking about with the new matrix. People who have been doing self picks had to now consider 1-75 numbers. Of course someone can win with their own numbers. But I am convinced the first winner under the new matrix will win with a quick pick because these supersized jackpots bring out people who don't play regularly. What do you think they buy? Quick Picks.

You may be on to something here.

I can't quantify it exactly, but it appears that there may be more quick picks with the new MM compared to old MM. That could be due to precisely what you said: if people self pick 31 and under numbers, well, their playslip looks real weird and lopsided, using less than half of the available numbers. So they naturally spread it around more and so new MM gets better number diversity and coverage.

Only MM knows exactly the QP to SP ratio, whether it's 70% or 90% QPs. But still, even they don't really know for sure. Even a SP can be random, like using 3rd party offline QP generators like LP or random org, or just simple human random generator hunt and peck method.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2013, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I get your point- however the word " only"  cannot be used in a game of chance since the outcome cannot be determined in advance. .that's all.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm convinced that something that happens 70 to 80% of the time is likely to happen 70 to 80% of the time, too. Of course I also realize there's a 20 to 30% chance that something else will happen.

Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2013, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

rdgrnr,

Didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Should somebody win with a ticket like that now I'm really wondering what it would be called? A combo QP / Self pick?

I think most here didn't know that.....so it won;t be long before someone comes up with the "50% QP / 50% Self pick" system!

I call 'em a half and half ticket. I usually get one when the JP gets big, over $300M or so. We'll see if the SPs or QPs have better results.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2013, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Jon D,

I think in Georgia and from what rdgrnr posted for Tennessee you can play like this, let's say you're playing a 6/52 game........if you filled out a playslip with 1 16  27 and asked them to run it, the other three numbers are quick picks.

I think they're all mixed on the same line.

Georgia also has a Pick 5 game that's a Pick 4 and another digit, and you have to hit in order.

So their Pick 5 has results like 1 6 8 6 2.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Jon D,

I think in Georgia and from what rdgrnr posted for Tennessee you can play like this, let's say you're playing a 6/52 game........if you filled out a playslip with 1 16  27 and asked them to run it, the other three numbers are quick picks.

I think they're all mixed on the same line.

Georgia also has a Pick 5 game that's a Pick 4 and another digit, and you have to hit in order.

So their Pick 5 has results like 1 6 8 6 2.

Oh, OK, I gotcha: mix SP and QP on the same line.

Never tried that.

But I remember a clerk telling me about the new terminals they got upgraded to recently. They are much more flexible than the old ones. They can load playslips upside down or even sideways, and if someone makes a mistake on their slip, they don't have to hand it back and have them re-do it, they can fix it right there on the screen for any missing/dupe numbers. I guess they probably have a "finish it up with QPs" button too?

That's a weird way to play, so I'd probably never do that.

Lots of places still have the old terminals though. His store is a top seller so he got upgraded first.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: December 13, 2013, 3:35 am - IP Logged

Ronald Willis won before the changes to Mega Millions. There is a reason why  no one has won yet with the new matrix. Because MUSL will need to sell almost all combinations to produce 1 winner. That is why it will take a quick pick IMO. I can't wait to come to this thread when the sole winner wins with a quick pick.

Well, since ~80% of all wins are quick pick, it's going to be likely this winner will as well (even if it was before the changes).

You're "theory" won't hold until MegaMillions is won numerous times ONLY via quick picks and ONLY past a certain number amount. My guess is that won't happen, there will be many high number winners but there will also be those outliers that we have now, like when PowerBall was won every other draw for a month.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #77815
                      August 1, 2009
                      3460 Posts
                      Posted: December 13, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Well, since ~80% of all wins are quick pick, it's going to be likely this winner will as well (even if it was before the changes).

You're "theory" won't hold until MegaMillions is won numerous times ONLY via quick picks and ONLY past a certain number amount. My guess is that won't happen, there will be many high number winners but there will also be those outliers that we have now, like when PowerBall was won every other draw for a month.

I'll wait.

Guess Who's Back?

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #77815
                        August 1, 2009
                        3460 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot will be won with a quick pick from Florida.

Guess Who's Back?

gnozahs's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United States
                          Member #148996
                          November 17, 2013
                          28 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2013, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot at $636 mil now. Ahh!

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                            Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #149492
                            December 2, 2013
                            919 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2013, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I hope the title of this thread is correct.  In my possession I have one $1.00 QP.  Smile

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #77815
                              August 1, 2009
                              3460 Posts
                              Posted: December 17, 2013, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I hope the title of this thread is correct.  In my possession I have one $1.00 QP.  Smile

How many tickets do you need to win the jackpot? 1

I also have 1 quick pick ticket.

Guess Who's Back?