Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Does it make sense to play

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 3 years ago by gnozahs.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Does it makes sense to play a game that likely will only get hit when all combos are played?

Makes sense to me [ 16 ]  [50.00%]
No, not to me [ 5 ]  [15.62%]
They're going after uninformed players [ 3 ]  [9.38%]
Sell the sizzle, not the steak MUSL [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
What Neal Armstrong's neighbor's wife said [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Well, there is the $1 prize for the Mega Ball [ 2 ]  [6.25%]
An LP'er said they will play all combos [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Waiting for the right fortune cookie [ 2 ]  [6.25%]
I can't wait for the 99 number grid [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Other [ 2 ]  [6.25%]
Total Valid Votes [ 32 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Okay, in the end, a chance is still a chance and I'm gonna reply here the same way I replied to Thrifty in my PM's. I never said it was impossible, just that it's next to impossible and highly unlikely. But, you never know where luck may be just waiting to oblige those high hopes of that one person, or, few people for a cool $1M each. Hell, I just really learned that the number count went up...as most can see! I've been talking about (50) numbers and it's went up by (20)! See, I told you that I don't even keep up with the big scams...I mean big games and what's going on with them. If it has no real potential which I can control to put money in my pocket, I severely limit my interaction with it.

However, in light of possibly being hit by a huge piece of meteorite and living to tell the story, I'll prolly play it a time or two in the near future 'just because'. Okay, now let's see here. I've gotta pick out of (75) numbers... the first (19) of 'em begin with a (1), and all the rest are progressively (10) each, except the (7's) which is only (6) each. Whew, I've my work cut out here!!!! Lord, help us if (2) people hit this new matrix for the JP and a few people still hit for a couple of million each!!! You'll be looking at the HOLY GRAIL of lottery matrixes with a (100) number game!!!!!

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2013, 11:54 am - IP Logged

I only play two lines but I've always made sure I'm in for every draw.

That's a smart move. Just think of all the Cheerwine you could buy if you win.

LOL, I've never actually seen anybody drink that stuff.

And I'm more of a Dr Enuff man my ownself when it comes to sody.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

When that person wins this jackpot, I am sure the story might be they were on the fence about playing given the astronomical odds of winning...I guess I am glad I played that dollar (or 5 or 10 or 20 whatever the case will be). When you win, you don't care about the odds because you beat them. Before the drawing, the dream of winning the jackpot is exactly what some people need to cope with this Obama recovery and pay for their more expensive Obamacare insurance. Dang it! I said I was going to leave that dude alone.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1648 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2013, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

When that person wins this jackpot, I am sure the story might be they were on the fence about playing given the astronomical odds of winning...I guess I am glad I played that dollar (or 5 or 10 or 20 whatever the case will be). When you win, you don't care about the odds because you beat them. Before the drawing, the dream of winning the jackpot is exactly what some people need to cope with this Obama recovery and pay for their more expensive Obamacare insurance. Dang it! I said I was going to leave that dude alone.

to cope with this Obama recovery and pay for their more expensive Obamacare insurance.

Yep, I kow what ya mean. My original policy of all this time became 'illegal' and would no longer be offered by the company I'm employed with. What they did do, however, is somewhat modify certain aspects of my old plan increasing coverages here while slightly decreasing elsewhere...and it went up by $24 per pay period. I'm still actually comparing things and can make up the additional cost with no issues, but there are lots of folks that cannot do this. Then, there are others at my workplace that suffered absolutely no consequences in terms of cost or coverage. This whole deal was, seemingly, based around not paying enough per specific-type policy. Granted, the sickly and elderly do require more coverage and general maintenance but I'm not sure how this law will fare a few years from now.

The overall idea of getting people covered is great especially for those who can't get coverage for PEC's (Pre-Existing Conditions). 'How' they went about doing it, and, the requirements thereof are questionable, though. I can still see the same doctor which I like...'CHECK'. I liked my old plan, but couldn't keep it...'X'. I'm batting .500 right now.LOL

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Portland, OR
          United States
          Member #145973
          August 20, 2013
          226 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2013, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I'd simply feel worthless, lazy, and having a slave soul just like most people in this world, if I didn't play for a chance to win this big jackpot.  Anybody can win it.  I have friends who complain of never winning the lottery.  You ask them, well have you played?  They say no, they always lost playing cards or some non-money game as children. You can't win if you don't play.  Yes, to me it makes sense to play.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

gnozahs's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United States
            Member #148996
            November 17, 2013
            28 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes it makes sense. Now I'm actually considering dropping down a few bucks on MM.